Is there a discount for Early Access?

Early access should be discounted

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Most games today are $60. Bannerlord is only $50. There is your 16.6% discount.
$60 is for Triple A titles, not for unfinished bugmess reskinned games. I honestly believe this Early Access should have been $30 at maximum price. Do not compare TaleWorlds with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft or anything. 8 years of development is here and it's not looking bright. This EA is probably going to take 3 to 4 years just like usual titles.

Why in the world would it be unfair to pay full price for early access? There's no logic in Taleworlds in giving a discount, we're getting 100's of hours worth of gameplay already.
In general, early access games are cheaper than full games. If the early access is consistent with the full version price, I think it is appropriate to give a discount within a few days when the early access is on sale.

$60 is for Triple A titles, not for unfinished bugmess reskinned games. I honestly believe this Early Access should have been $30 at maximum price. Do not compare TaleWorlds with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft or anything. 8 years of development is here and it's not looking bright. This EA is probably going to take 3 to 4 years just like usual titles.

i would call the police.. seems like someone forces you to buy something you don't want....:rolleyes:

Calm down lads - Just a differing opinion, we haven't got our mits on it yet. If the quality of EA is good word of mouth will quickly make others aware, if not the same thing will happen and only those who actually want to pick it up and watch it evolve need buy it. No reason so sass one another.

Pretty bad examples to pick from though, Anthem and Assassins Creed Unity were the biggest bugmesses on release to date. I hardly consider them to publish triple A titles anymore except Ubisoft did redeem themself with AC:Origins and Odyssey.

You're more then welcome to pass on the EA.

This.

Seriously, why would you want be a fanatic for a indie game developer company? Did they paid you guys or what? Don't use the internet if you can't digest different opinions. Go buy another copy if you think it's worth the money, who cares?
pretty much what I think, so I'm feeling free to not have to argue with them myself. Though, if you look closely, most of these fanatic coocoo guys are "Recruits", recently joined the community, probably flocking over from Steam Troll Land, I wouldn't pay much att if I were you, soon they'll all disappear, only more level minded people remain part of communities. I've been here since ages ago, seen this happen with the release of Viking Conquest, I'm sure it's just temporary.

But I'm in the same boat as you, I'm avoiding BL without discount indeterminately, there's a chance, as I've said time and time again since back 2015, that I won't even buy the game at all (albeit small).

pretty much what I think, so I'm feeling free to not have to argue with them myself. Though, if you look closely, most of these fanatic coocoo guys are "Recruits", recently joined the community, probably flocking over from Steam Troll Land, I wouldn't pay much att if I were you, soon they'll all disappear, only more level minded people remain part of communities. I've been here since ages ago, seen this happen with the release of Viking Conquest, I'm sure it's just temporary.

But I'm in the same boat as you, I'm avoiding BL without discount indeterminately, there's a chance, as I've said time and time again since back 2015, that I won't even buy the game at all (albeit small).
You're implying everyone with your level of forum activity is "level minded"... Interesting statement.

That aside, I do understand the expectation of a discount (obviously I would have liked a discount as well). However, I do think if the devs give us something truly worth playing the price is more than fair, regardless of whether it's done or not. If they believe their game is worth that much, then hopefully they can prove it, otherwise we'll let each other know it ain't worth ****. Steam reviews ftw!

Don't worry. I'm a reasonable consumer. Of course I'm not going to buy. I would buy 5 copies of Warband instead of this lol.
"Instead of this", a game that you haven't even played. Beta is very limited to get an idea of the game and even that has improved a lot.

You're implying everyone with your level of forum activity is "level minded"... Interesting statement.

That aside, I do understand the expectation of a discount (obviously I would have liked a discount as well). However, I do think if the devs give us something truly worth playing the price is more than fair, regardless of whether it's done or not. If they believe their game is worth that much, then hopefully they can prove it, otherwise we'll let each other know it ain't worth ****. Steam reviews ftw!
Oh, yeah, sure, except that they've messed up big time since 2016. To me they are not worthy of my support, the way this whole marketing+development was handled is just awfully wrong, and I find it disrespectful. So no, I wouldn't pay the full price not now, not ever. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt had the EA been cheap, which's not the case. It's the least they could do to make amends imo. Since nothing of the sort is going to happen, I'm content with my choice of boycotting BL until a unforeseen future.

I backed a company I'd never heard of and bought into the beta for KCD. It was over 60 bucks if I remember right and didn't regret it at all. Unless things have changed, I never found Ubisoft to be modder friendly. These folks have been from the start, not just allowing, but encouraging modders to diddle their games to their hearts content. I've got no problem with the price, myself.
Btw, where did the $50 come from? Must have missed something.

Oh, yeah, sure, except that they've messed up big time since 2016. To me they are not worthy of my support, the way this whole marketing+development was handled is just awfully wrong, and I find it disrespectful. So no, I wouldn't pay the full price not now, not ever.

Hey I didn't say I thought you were wrong for not wanting to buy it. You're entitled to do and feel whatever you want. I wouldn't be surprised if you did end up buying it full price though.

This.

Seriously, why would you want be a fanatic for a indie game developer company? Did they paid you guys or what? Don't use the internet if you can't digest different opinions. Go buy another copy if you think it's worth the money, who cares?

This has nothing to do with “a difference of opinion.” And being tired of people whinging and going out of their way to do so on the forum for a game they swear they won’t buy isn’t fanaticism.

Hey I didn't say I thought you were wrong for not wanting to buy it. You're entitled to do and feel whatever you want. I wouldn't be surprised if you did end up buying it full price though.
that's because you don't know me, when I set my mind to boycott something, it's as if it didn't exist. I've been boycotting Bethesda since 2011, Bioware since ME2, Ubisoft since AC3, boycotted KCD because the released game was not was promised through kickstarter type of donations. The list is pretty long, and old. I don't suffer from game withdraws, I care, but it changes nothing in my life if I play a certain game or not. With BL it's complicated because I've been here since the very first tease, which was nearly a decade ago (can't remember exactly). And it was promised to be released at least 3 times during all those years, and when it's finally in Beta, there's no SP beta to speak of, I received no key, seen Kinguin selling Beta Keys, seen people with multiple betakeys, then there's the announcement of EA with broken SP + a high price tag. I really do feel personally offended by all of this.

It's like when I was a kid, some other kid owned the ball, would make some sort of threat I'd tell them to shove their ball up theirs... hahaha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom