Pls give us an option to turn off female generals

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IngvarK

Recruit
Hi to everyone. First of all I want to thank whole taleworlds team for a great, unique game. I know moderators don't like such topics, but I'd like to see answer. I want to play a close to history game, female generals are against any common sense, as in medieval living conditions(do not confuse with medieval setting) women were near every year pregnant and after 40 they were old grandmothers already. Medieval hygiene and medicine were quite awful:smile:

There were only several women who had lead armies. And pls notice, all of them - for a short period of time, Boudica and Joan of Arc were more symbols than generals. Others i can't remember. I don't mind the Empress or Queen, as it has sense, but women for generals and gang leaders look very weird. It is not tv-show where viking grandmother 60+, who looks younger than her son, defeats middle-aged raider ringleader. When you say that game is fictional you forget about book sources, historical novels are also fiction but they are not stupid.

Moderators advised to those who don't like female generals to go back to 1989 year (very polite as for a community manager) or mod game, so pls TW make a text file or in-game option to toggle female generals. We can't expect mods soon, as clan system seems to be hard-coded in game mechanics. Also I remember in Warband there was an option to toggle woman prejudice level, pls bring it back

Hi to everyone. First of all I want to thank whole taleworlds team for a great, unique game. I know moderators don't like such topics, but I'd like to see answer. I want to play a close to history game, female generals are against any common sense, as in medieval living conditions(do not confuse with medieval setting) women were near every year pregnant and after 40 they were old grandmothers already. Medieval hygiene and medicine were quite awful:smile:

There were only several women who had lead armies. And pls notice, all of them - for a short period of time, Boudica and Joan of Arc were more symbols than generals. Others i can't remember. I don't mind the Empress or Queen, as it has sense, but women for generals and gang leaders look very weird. It is not tv-show where viking grandmother 60+, who looks younger than her son, defeats middle-aged raider ringleader. When you say that game is fictional you forget about book sources, historical novels are also fiction but they are not stupid.

Moderators advised to those who don't like female generals to go back to 1989 year (very polite as for a community manager) or mod game, so pls TW make a text file or in-game option to toggle female generals. We can't expect mods soon, as clan system seems to be hard-coded in game mechanics. Also I remember in Warband there was an option to toggle woman prejudice level, pls bring it back

If you are thinking of latin/germanic middle-ages, yes. But if you look at norther Europe, we are learning now that women were far more common on the battlefield alongside men, even as leaders. Certainly there were far more men than women, but they existed. Besides, this is a fictional world inspired by historic cultures, not directly emulating them. In that sense, women can be generals.

I'm not saying you're wrong because I totally agree, but this is some modern PC crap that only mods will fix.

Took my answer. Not verbatim, but the premise. Mods and only mods will change this.

If you are thinking of latin/germanic middle-ages, yes. But if you look at norther Europe, we are learning now that women were far more common on the battlefield alongside men, even as leaders. Certainly there were far more men than women, but they existed. Besides, this is a fictional world inspired by historic cultures, not directly emulating them. In that sense, women can be generals.

And there's the second half of my answer.

This looks similar like black and asia gender in medieval Bohemia in Kingdom Come Deliverance. Wait ...there are no black and asian people in this game ....same like in the medieval Bohemia. :smile:

devs dont waste you time on implementing something like this, make actually useful additions. If some people cant handle women in games, let some like "minded" indvidual make a mod for it. Unless these people also want to see game functions implemented like sieges lasting ingame months, not days, and 30% of their troops dying of dysentery, or the revoval og all armors and weapons that are several 100 years out of their time period, then i dont give much for "it breaks my immersion".

devs dont waste you time on implementing something like this, make actually useful additions. If some people cant handle women in games, let some like "minded" indvidual make a mod for it. Unless these people also want to see game functions implemented like sieges lasting ingame months, not days, and 30% of their troops dying of dysentery, or the revoval og all armors and weapons that are several 100 years out of their time period, then i dont give much for "it breaks my immersion".
Oh boy, PC police here.

Edit: be sure to use the "search" function to avoid making redundant posts.
ok, thank you, i've read other closed topics, but didn't notice that

I don't deny this, but percentage of female warriors was a lot smaller than in game, we had sword-sisters in Warband and a Queen-pretender

This will only happen in a Mod. I mean I don't see the harm at all about giving people a choice, a simple check box at the beginning of the campaign that allows the end user to turn off female generals in their own play thru that only they are going to see. However, the PC crowd will argue that even giving people the option to do this, just reinforces the fact that women should be kept down beneath men in the modern society. Often as not it just isn't worth the negative press especially when they know a modder will solve the issue for them simply and quickly.

No the realism argument police is here, i dont mind realism games, but Bannerlord is not one.
Go read the M&B description and see for yourself, the whole game setting is aimed to be historically realistic but NOT accurate. So just because some people want more realism doesnt mean they "cant handle females in games" thats highly hostile and immature.

Go read the M&B description and see for yourself, the whole game setting is aimed to be historically realistic but NOT accurate. So just because some people want more realism doesnt mean they "cant handle females in games" thats highly hostile and immature.
Saying stuff like PC police is hostile and immature.

In a game set in a made up world consisting of made up countries populated by made up people, the “it’s not authentic to the time period and therefore breaks my immersion” argument really doesn’t apply. It’s the equivalent of playing a game like no man’s sky and saying “this isn’t scientifically accurate and therefore breaks my immersion”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom