Historical

Users who are viewing this thread

he's saying your evil. And to be honest, I wouldn't agree at all. Its the whole 'realism verses fun' argument. And although I do like a degree of realism in my games, it sucks if so much effort is put into that, all the fun is taken out.

I think a mod that based on history must be historically accurate.
For example: When you playing rome total war, you see a gothic knight with plate armour in greek army, is it funny? I say no, it is preposterous.

i agree to an extent, but well A) he's basing it off a book.

and B) whats the point in historical accuracy if it takes away from gameplay ect..

I mean, look at Ireland, if you want to be historically accurate about it, there should be hundreds of tiny little monarchies all over it controlling random towns, but that would make game play suck (and probally cause lag). And that's probably a bigger problem than the Romans having bloody chain mittens -.-

tigershark said:

and B) whats the point in historical accuracy if it takes away from gameplay ect..

I mean, look at Ireland, if you want to be historically accurate about it, there should be hundreds of tiny little monarchies all over it controlling random towns, but that would make game play suck (and probally cause lag). And that's probably a bigger problem than the Romans having bloody chain mittens -.-

Thank you, not to mention it's not even finished.

This mod is great, and if you can't live with Lorica Segmentata's in this time... screw you and go play another mod.. who cares about  Lorica Segmentata's, they look cool and... it's based of a book. And secondly... if i saw a gothic knight in a greek army, I would actually laugh. And historical corectness more important then fun? Then no game should be good for you... ( I don't agree with you)

tigershark said:

Chain mittens, iron gloves, Great sword,...
Please do nt fallacy.

martijntjeeh said:
This mod is great, and if you can't live with Lorica Segmentata's in this time... screw you and go play another mod.. who cares about  Lorica Segmentata's, they look cool and... it's based of a book. And secondly... if i saw a gothic knight in a greek army, I would actually laugh. And historical corectness more important then fun? Then no game should be good for you... ( I don't agree with you)

I can nt play this mod because That map do nt work(camera stopped).
And yes about games, I just play Total war series and M&B, another games not good for me :smile:.

What you don't seem to understand is that things like mail mittens, the segmentata, and the great swords is that they're stand ins for other weapons and armors.  The segmentata represents a different style of banded armor in the Roman army.  The gauntlets and mittens represent other styles of hand protection, same with the swords.  The weapons I need simply do not exist in the M&B modding community, so I can't use them.

No.
Galloglas would be without swords, and Imperial German Bodyguard and that other roman unit would be without armor.

Dudro said:
No.
Galloglas would be without swords, and Imperial German Bodyguard and that other roman unit would be without armor.

Are you plan replace these with accurate items in next version or a patch?

ronin44 said:
Dudro said:
No.

Are you plan replace these with accurate items in next version or a patch?
Are you plan to stop bugging him to do impossible deeds that don't affect gameplay in any positive fashion?

Well it is in a positive way... but yea... it's just really hard for him to do all those things I mean  hes working on it alone and hes done a good job. And hes really helpful if you can't manage to do something  :smile:

oh yeah, if you ever want any help, I'm bored  at the moment and would be willing to learn to try do something, try my hand at it so to speak, since I've always loved this time period :razz: keep up the good work man, this tied with 'eagle and the radiant cross' are my favourite mods

Back
Top Bottom