Resolved Archers not firing

Users who are viewing this thread

My archers are perfectly in range with enemy units and they don't even fire, I try to hold their fire and then fire at will again but nothing fixes it.

34a021f90dce75f185d8f6fea7e58355959.jpg

ye ur archers not shooting beacose when enemy spwan behind trees or hill they not see enemy. They will shoot when enemy is near 10m.

See the problem is, no matter how much foliage there is my archers can literally shoot from the spawn in some instances, it just happens randomly, as you can see there's clear line of sight for them to shoot in this instance and they're doing nothing, same with enemy ranged units.

Give them the Loose-Formation (F3) then my Archers always start shooting. In Line-Formation only my Crossbows shoot. So maybe its a problem with the space between your men.

I made a thread as well as a video about this issue as well.

I know there have been other threads but I figure I would make another thread with a video of the issue.

Due to the game being in early access and being buggy, the AI that is commanded by the player will randomly decide to not shoot the enemy unless they are nearly face to face. Unsure if this is related to the time of day or terrain, however low light does seem to affect it. Quite frustrating when half your force is ranged but they won't do anything so you lose the battle. As is obvious in the short clip (I could only record for 30 seconds) the AI would not shoot until brought point blank, I verified they were on fire at will, and when I brought them back the AI stopped shooting.

Give them the Loose-Formation (F3) then my Archers always start shooting. In Line-Formation only my Crossbows shoot. So maybe its a problem with the space between your men.

no this is not problem its bug i try every thing and they dont want to shoot

yeah keeps happening to me too. I rely heavily on my archers, so i can instantly tell when they arent firing, i keep telling them all sorts of orders to try to fix them, nothing works... :xf-mad:

I found this happens if you move them with selecting them with the key 2, then moving them around with the mouse: even though you pressed right mouse\esc\whatever it's as if they're frozen waiting for some other command. I usually walk around it by selecting another unit (typically i command the cavalry to follow me)

Hello, thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we weren't able to respond to this topic when it was first created.
Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game? Please leave a reply below.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom