What hardware components do I need to upgraded to make bannerlord run smoother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

Bit of a noob when it comes to computer specs - i've always just bought PCs and laptops off the shelf and not cared too much about their parts.

I'm finding bannerlord a bit laggy on my gaming laptop. Here's what I've got:

Intel i7-7700HQ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
8GB

What should i upgrade to help bannerlord run smoother? i have literally no clue

Thanks!

Not sure you can at this point, SSD helps but even people with them and good builds are having problems. The Reg I played it on last night is i5 9600K at 5.0ghz, 32 gb or ram, RTX 2080 super, and a 2tb 1800mbs ssd. And it crashed and jerked all over the place, there is just things they need to fix right now. Some people with far less powerful rigs then the one I played are having no problems while others cant even play. So we just have to wait on TaleWorlds for some fixes.

Laptop cann't really be upgraded just lower setting the the demands on your card. May help to have 16 gig of ram.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try putting it on the SSD. and will look into adding extra ram

and i am running it at very low rn and still having lag - its awful

Lemonit have be your ram 16 gig and look increase the ram Speed in your upgrade. If it shared it greatly increase it performance. Shared ram with video will effect your gaming. Faster ram and good timing help offset limits.

A 1060GTX 6gb and a 3 series cpu with 16gb ram runs this game to its full potential, after all the memory leaks fixes i have done 1k battles, i have zero lag anymore.

My ssd is some old sata ssd, be careful what you buy and don't trust benchmarks or any other site that blows smoke up your arse with fake hardware reviews. Trust your own intuition only, even system requirements for this game i would exclude.

I ran this game for 18 hours straight while i slept last night just to test the strain it put on my hardware, my cpu was at 60c, and gpu 63c, i have no case fans or water cooling other than a crappy AIO on my cpu 120mm.

So yes the game does not not need a 9 series cpu to run stable below 100%, mine is around 85% in full load maxed out 1k battlesize after all the fixes. Again there is so many sources that try to steal your money by pushing you into their deals, don't trust anything or anyone online when buying hardware.

For aa i run it through inspector and vsync, just becaust most games fail at handling it well.

Last edited:
I found out that the game is very heavy on the pagefile.
had awful performance while still having the game on SSD, but when i moved windows pagefile to SSD as well then it got butter smooth.

I found out that the game is very heavy on the pagefile.
had awful performance while still having the game on SSD, but when i moved windows pagefile to SSD as well then it got butter smooth.

It needs to be on the system drive, mine is 16gb as it is now, the only game that has ever used 16gb was Ark, i don't need to tell you that it is one of the worst running games throughout gaming history.

well that videocard its kinda very low for bannerlord no matter whats specs say so, yes u have a lot to upgrade!
i mean its not a bad card but we are entering new gen, so for new gen its kinda low!

Not sure you can at this point, SSD helps but even people with them and good builds are having problems. The Reg I played it on last night is i5 9600K at 5.0ghz, 32 gb or ram, RTX 2080 super, and a 2tb 1800mbs ssd. And it crashed and jerked all over the place, there is just things they need to fix right now. Some people with far less powerful rigs then the one I played are having no problems while others cant even play. So we just have to wait on TaleWorlds for some fixes.

This I was running a GTX 970, I upgraded to a RTX 2070 Super and I could run graphic settings higher but it wasn't as smooth if that makes sense. Jittery etc.

Back
Top Bottom