The M&B MP 'feel' from a veteran

Users who are viewing this thread

I actually enjoyed the Class system back in Beta, but the game NEEDS Private Servers and and Battle at Minimum, so that people can have massive event battles. I'm 99% sure they said the Class system made it easier for them to balance given the reduced number of variables that need to be taken into account.

For people complaining about combat feeling sluggish, check out the changed mechanics from warband to bannerlord in this video:

The timed block, follow-up swings and left-side / right-side stance in particular speed up combat a lot.

+1 so devs can see

100% agree with OP. For me who has 1003 hours on warband (not counting stealing my friends disk so i could play before i got steam lol), after all that i was probably average/good at multiplayer. And ALL of that is contributed to grinding it out in duels to learn mechanics of the game , and playing events/Battle mode (Most of my time was in Napoleonic for the multiplayer side go PSG). And i have been out of practice for quite awhile. So having a duel mode would be great so i can learn all the new and subtly changes to combat instead of watching a video. Not being able to find this stuff on my own really just takes away the satisfaction of finally getting the timing on chambering and absolutley going to town with the knowledge.

Hope the devs see the thread and start fixing soon!

Pretty much agree with you on everything, primarily the need for duel+battle servers. That's where the close knit community were formed, still today I play with people I've met on community servers.

+1 to this. I've played this series on and off since the beta in 2005. I have several thousand hours in Warband and its expansions and I am very excited to see where Bannerlord goes.

However, all the above criticisms are correct, and particularly the point about customization. Without the ability to choose a symbol and customize your character's physical features, multiplayer will lose a huge amount of the charm which it previously had and will not be able to retain the longstanding community which Warband enjoyed. New players will see it as another knock-off medieval combat game when rightfully, Bannerlord should be the returning king of the genre, here to provide unique multiplayer experiences for the next 10 years.

I sincerely hope these issues will be fixed and I have faith that you will do so. Until then I will keep my copy, but I probably won't be playing much either. I look forward to playing with all these features implemented in the future.

For people complaining about combat feeling sluggish, check out the changed mechanics from warband to bannerlord in this video:

The timed block, follow-up swings and left-side / right-side stance in particular speed up combat a lot.

Not sure how that's supposed to help. Most of the unresponsive, sluggish feeling stems from slow ready speed (how quickly you can prepare an attack), block speed, and movement acceleration, not the release speed of attacks or stuns. Stances only add a feeling of randomness and inconsistency, but they certainly don't aid in making the game feel more responsive.

I don't know why they've changed the multiplayer so much from Warband. It was Warbands strongest feature for most people.

I miss the feeling of recognizing the player that have beaten you over and over again.
I miss the naked heroes, it was stupidly dumb but you know...
I miss the 22nd siege server, it had the sexiest maps and the least neo nazi propaganda of all casual servers

Currently there is no purpose other than whacking at enemies and therefore a lack of satisfaction and tension. Skirmish kinda has it but with the lack of customisation and random factions it's roll of the dice if you can have a prefered loadout.

If the game can sustain a large playerbase to divide it by "fix it" mods then that's all fine but if it goes back to ~500-1000 then it will be rough

I realise I kinda hijacked your thread to mini-rant but there are enough threads already so deal with it :razz:

Heya, glad you still remember our old siege server. We're planning on getting a server back up, when they add dedicated servers again. We oldies are back for Bannerlord.

The only reason I can think of is that TW is trying to do what games workshop did with age of sigmar. GW intentionally drove away the veterans of the game (warhammer fantasy) to make the game more accessible for new players. Eventually some of the veterans did come back, but in the period they were away enough new players had moved in, making the community full of fairly new players and growing it a lot. I will say that was a success, but they lost most of the players who used to love the game.

However, I don't think taleworlds is attempting anything like that. But assuming that they are competent, that is the best reason I can think of.

The only reason I can think of is that TW is trying to do what games workshop did with age of sigmar. GW intentionally drove away the veterans of the game (warhammer fantasy) to make the game more accessible for new players. Eventually some of the veterans did come back, but in the period they were away enough new players had moved in, making the community full of fairly new players and growing it a lot. I will say that was a success, but they lost most of the players who used to love the game.

However, I don't think taleworlds is attempting anything like that. But assuming that they are competent, that is the best reason I can think of.
The problem with that though, is how loyal are the new players going to be to a bannerlord that now feels like any other dime a dozen games are in the genre now. TW threw away what made M&B MP feel unique.

I think dueling and field battles is a given and TaleWorlds already knows it needs to be added. We lack a lot of content in the multiplayer department so far, so that leaves me to believe TaleWorlds still has a lot to put on the table. My only question is how long is this going to take? Singleplayer is the main focus for a majority of players right now so I would assume they don't care as much to get multiplayer up to its full potential yet. A lot of players would stick around longer in my opinion if there was more to do in multiplayer. I have put in almost 100 hours in the past 6 days on Siege, but I really want more content to keep me going long term.

I think dueling and field battles is a given and TaleWorlds already knows it needs to be added. We lack a lot of content in the multiplayer department so far, so that leaves me to believe TaleWorlds still has a lot to put on the table. My only question is how long is this going to take? Singleplayer is the main focus for a majority of players right now so I would assume they don't care as much to get multiplayer up to its full potential yet. A lot of players would stick around longer in my opinion if there was more to do in multiplayer. I have put in almost 100 hours in the past 6 days on Siege, but I really want more content to keep me going long term.
Jesus Christ 100 hours... holy ****... just curious do you think attackers aren’t strong enough? I’ve noticed losing most of my attacking battles really quickly and easily winning as a defender. I feel people have been skipping over siege balance and would love if someone could tell me if they have the same problems as me

Back
Top Bottom