MP Add "FACE" Hitbox with separate armor value provided by helmet item

Users who are viewing this thread

As the title says we need a FACE hitbox in addition to HEAD hitbox

- Separate FACE damage multiplier in xml file
- Small FACE Hitbox attached to head bone, slightly sticking out
- Armor Value would be defined in helmet item xml file

I feel like we really need to differentiate between the two pictures below and stop people eating Arrows, Crossbow Bolts, Spears to the face, Javelins, ETC, Just because they have a high armor value on the helmet

medieval-helmet-bascinet-of-german-origin-xiv-5.jpg
bascinet-helmet-with-nasal-plate-knight-of-fortune.jpg

doesn't multiplayer use a global armor value? there is no locational armor.

What do you mean? If you check the box to show hit details, it will tell you that it uses damage type, and armor for body part hit to calculate Delivered / Absorbed damage.

its probably super ****ty and tedious to add and then to balance everything

Not sure, I keep looking through the code it seems doable, and I am not saying it would be easy, but the building blocks and functionallity is definately there.

Balancing would be the hard part since everyone and their mom has a different opinion on how much armor a certain piece of gear should provide.

Regardless of the fact, if armor does not cover character face its imersion breaking seeing that character eat an arrow or a lance to the face and shrug it off because head armor value is high. Aiming for the small opening in the helmet would actually be a rewarding and beneficial tactic.

Or get a helmet with more protection!

What do you mean? If you check the box to show hit details, it will tell you that it uses damage type, and armor for body part hit to calculate Delivered / Absorbed damage.
You have the same amount of armour on every body part. you do the same amount of damage no matter if you hit the head or the arm or the leg
a face hitbox with the current system would literally do nothing

You have the same amount of armour on every body part. you do the same amount of damage no matter if you hit the head or the arm or the leg
a face hitbox with the current system would literally do nothing

Armour is uniform but there are different multiplying values for hitting the legs (0.8 ) and head/neck (1.2 for blunt and cutting damage and 2.0 for piercing). Still, I see no reason for a face hitbox: when considering gameplay, why punish people for being hit in the front more than when they are caught from behind?

Armour is uniform but there are different multiplying values for hitting the legs (0.8 ) and head/neck (1.2 for blunt and cutting damage and 2.0 for piercing). Still, I see no reason for a face hitbox: when considering gameplay, why punish people for being hit in the front more than when they are caught from behind?
ye there's small difference but not enough to actually have an impact (melee only)

armor is just a skin, you have a global armor value and different multipliers for body parts (just in multiplayer).Also for example improved armor perk doesnt decrase your movement speed.Your movement speed is also just a value
This is taleworlds grand desing of choise. :poop:

edit:
+in warband if you wear heavy armor your weapon skills also decrease (you hit slower, your accuracy getting worse etc etc...)
This is also not implemented in bannerlords multiplayer

Last edited:
false?I have a question for you. do you swing faster in naked or in fully armored are u aware what you play in warband?

Armor is designed to not be an impediment while fighting. And even if it were (which is not), Warband would still not be the real world, and there was no such a mechanic to reduce you weapons skill or even slow them just because you wear heavy armor. I remember a mod (I think it was CRPG) that reduced your power draw if you equipped certain gauntlets, but that was about it.

Back
Top Bottom