Ways to deal with the toxicity

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trash talking will always be a thing. However, there should be a report section for teamkillers. In NA there are players trying to tk everyone playing archer or cav and it ruins so much games. But I guess we won’t get one for some times (thank you TW)

yeah like people in multiplayer listen or help each others...
Well, I try to. The toxics certainly dont.

Trash talking will always be a thing.
Trashtalk can be fun, thats not what I mean.
I mean toxicity, trolling, racsim and homophobia. And even so some of this is always there, other games manage to keep it to a bare minimum.
I ve had more of this BS at my first evening of M&B-MP then I have in other games in a whole month!

The most toxic people i met so far are (newish) players that can't handle other people being better at the game and instantly talk **** once their losing.

This. It's usually the **** bottom feeders with 1 kill and as many deaths as they could have in the rounds that have played who start spamming "EZ EZ EZ" at the end of a game after I've carried their ass to the win.

Trash talking is acceptable, you can usually tell when it's just trash talking. If I get shot by a friendly in an end of round melee I purposely break off the melee to go slap that stupid ****, usually gets a reaction but then they might think about what they are doing next time.

EDIT: @Rangah is particularly terrible for doing that, except he headshots me so I can't go slap him. ?

I mean toxicity, trolling, racsim and homophobia. And even so some of this is always there, other games manage to keep it to a bare minimum.
I ve had more of this BS at my first evening of M&B-MP then I have in other games in a whole month!
Ditto. The other day I kept ending up in games with two people constantly spewing literal Nazi garbage, pretty distracting. And turning off chat precludes any ability to organize, so it's not really an option in my mind.

Toxicity usually comes with games that lean too heavily on allies to win. Just like league of legends, your not usually going to win a 2 v 1 as opposed to something like a gun game where it is much easier. When someone dies to a 2 v 1, instead of just accepting it, they have to blame someone for that circumstance. It's then in their mind every ally's fault for not saving them. God forbid they actually LOSE 2 v 1 while being the 2 people. Then their logic can't accept their own failure and they just implode on the teammate for how it must have been THEIR fault.

Basically it just comes down to a test of character, and unfortunately most are just giant man-babies who can't take a loss with dignity.

The only way to deal with this (or anything people would see as infractions or whatever, from team-wounding to sabotaging their own team in siege) would be servers with active admins. So it'll probably be a while, but if past experience is any indicator there will probably end up being some servers that police chat, and some that let people say anything. I guess they could program in some filters, but I've never seen a filter that hasn't been able to by gotten around, and I'd rather they work on something worthwhile instead, because they say they're going to let us host and run our own servers eventually anyway. How much is the community hurt between then and now, who knows? Until then, I guess the mute feature is your friend.

Toxicity usually comes with games that lean too heavily on allies to win. Just like league of legends, your not usually going to win a 2 v 1 as opposed to something like a gun game where it is much easier. When someone dies to a 2 v 1, instead of just accepting it, they have to blame someone for that circumstance. It's then in their mind every ally's fault for not saving them. God forbid they actually LOSE 2 v 1 while being the 2 people. Then their logic can't accept their own failure and they just implode on the teammate for how it must have been THEIR fault.

Basically it just comes down to a test of character, and unfortunately most are just giant man-babies who can't take a loss with dignity.
I used to love League of Legends, but after playing for 6 years, it changes you. :lol: :lol:
*dies Top-Lane before level 6* "GUYS WHERE IS MY JUNGLE?!?!?!"

I actually haven't seen any toxicity other than the people at the bottom of the scoreboard on the winning team saying "gg ez" afterwards, but that's a pretty standard online experience.

I'm new to multiplayer though and I've only played siege, so I don't know if that's the more casual game mode or something?

I actually haven't seen any toxicity other than the people at the bottom of the scoreboard on the winning team saying "gg ez" afterwards, but that's a pretty standard online experience.

I'm new to multiplayer though and I've only played siege, so I don't know if that's the more casual game mode or something?
people usually talk less in siege actually dont think anyone writes anything there

I'll just insert this relevant explanation and suggestion again since this is a thread with a more constructive title.
Toxicity exist in every multi-player game where you can win or lose. It'd be delusional to believe otherwise or that it began in Bannerlord.
I've come upon unmarked/EA players calling me gay when I killed them 1v3 in warm up, but no negative remarks from Alpha/Beta players yet.
Most of the time it's not breaking any laws, that'd be personal insults or threatening behavior. There's also a mute function in-game.

Then what can be done against players behaving in a disrespectful manner without impacting gameplay?
- CS:GO recently gave their players the option to entirely opt-out of seeing enemy chat.

Ignore it, mute them, show a little restraint. No matter how much the bawbag chats codswallop, just envisage smacking them over the head with a shovel and move on.

These people feed on a response. I agree, it can sometimes make game play unpleasant, but every community has it's village idiots.

Ignore it, mute them, show a little restraint. No matter how much the bawbag chats codswallop, just envisage smacking them over the head with a shovel and move on.

These people feed on a response. I agree, it can sometimes make game play unpleasant, but every community has it's village idiots.
Yeah, thats how I try to handle it.
But thats why I suggested a permanent mute for people, so I dont have to manually mute them each match and dont have to turn off team-communication completly.

Eventually you just get used to it and accept that most gamers are the worst humanity has to offer. It stops affecting you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom