Destroying factions is only possible when you complete the main quest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Well, so far I haven't quite understood: some say that completing the main quest is the only way to create your own Kingdom and all that. Some say that it is possible to create it without completing this boring stuff.

But what I'm curious about is that I've been reading forums and it seems that they manage to destroy factions by taking their settlements. Then they surrender and can be recruited. But I've failed the main quest (10 years, right) and play the game the way I want to play it. But the problem is that right now I have Battania and Sturgia without any settlement (literally 0 settlements), but these factions still exist and randomly declare wars to my or any other faction (60 vs 10k men, legit). Does this mean that the only way for factions to be destroyed is to complete the main quest?

And how can it be completed, when I read multiple threads saying that it becomes impossible to complete on some "Stop conspiracy" stage?

I don't think that kingdoms can be eliminated right now. They should disband when they have no fiefs for 30 days, but it does not appear that anything like that has been implemented yet.

Does this mean that the only way for factions to be destroyed is to complete the main quest?

I haven't managed to do even that, frankly. Lord parties do not disappear even when all fiefs of their faction are taken. They're running around with 0 ready troops because of starvation and seem to respawn somewhere if you attack them.

I haven't managed to do even that, frankly. Lord parties do not disappear even when all fiefs of their faction are taken. They're running around with 0 ready troops because of starvation and seem to respawn somewhere if you attack them.
Yep, they also declare random wars just for lulz

Yep, they also declare random wars just for lulz
Since AI declares wars based on how much manpower the other faction has per fief, having zero fiefs is basically their insurance against being attacked. Never seen them declare wars though. They're just chilling around on the map triggering my OCD every time I look at the diplomacy screen xD.

EDIT: Would be interesting if landless lords of forgotten factions degraded into minor bandit companies. I'd send Derthert to sleep in bushes any day of the week.

Since AI declares wars based on how much manpower the other faction has per fief, having zero fiefs is basically their insurance against being attacked. Never seen them declare wars though. They're just chilling around on the map triggering my OCD every time I look at the diplomacy screen xD.

EDIT: Would be interesting if landless lords of forgotten factions degraded into minor bandit companies. I'd send Derthert to sleep in bushes any day of the week.
Nah, in my playthrough Sturgia with 0 men and Battania with 66 men constantly declare war to random factions just to be beaten down in the mud once again.

Back
Top Bottom