SP - General [BEST OF your Suggestions] Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

I made a compilation of the best suggestions I've found about the Companions:
  • All of the Companions are Sturgians! Tsewe CORRECTED e1.0.7
  • Companions level up too rarely especially in areas like roguery. Flauvious
  • Companion skills should be tied to their backstories, not just to their nicknames, it is immersion-breaking. raidersdie
  • Unlike Warband, companions in this game don't have any flavor dialogue or quests at all. They need more various backstories raidersdie
  • Companions are often so high in level that it takes them forever to acquire new points and specialize. we should be able to get a young and inexperienced companion that you can shape in the way you want. Schoulayer
  • Less semi-randomly generated companions, some should be handcrafted, for them to be interesting Nikks
  • They should come with unique acessories Nikks
  • There should have been more roles in clan menu. raidersdie
  • Comments from your companions during a battle, catchphrases, jokes, animations. (A little bit like champions in MOBAs relatively speaking ) Nikks
  • Companions shouldn't have stats at 0.(0 intelligence means the brain is missing) Also, this makes adding new skills to a character near impossible.raiderdie
  • A cinematic introduction for the first time you discover a companion. like a future companion making an arm wrestling in a tavern or having a duel, a girl being bothered by thugs and you save here like a hero Nikks

I agree with Tsewe saying that it's sad that companions are far from being a priority for the devs. I think that there should be an emphasis on them . The questions is are they dull due to Early access or TW is just not planning to work on them?
(This thread will be updated , each time I find good suggestions)

Last edited:
Im thinking both generated and handcrafted. Handcrafted having fixed attributes and generated ,well generated attributes. +1 overall

I made a compilation of the best suggestions I've found about the Companions:

No more semi-randomly generated companions, they should be handcrafted and not hundreds but a dozen, for them to be interesting

(This thread will be updated , each time I find good suggestions)
Why would we need to take away random generated companions at all? Just hire the hand crafted ones when they release.

Besides, I want fully customizable random companions, meaning I can rename and rebuild their look. I don't want to play every campaign with the same pool of companions.

What about the AI? They seem to be very weak in battles and miss target too often with 2H weapons from the horse. Any average troop is more effective than them even they have crazy skills, gears and lvl.

Why would we need to take away random generated companions at all? Just hire the hand crafted ones when they release.

Besides, I want fully customizable random companions, meaning I can rename and rebuild their look. I don't want to play every campaign with the same pool of companions.
I edited the topic, replaced "no more" by "less"
But I'm not convinced that totally customizable characters are a good idea because I think it can break the immersion. i.e When you are immersed in a world you are not supposed to choose how the people look, how the king looks etc...
I think we should rely on a mod for that, and there will be a mod 99% probability
but maybe I'm wrong...

Last edited:
What about the AI? They seem to be very weak in battles and miss target too often with 2H weapons from the horse. Any average troop is more effective than them even they have crazy skills, gears and lvl.
it's so obvious I didn't put it in the list
I think that TW knows that the combat AI is can be improved, companions or troops.

Last edited:
I edited the topic, replaced "no more" by "less"
But I'm not convinced that totally customizable characters are a good idea because I think it can break the immersion. i.e When you are immersed in a world you are not supposed to choose how the people look, how the king looks etc...
I think we should rely on a mod for that, and there will be a mod 99% probability
but maybe I'm wrong...
First, you're not adjusting the look of Lords or Rulers or any of the other main characters or hand-crafted companions. I don't know where you got that idea. I specifically said this would be for randomly generated companions.

Second, no one would be forcing you to change the way the character looks. It would be optional. You hire, then you can choose to customize or keep them as is. For a player who doesn't want to mess with the look of random companions, the extent of it would be a choice between a "Done" button and a "Customize" button. Immersion unharmed.

First, you're not adjusting the look of Lords or Rulers or any of the other main characters or hand-crafted companions. I don't know where you got that idea. I specifically said this would be for randomly generated companions.

Second, no one would be forcing you to change the way the character looks. It would be optional. You hire, then you can choose to customize or keep them as is. For a player who doesn't want to mess with the look of random companions, the extent of it would be a choice between a "Done" button and a "Customize" button. Immersion unharmed.
Sorry it was not clear, what I wanted to say is that the king is a part of the world you are immersed in, like the companions you meet during your adventure

Sorry it was not clear, what I wanted to say is that the king is a part of the world you are immersed in, like the companions you meet during your adventure
I understand that. And for you and players like you whose sense of immersion is weakened by the act of customizing companions, you can simply choose not to customize them at all. The existence of the option itself does not ruin immersion because it does not change the original appearance of the random companions. You have to actively choose to do that.

Personally, my enjoyment of a game is enhanced by party customization. I get a vision for a type of companion party and then build it from scratch. I enjoy it greatly, and I think plenty of others do too. Bannerlord is primed to allow for that option, and it just seems like if we're going to populate the world with random companions each play through then they might as well give us the option to customize them entirely.

Like if the goal there is to keep the games feeling fresh and new, just open up random companions to total customization.

Im thinking both generated and handcrafted. Handcrafted having fixed attributes and generated ,well generated attributes. +1 overall
Maybe have it to where at the start all the companions are hand crafted but as you progress and the originals die off then have the generated ones come in and fill the gap. Though this would require a campaign to last longer

Back
Top Bottom