SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Does 'Death Enabled' Actually Work?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have had this feature enabled on my last two characters, one I played to full map victory (not saying much I know) and one I was still playing. I have been downed numerous times on both saves and have not once seen them die. I have been stabbed to death, shot to death, heck I even got blown up by my own onager during a siege! But none of it kills me, so it leaves me to wonder if you can die at all. Does anyone else have any insight on this? I'd sort of get it if it activated properly when you had a adult child but it just seems very odd to me idk.

I have had this feature enabled on my last two characters, one I played to full map victory (not saying much I know) and one I was still playing. I have been downed numerous times on both saves and have not once seen them die. I have been stabbed to death, shot to death, heck I even got blown up by my own onager during a siege! But none of it kills me, so it leaves me to wonder if you can die at all. Does anyone else have any insight on this? I'd sort of get it if it activated properly when you had a adult child but it just seems very odd to me idk.
I don't think so no, My character is already 60 years old. And i have been in a fck ton of battles and i still haven't died.
And i already have adult children

I think by "death enabled" it applies to dying from old age or something of the sort. Heroes can't die in battle as far as I know. They can die if they're intentionally executed.

I think by "death enabled" it applies to dying from old age or something of the sort. Heroes can't die in battle as far as I know. They can die if they're intentionally executed.
The option is "Heroes can die in battle"
I still don't think you can die of old age. There is a character in my game almost 90 years old. He's still fit and not dead

Edit: Don't quote me on this. Maybe he dies at a 100 years old idk.

Edit 2: Here is the man nearing 90

I've seen no death on the battlefield but I have seen random intrigue deaths and executions which leads me to infer this feature is not implemented yet

It is possible to be executed by other lords if you have done the same. It is also possible to play as your heir or spouse if dead.
wkay4gr1yar41.png

(image courtesy of u/Shimundo)

f8v2pZV.png

(Not my image but I found it somewhere in the forum)

I've seen no death on the battlefield but I have seen random intrigue deaths and executions which leads me to infer this feature is not implemented yet

I have seen people be assassinated before too, makes me wonder if that's something that we as players will be able to do. While I have no problem chopping heads off it would be nice to have the sneaky option too.

I have seen people be assassinated before too, makes me wonder if that's something that we as players will be able to do. While I have no problem chopping heads off it would be nice to have the sneaky option too.
I'm sure we will get the option to do this whether it be a new intrigue system or by a quest you can start with anyone to get them killed and such when you reach some sort of negative relation or they slight you however I have no idea when this will be introduced and how important of a priority it is

The option is "Heroes can die in battle"
I still don't think you can die of old age. There is a character in my game almost 90 years old. He's still fit and not dead

Edit: Don't quote me on this. Maybe he dies at a 100 years old idk.

Edit 2: Here is the man nearing 90

Oh I didn't claim that death from old age was implemented. What I meant is that the intention was that your character could not die in battle but through other means (perhaps, when/if it gets implemented).

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work as intended. The description clearly says it allows characters to die IN BATTLE, and I've been fighting various lords for over 50h now, and not a single one of them died, even though I defeated a few of them several times. While of course, I could just execute them, this option would actually make up for a lot more dynamic world if lords could die in battles between AIs.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work as intended. The description clearly says it allows characters to die IN BATTLE, and I've been fighting various lords for over 50h now, and not a single one of them died, even though I defeated a few of them several times. While of course, I could just execute them, this option would actually make up for a lot more dynamic world if lords could die in battles between AIs.

Fair point

Strangely enough, the battle results would sometimes list a lord or companion as dead, not wounded, but they would still resurrect in the campaign map. I'm not sure if this is a visual bug or Taleworlds was planning to include lord death in battle.

Back
Top Bottom