Do devs test before deploying the changes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Krow

Regular
It seems that each patch, things get worse for some features. Does TaleWorld have testers? Like do they test the changes they make before they deploy them? I feel they do not. I also feel they are deploying these changes in a hurry just to deliver. What do you think?

Nobody cares what you feel man, just play the game and report the bugs. Either help improve the game in a constructive way or zip it.

Nobody cares what you feel man, just play the game and report the bugs. Either help improve the game in a constructive way or zip it.
I don't care either of what you think of this thread :grin: This thread is made for discussion only and not getting butthurt.

This thread with the exact same subject was created before, and I created this thread to try to funnel the feedback in easy-to-read-tables. In the tables of my thread, I reckon it can be seen that most/half new content in a patch is good and tested, but mistakes do slip. Let's not bash on TaleWorlds but try to structure dialogue with them.
Not trying to bash on them. I was just wondering why do things go from bad to worse? Just curious...
Also, your thread seems really cool. Didn't see it before. Thanks for sharing :grin:

I am also curious to know how is it possible.

I mean, I do test my products before I sell them, I test them well as if I was one of my customers, in Bannerlord there are problems that are evident as soon as you start playing, how is it possible that they haven't noticed them??
I have to think they haven't even booted the game to see if it ran....

PS. I have thousands of hours in Warband, the more upset players are actually the ones who love the TW the most, remember that.

Probably very limited internal testing right now, I mean the game is already being weirdly developed and I'm sure it's going to be a very, very slow process.

I mean look at it. Right now we have an early access game in alpha (it's alpha, not beta, it isn't feature complete). That now has a live and a test server, with the test server almost exclusively being used for just balancing changes and the live server being potentially more broken than test as it gets the crash fixes and balancing. I really don't even understand the point of it.

You hardly ever even see feature complete games with a public test that is just balancing changes and crash fixes, that's just par for the course if you have an early access game. You'd think beta would be reserved for implementing somewhat large gameplay elements and then if they wanted to further have an alpha testing group that would be potentially game shattering core mechanics.

At this rate we're probably looking at another 8 years of development lol.

yer my game is gg every city broke and ai kingdoms falling apart
90% sure that u re using a previous savegame.
So if u re using an pre-patch saved game into a new one, probably will be malfunction. Variables are very different and causes those problems.
Hey! They warned us about that.

More people play and discover bug is lot better than small team with paid test game for some reason, no company can afford mass of people testing game, it's too costy but it's will get job done if people keep reporting left and rights, while small team test it,and may not see or not find or too slow finding.

The thing with the town economy plummeting was probably not tested, but was probably technically sound, like they just changed some stuff they knew wouldn't cause crashes/bugs and though would slow down money making...... but uh oh.

Back
Top Bottom