What is the lore regarding female Lords?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a quick search of the wiki brings up Lady Isolla of Suno and Arwa the Pearled One as claimants to the throne in Warband - they could have been helped by the player. King Harlaus mentioned stories of Swadian warrior queens. There's also Queen Christina who was pushed off the throne by the current King Carl Gustof she had chosen as heir. Plenty of women in power there

Err, you misunderstand what I am saying. I have no problem with the southern empire having an empress and possible female claimants to the throne. This is actually fine and a good touch, however, there shouldn't be so many other female lords who are leading armies and there shouldn't be so many female companions and gang leaders. A few are fine, as was in previous games. I really feel the female gang leaders are just dumb. If something is rare, it should be rare. If you say it is rare, but then make it common, that is just stupid.

If Calradia was set in a world where women ruled and men were meant to do other things and not fight, etc. I would have no problem with it if that was their creative vision. This is not what is going on here and it is easy to see.

You are clearly just making my point. Times change is just another excuse for pandering/appeasing certain people. No one is cussing on them, you are just trying to change what is already established to fit your rationality.
You say "pandering" implying that this is a choice for appeasing people. As opposed to a choice made because that's the kind of message the creators want to send. No one forces them to make a game where it's a coin flip between male or female. And I'm pretty sure that no one really expected them to either, given the historical themes of the previous games. But they still consciously chose to do this the way they did.

I would present the argument of social regression as we have seen a couple of times in history but I don't get the feeling you're actually interested in actually having a constructive discussion.

I guess this "Mod" was here in one or two threads too, or they have several with the same issues.

but more important:

where did sword sisters disappear :grin:

:wink:

I think this

Let us just state what is obvious, taleworlds is obviously pandering here. Just look at the first game, which made it very clear how difficult it would be to play as a female and had many mentions of how females were treated in society, etc. So you are telling me that a game which takes places 200 or whatever years before the previous game, women have much more power and authority? It is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. There are more female gangster leaders in this game than anything else, tons of female warlords, etc. The only thing they didn't do thankfully was make female soldiers. That would have been blatant. They were clearly looking for a way to appease a certain group of people and came up with this solution.

is the most accurate thing you will get.

Let us just state what is obvious, taleworlds is obviously pandering here. Just look at the first game, which made it very clear how difficult it would be to play as a female and had many mentions of how females were treated in society, etc. So you are telling me that a game which takes places 200 or whatever years before the previous game, women have much more power and authority? It is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. There are more female gangster leaders in this game than anything else, tons of female warlords, etc. The only thing they didn't do thankfully was make female soldiers. That would have been blatant. They were clearly looking for a way to appease a certain group of people and came up with this solution.
If you're so concerned with how women were treated differently in the previous game then you must be FUMING to know how inconsistent the new map is to the old one.

Err, you misunderstand what I am saying. I have no problem with the southern empire having an empress and possible female claimants to the throne. This is actually fine and a good touch, however, there shouldn't be so many other female lords who are leading armies and there shouldn't be so many female companions and gang leaders. A few are fine, as was in previous games. I really feel the female gang leaders are just dumb. If something is rare, it should be rare. If you say it is rare, but then make it common, that is just stupid.
Actually, I think it makes sense. "You are clearly just making my point". The fact that you have an empress or two but a lot of female gang leaders and companions makes sense where women are forced to go on their own and try to join the player's forces or loot and join up with the bad guys.

You are clearly just making my point. Times change is just another excuse for pandering/appeasing certain people. No one is cussing on them, you are just trying to change what is already established to fit your rationality.
And you are trying to rationalise making a developer a slave to some decisions they made when they were a much smaller studio decades ago. Try and think of what you thought that long ago and see if anything's changed, and if you'd like people trying to make you only think that.

And you are trying to rationalise making a developer a slave to some decisions they made when they were a much smaller studio decades ago. Try and think of what you thought that long ago and see if anything's changed, and if you'd like people trying to make you only think that.

This is the dumbest argument ever.

Why is it ridiculous? It's not impossible that the position of women has declined in the years between Bannerlord and Warband. It's certainly something that happened in real history.

Right, so everything else but this is at least close to historically accurate, it's a medieval game, deal with it.

Right, so everything else but this is at least close to historically accurate, it's a medieval game, deal with it.
Aside from the Battanians never having built cities as big as they have, and never contemporary to the other historical empires the factions are based on? As ADMITTED BY THE DEVS in a dev blog? They have made a game based on parts of medieval history. Other's they changed. Deal with it.

I don't know what y'all complaining about, I'm just looking forward to another amazon mod :grin:

To go back to the original post, double standards, inconsistencies, and exceptions in social norms are way more interesting to me than blanket rules like faction x all think that women shouldn't be leaders. And removing it from the historical argument for the moment this is completely realistic for a society as we see it in our modern world all the time. Now the historical argument is a little different, but as others have stated this isn't a strict historical game, so the way they have it is fine with me. And the developers aren't going back so it may be time to move on from this. And yes there are absolutely cases in history of regression in gender equality and based on history it is completely believable that this could change in the 200 years between warband and bannerlord.

To go back to the original post, double standards, inconsistencies, and exceptions in social norms are way more interesting to me than blanket rules like faction x all think that women shouldn't be leaders.

Those are not "exceptions" in social norms. This is the homologation of genders for the sake of SJWs, which has nothing positive and detracts from the gameplay experience. Why? Because if male and females are treated equally, then your gender in the character creation doesn't matter at all. While, with sexism, you have different gameplay experiences if you choose to play with one gender instead of the other, and it increases replayability.

Also let's not ****ing talk about it like it was a creative decision. Sexism exists in the game files, as the mod I've posted above demonstrate it, they have simply hidden the mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom