I hate accelerated aging

Users who are viewing this thread

Period.
It's TW's game and dream and vision, whatever but I did not ask for this feature.
I do ask however for the option to turn it off. You can already turn off permadeath, turning off accelerated aging (aka setting it real time, a day's a day) would complement it nicely.
And no there won't be or else...
I just want it gone so badly. :xf-cry:

But why? i wish we woud age faster and play several Generations of a House like in CK II..
it one of the feature is looked forwar to mostly. It add some much immersion.

i just want taht so badly..

But why? i wish we woud age faster and play several Generations of a House like in CK II..

Because Mount & Blade.
Not sure how much M&B or WB you've played, but it was it's core. It's about YOU and a mount and a blade and whatever you want to do with it. It was a mesmerizing sandbox where you could be anybody with just a mount and a blade.
But with the accelerated aging the you is out of the picture. I don't give a s*** about my heirs growing up and murdering me for the throne. I want me - my character - to succeed and grow, not some bastards pissing on my grave.
If - or when - I want that I can play TW:Attila.
But I want to play M&B. Me.

Because Mount & Blade.
Not sure how much M&B or WB you've played, but it was it's core. It's about YOU and a mount and a blade and whatever you want to do with it. It was a mesmerizing sandbox where you could be anybody with just a mount and a blade.
But with the accelerated aging the you is out of the picture. I don't give a s*** about my heirs growing up and murdering me for the throne. I want me - my character - to succeed and grow, not some bastards pissing on my grave.
+1 XD

Lucky for you CK3 will be coming out soon. I don't want CK. I want M&B. I don't want to play The Sims or a generational strategy.

I neither fully agree, nor disagree. Thou I understand your point, the story about being YOUR story is right, but your story should include your children's stories and maybe their childrens stories too. I cannot imagine i play a game like for an year non stop just to get to my children and play with them.

Having said that i think this might be a good idea for a mod.

Because Mount & Blade.

i got my fair share of 1k hours in Warband thank you. I guess we have just a very different view on it. I like the immersion of me building the Foundation of a Clan Me beeing a Raider and a Merc , and my Sons to be Vassals and my Grandchildren beeing Kings and the Grandgrandchildren beeing Emporers of Caladria.

All start by that little runway smith Boy.

But sure, make it optional, as long as it stays.

what would disminish this awful aging would have been normal time, 12 months, not immersion breaking 84 days bull. Instead of 10 years being 3652 or so days, they give 840. 3652/840=4,34.

2 days in BL is 8,68 days in aging ... goodness. Not funny at all.

all happens too fast, combat is too fast, running is too fast, horse movement too fast. Arrows fly too fast. Their time is running too fast for mechanics I never asked for.

If your games are really long, then these features would have been ok. Not force down your throat.

I don't want age too, it's not work for all, what if warlord do not had children or not want children in background story lore? I don't know why we forced to marry and had children and loss freedom and waiting to die, and it's no fun to take over character you did not create, and lost character you create all those hours of hard work and played.

I've played CKII, It's a good game. But it's a very different focus. That's part of why I'm doubtful about Bannerlord roadmap. It tries to include conflicting mechanics and directions. You can't be at once Skyrim, CKII and M&B. You need clear priorities a a clear view of what you're aiming for. Otherwise you get a Frankenstein-monster game.

You can get a mod so you either dont age, or you can go back and slide your age back.
I'd rather see it in the options menu in the vanilla game as a checkbox than modding an otherwise perfect game. For modding I usually aim for bolder projects, like Prophesy of Pendor was in Warband.
When something doesn't require enormous ammounts of coding being a very simple mechanic I don't think 'Look for mods' is the answer.

I'd rather see it in the options menu in the vanilla game as a checkbox than modding an otherwise perfect game. For modding I usually aim for bolder projects, like Prophesy of Pendor was in Warband.
When something doesn't require enormous ammounts of coding being a very simple mechanic I don't think 'Look for mods' is the answer.
I would prefer it as a mod. If you have the option of 'normal aging' and 'accelerated aging' many new players will probably go for normal aging although the game is designed around accelerated aging. It probably doesn't even need a mod, just an ini tweak?

If you have the option of 'normal aging' and 'accelerated aging' many new players will probably go for normal aging although the game is designed around accelerated aging.
If that's true don't you think even the concept of accelerated aging in M&B is a huge mistake? (You know what my answer would be...)

Warband had aging didn't it? I swear I remember my character starting to suffer permanent stat loss as he got older in a really long game, and I don't think I was running any major mods on that game (just Diplomacy and a couple of QoL mods was how I mostly played).

When that happened I found it annoying, and so I have a foot in the "to hell with aging, it isn't fun" camp. But at the same time I loved CK2, and it would be interesting to see how well merging in the generational concept works. Let's not forget that Mount & Blade already is a fusion of concepts and genres... whether more can be added without ruining the experience isn't necessarily clear.

To manage the risk of it creating an experience that many people don't like, it really should be optional.

Back
Top Bottom