New Ranking System in place (Gone down a rank? Look here to find out why)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, Ruth was a GMK (I think), but then he asked an admin to reset his postcount. So yes, he was a Regular I believe when this new system was implemented.

Yeah its a good system so far, I was looking on the other thread at the before and after user numbers and it was pretty close. I think either this thread or the one in the Web & Community Board should be stickyed (stickied?), or both.

Lord Burgess1 said:
Ruthven you yourself called people spammy bastards

yet you have gone from a gmk to a SKA
Either I'm joking or I never said that.

Me and Merc (and, once upon a time, CB) have some of the highest posts-per-day in the whole forum, I'd reckon.

But 1000 of those posts are in our sub-boards, so we have excuses.

The rest of ye can go suck a fat one.

Also, I went from GMK to Recruit to Regular to Sergeant Knight at Arms, the most awesome rank in the forum.

Ah, so it turns out I'm not far from being a GMK. Just looked back at my profile and in a month I'll hit the three year mark, doesn't seem long ago when I made my first post, releasing some crappy mod that changed **** all.

Go on my profile and look for my first post, I fell into the trap of promising a lot but not delivering anything. At least I wasn't asking for other people to do it for me.

I just jumped three ranks from regular to Sergeant at Arms. I guess I lurk much longer than I post  :grin:

I saw somewhere they changed the ranks and thought, "Well, then I'd probably go up in rank."

I was perfectly happy being a veteran or regular (or whatever I was), only because I didn't feel like posting dozens of "cooool  :grin: :grin: :smile: :shock:" and "this is awwwsummme!!".  I tried to speak up only when I thought something was worth saying. 

So this system pushed me up a bit in rank, to which I say "cheers". 

argh said:
Wouldn't someone with a high post-count almost automatically be online a lot?
Not necessarily. Going with the 20 second intervals you need between posts, and counting the 15-minute time counter, somebody could make 45 posts in almost 15 minutes, depending how long it takes to write the post.

Back
Top Bottom