Council of Commons | Can I disable it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

Many of you know that Council of Commons policy is too powerful. It kind of is game breaking for me at the moment. I searched for a mod to disable it but no luck so far. If you guys know a mod or another way to disable that policy please share. :smile:

For those who don't know the issue, that policy gives +1 influence to clans for each notable settled in owner clans fiefs. That gives a lot of influence to every clan in the kingdom which makes politics somewhat useless.

I mean they could keep it as it is, if it wasn't just another numerical value, but had actual ramifications for how the kingdom is governed. Imagine if suddenly the common folk actually has a voice in how the realm is run. What is even mroe baffling is the rigoros rejection of this policy by pretty much all nobles, even though it has no downside and is a huge boost for all the nobles, even more so the powerful landed ones.
Power to the plebs!^^

Does the game start with this sometimes or is it one of those you can just cancel every time you go to the kingdom screen and never resolve?
Also I haven't noticed a downside to not resolving propositions, is there one and I'm just missing it?

Does the game start with this sometimes or is it one of those you can just cancel every time you go to the kingdom screen and never resolve?
Also I haven't noticed a downside to not resolving propositions, is there one and I'm just missing it?
Aren't they just auto-resolved after 24h?

Aren't they just auto-resolved after 24h?
I never says that for some of them, it's always "do you want to resolve the council of elders?" or in some playthroughs "do you want to resolve the grazing rights?" and I hit cancel and it stays there waiting for me forever. Could be a bug or exploit.
Also it's always the first thing when I join a faction and I never resolve it.

I mean they could keep it as it is, if it wasn't just another numerical value, but had actual ramifications for how the kingdom is governed. Imagine if suddenly the common folk actually has a voice in how the realm is run. What is even mroe baffling is the rigoros rejection of this policy by pretty much all nobles, even though it has no downside and is a huge boost for all the nobles, even more so the powerful landed ones.
Power to the plebs!^^

The numbers are so out of whack that they can't keep it as is. Every kingdom with this policy amasses thousands upon thousands of influence.

The numbers are so out of whack that they can't keep it as is. Every kingdom with this policy amasses thousands upon thousands of influence.

Ye i agree, it needs to be balanced, but it could still be a very powerful policy, if they just made it so that it had very serious consequences. How that would be done, when we dont even have any internal politics, meaningful developement of fiefs or real character interaction is another question.

Just finished a world conquest where Council of Commons was implemented really early. Finished with 140k influence while freely using it on votes and armies. Not that it mattered, as Caladog was rocking 90k and overruling everything anyway.

This was ruining games for me so I just modded the influence gain out.

If you want a copy, just extract this zip file to your Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules directory.

You might have to unblock CouncilOfTheCommonsTweak.dll in Modules\CouncilOfTheCommonsTweak\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
Does this ONLY remove the council of commons effect? Im going for a long playthrough on 1.2.1 still so i dont want to update to newest game version but i NEEED to get rid of council of commons as its getting ridiculous

Also if possible id like to know how to make council of commons only give 0.1 influence per notable like it does in the new game version, but ill happily settle for just removing it completely

Does this ONLY remove the council of commons effect? Im going for a long playthrough on 1.2.1 still so i dont want to update to newest game version but i NEEED to get rid of council of commons as its getting ridiculous

Also if possible id like to know how to make council of commons only give 0.1 influence per notable like it does in the new game version, but ill happily settle for just removing it completely

Yeah it just removes the influence gain effect. The militia boost and the policy still exist.

Back
Top Bottom