Smithing stamina

Users who are viewing this thread

Genlador

Recruit
At first I really hated the fact that smithing stamina only regenerates while waiting in towns. But the way smithing works now, it is a necessary balance feature. You can easily get smithing up to 60 very soon. Making money during the process is easy - buy hardwood cheap in Battania, sell charcoal almost anywhere else to double your investment (once you have the 3:2 charcoal perk, which is almost immediately). Once at level 60, you can smith weapons which give you good XP, sell for over 1000 per weapon and require only crude iron, wrought iron and iron. All of those are easily obtained by smelting looter weapons or even cheap throwing daggers bought in bulk in towns. Craft weapons every day, sell them, as XP increases you can make more expensive weapons from the same materials (currently you can make a sword worth 50 000 using only crude iron, wrought iron and iron - at that point you can make a million denars in one week and not worry about money ever again). The weapons sell everywhere for the same price no matter how much you saturate the market. The only bottleneck to how much money you can make is smithing stamina.

I believe it would be better if stamina regenerated while traveling on the map and the price of smithed weapons grew linearly, not exponentially (ideally reflect the price of materials used + some bonus).

I think the stamina mechanic should go away.

Instead smithing should cause time to advance, like it does when you are waiting in the city.

I think the stamina mechanic should go away.

Instead smithing should cause time to advance, like it does when you are waiting in the city.
This is actually a great idea. It basically achieves the same effect (forging weapons taking time/having consequence) while not being obtuse and annoying.

well i think some parts are just bugged and weapons are not intended to be sold for 50k. Some weapons purely out of t5 parts only sell for 1-2k. But even if these outliers are bugs and will be fixed you still make a lot of money with smithing.

At first I really hated the fact that smithing stamina only regenerates while waiting in towns. But the way smithing works now, it is a necessary balance feature. You can easily get smithing up to 60 very soon. Making money during the process is easy - buy hardwood cheap in Battania, sell charcoal almost anywhere else to double your investment (once you have the 3:2 charcoal perk, which is almost immediately). Once at level 60, you can smith weapons which give you good XP, sell for over 1000 per weapon and require only crude iron, wrought iron and iron. All of those are easily obtained by smelting looter weapons or even cheap throwing daggers bought in bulk in towns. Craft weapons every day, sell them, as XP increases you can make more expensive weapons from the same materials (currently you can make a sword worth 50 000 using only crude iron, wrought iron and iron - at that point you can make a million denars in one week and not worry about money ever again). The weapons sell everywhere for the same price no matter how much you saturate the market. The only bottleneck to how much money you can make is smithing stamina.

I believe it would be better if stamina regenerated while traveling on the map and the price of smithed weapons grew linearly, not exponentially (ideally reflect the price of materials used + some bonus).
There is a mod what makes stamina regenerate while traveling on the map.
I'm using it and it's so much better than vanilla, I always hated wasting huge amount of time waiting for stamina to regenerate. Now it's so nice to play the game normally and smith something from time to time. Makes the whole gameplay better because you know you can do something else like fighting the bandits or lords and by then your stamina will be full again, no need to waste time sitting in town doing literally nothing. Balanced or not, I literally don't care because I can't stand afk waiting for every 100 stamina anymore.

I'm using it and it's so much better than vanilla, I always hated wasting huge amount of time waiting for stamina to regenerate. Now it's so nice to play the game normally and smith something from time to time. Makes the whole gameplay better because you know you can do something else like fighting the bandits or lords and by then your stamina will be full again, no need to waste time sitting in town doing literally nothing. Balanced or not, I literally don't care because I can't stand afk waiting for every 100 stamina anymore.

This is perfect solution I believe. Progression still limited by daily stamina capacity, but it do not require to not play the game anymore. I think this is must be in core game.

Who would have the patience to just watch game run in order to smith?

You don't even necessarily have to make it a waiting period.

Just don't pause the map while you're in the smithing window. Then have smelting and refining take a couple seconds, with actually smithing a weapon take a bit longer.

It's already like this, except you have to do all your waiting at the same time trying to regain stamina. It's pretty jank that way, yet accomplishes the same basic thing as my idea.

This also ties in to my thought that generally having everything paused while you're in the town menu is real weird.

How come I can pop into a town and freeze opponents on the map, sell 1,000 lbs of loot, ransom 59 prisoners, recruit a dozen soldiers, and then pop back out onto the map and jump on that enemy army?

It's not a great simulation that way lol

I have tried this mod and a few other smithing mods, that is how I found out about how bugged the prices are, I got lucky with unlocking a blade and in 10 in-game days I was making 20 000 per day. Now I just use a mod which unlocks all smithing recipes, use a companion to craft whatever cool weapon I want in the beginning of the game and then release him and dont touch crafting for the rest of the game, the easy money is too tempting :grin:

I do agree stamina should regen while traveling, or the above suggested idea that time progresses while smithing - they achieve the same goal, the second solution being less painful.

Back
Top Bottom