Can't Upgrade Vlandian Infantry to Vlandian Light Cavalry

Users who are viewing this thread

The game is stating that I do not have a horse to upgrade Vlandian Infantry to Vlandian Light Cavalry, but I do have horses. Specifically Vlandian Coursers and Sumpter Horses. Are there specific types horses that are required or is this just a bug?

Update: I was able to upgrade them with Saddle Horses. Not sure what other types of horses would qualify.

Last edited:
The game is stating that I do not have a horse to upgrade Vlandian Infantry to Vlandian Light Cavalry, but I do have horses. Specifically Vlandian Coursers and Sumpter Horses. Are there specific types horses that are required or is this just a bug?
I think it may be a bug. Because it doesn't specify what type of horse you need so it leads me to believe that any horse will do. I know that I personally was able to upgrade an empire troop into an quite eith just a sumpter.

Sumpters don't count it seems, they're pack horses from what we've figured out so far. (Carry just as much as a mule, don't count towards upgrades.)

Now, to upgrade Battanians I could use a Battanian Pony, maybe try one of the cheaper horses?

Sumpter is just an archaic way of saying pack animal, in this case a packhorse. To upgrade to cavalry, you need better horses. This isn't apparent in the game so seems to be causing some confusion.

Upgrade Vlandian Infantry to Vlandian Light Cavalry

It works with (Tier 2 horses):
- Sturgian Trotter
- Midlands Palfrey
- Saddle Horse

It does not work with :
- Mule
- Stumper Horse

Last edited:
When you have horses in your inventory, there are horse type in the description, you need them to be war horse to upgrade cavlry unit

Hello all.. very confused guys I have a bunch of saddle horses and it's still saying that I can't upgrade it's just gray and I even have one sumter horse just to check idk what to try?

Back
Top Bottom