Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Users who are viewing this thread

As is traditional, this blog covers our previous major event, goes talks a bit about our experience and what we showed. This time it's E3, possibly the biggest gaming event of the year and the first time we've ever attended with our own booth. Our reveal was Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's siege gameplay, which came in the form of this trailer and the extended gameplay video below.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

Vraelomon said:
Partizan_Rusi said:
qsjuMsf.gif
Its "Of Kings and Men"

Alpha version from crew of crpg modders made axe swinging better than TW and they don't have "left strike spam". ***** please. :cool:
How is it any better than what TW has?
Blind fanboy much ? - http://i.imgur.com/Fv2lw6V.gif 
vsJKbiB.png
  :lol:
How can anything couldn't be better than warband weird crap.
Secondly this OKAM animation prevents left strike spam that plagues M&B for many years and still unfixed.

http://i.imgur.com/kVENJAX.gifv

Varrak said:
But you forgot to put Bannerlord's axe swing gif :grin:
Warband, not Bannerlord and TW didn't show us anything good with axes at all. So you can guess how bad it is.

Partizan_Rusi said:
Blind fanboy much ?
Uh, no  :lol:
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing in this first gif you posted, other than the fact that a bandit is apparently magically appearing on front of the player, and then he's promptly killed.
The second gif contains way too much left spam, which I think is a stupid decision considering that the player could be doing way more damage if he were upswinging, as his sword wouldn't be constantly bouncing off the wall (with sparks!)
I'm still not sure how the OKAM animation is going to do anything to prevent left spam, unless it were used specifically after left attacks, which as I mentioned earlier would be pretty great. I haven't been following OKAM, so you probably know more about it than I do  :razz:
Finally, if you want to counter left spam, use your right mouse button. I really hope the AI in Bannerlord will be capable of doing so.

Partizan_Rusi said:
qsjuMsf.gif
Its "Of Kings and Men"

Alpha version from crew of crpg modders made axe swinging better than TW and they don't have "left strike spam". ***** please. :cool:

Partizan_Rusi said:
Blind fanboy much ? - http://i.imgur.com/Fv2lw6V.gif 
vsJKbiB.png
  :lol:

upj_t.png

Love how the axe magically slides into the secondary position without the guy moving his hand or arms. You'd think that the momentum from his first swing would act opposite to that, but not in fantasy land. Also interesting how the victim staggers backward in completely the wrong direction after the second blow.

I took the opportunity to invest in OKaM when the chance first arose back in 2013 and while it's not perfect, I'm very happy with the team's progress and I think they're really coming into their own after a couple of big changes in direction. They finally seem to be making the game that they wanted to make to begin with. I anticipate that it will be well worth playing as a different experience from M&B and obviously wish the team a lot of hard earned success.

I still love M&B though and have a lot of confidence in TaleWorlds. From my perspective as a fan of both projects, you look like the blind fanboy, ignoring some great work by TW. It sounds like you don't even understand what you're seeing. :smile:

Left spam is a completely valid and counterable tactic.... If some **** is constantly hiding behind his shield Im going to hammer it down with left spam. And you can easily outmaneuver it with decent footwork.

Left spam is all about the momentum, interrupt that and they're in trouble.

I wonder what that "distant lands" comment means. Perhaps we can expect to see lands other than the calradian peninsular at some point. That would mean naval travel, which would be really cool.

DanAngleland said:
I think it just means the companions can be from anywhere in Calradia. Aserai lands are distant from Vlandian and Sturgian lands, for example.

or have a background from anywhere in the know world. VC, as a example, has a greek companion

I'm suprised no one has mentioned how the player is riding a horse in a siege... That's new. Will cavalry units of the attacking side also be able to have horses? We know Stturgia is an infantry based faction, so perhaps the developers cleverly chose them on purpose.
Of course, cavalry had little use in sieges, so it is not important. I imagine it's only the commander who gets a horse, for mobility to survey the battlefield.

AleksGorecki said:
Of course, cavalry had little use in sieges, so it is not important. I imagine it's only the commander who gets a horse, for mobility to survey the battlefield.

Or the defender can sally out to attack the siege weapons, like we see in movies  :twisted:

also, could we have an option to have the villagers stay inside when defending against a raid? I'd rather have 20 additional knights instead of 50 useless pieces of cannon fodder.

kalarhan said:
AleksGorecki said:

Or the defender can sally out to attack the siege weapons, like we see in movies  :twisted:

That could be interesting. But I imagine it won't be implemented.

I dont know if devs read this section, but i will do some sugestions.  First of all, sorry my bad english. I talk spanish.

My ideas are for the body to body combat.
We have Swords, fencing and mace type weapons (Also arrows and artillery now)

Idea:  If one character gets a deep cut in the left leg (example) he cant run, and walk with some difficulties.  If the injury is on the arm, this will slow your attack or defense, depends on what hand u carry shield or weapon, or 2 handed weapon. 

If a fencing weapon, or penetrating injury hit u on liver, lumbs, stomach... U can slowly die of bleeding depending on the severity of the injurie. 

And a blunt weapon can crush bones.... 

I know this ll  maybe cause extreme difficulty to the player, but realism will be a great add to the full game.  (Maybe we can adjust this in difficult options?)

And please, include dismemberment!!  A lot of sharp blades and artillery needs to have some dismemberment  (Maybe a gore adjust like in vikings) 

Thanks! And im waiting this game with much joy

Mostly everything I came up with watching the E3 video have been answered in the devblog post. Amazing work.

I reiterate my interest in a "sort of easy to add" suggestion I made in the Privy Council: this one right here should you be interested in reading it further, support and critiques are ALWAYS welcome - Exporting the current world and characters (start a new Char on current world).

Apart from that, I would just love some clear statements on the physics-based clothing, like the one on the main menu, with that awesome cloak and the banner. I am aware that banners themselvs will be just part of the scenario, but did you actually make in-game clothes that move with the wind and what not? If so, could they be worn by the commanding officers? Like the player and the leaders' AI? This is very much resource intensive, yes, but it's such a nice thing... If not, can they be added via mods or DLC eventually?

Excellent devblog. Keep up the excellent work! And I do hope you at least read our posts. If possible, answer some of them.

Partizan_Rusi said:
Warband, not Bannerlord and TW didn't show us anything good with axes at all. So you can guess how bad it is.

What the, dude you comparised that game's axe swing with Bannerlord's axe swing without putting Bannerlord's axe swing gif, but now you are saying "warband", yet you are still insist that Bannerlord's axe swing is bad just because they didnt show that yet, wtf haha :grin: in your logic Diplomacy system of the game is bad as well because they didn't show it  :mrgreen:

You don't seem like you are making fair comparision, but trying to deface Bannerlord without any logical basement :smile:

Back
Top Bottom