Poll: Your favorite faction

What faction takes the greatest role in your army (recruits)?

• Nords

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • Swadians

Votes: 54 41.5%
  • Khergits

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Vaegirs

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • Rhodoks

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yatagan

Recruit
Just woundering, eventually we all have to focus on one or two factions as
all the rest are at war with us, which leave us with limited soldiers types.
So from which faction are your preffared recruits?

I voted for the Swadians cause they remember me to the Teutonic Order knights. The most famous medieval order in my country. And I liked them myself.  :grin:

Khergit!

They are the main troop for me, I know it is unusual, but the horse arches just pwn the **** out of ppl.

I use a mix of Khergit and Nord troops, like, Nord Infantry in the line, charging up or holding ground for taking the charge, while me and the horse archers attack the enemy flanks or rear, and fall back when they get close.

I works quite well, like, having 20 men disavantage and winning with 5-6 casualties,  most ppl wounded, most od them Nords, the Khergits only take like 1-2 kills in battles.

I must say i have a especial love for horse archers, so all I said is imparcial  :razz:.

My first offer of vassalage was from the Vaegirs Rus.... but I just couldn't accept it. The name and title: Grand Prince Yaroglek?!

Yaroglek sounds like some kind pond dwelling creature... <.< First faction I joined this time was the Swadian Order... but I definitely want to try the Norsemen or Rhodocks next game.

So I don't think I've played enough yet to name a favorite.

Khergit and Swadians is a hard decision but probably Swadians. Khergits vet horse archers are freakin surgical with a bow on a horse  :grin:. But Swadian Knights are tough as nails especially if you find your self on the ground and they have polearms :/

You can tell from my avatar that I am stepped nomad at heart :grin:. When I first began playing I always played as a nord. With heavy chain mails, 2h axes and shield and axe. But ever then I played a horse archer and loved it. I would carry a khergit bow and 3 quivers of arrows, with a champion courser I would circle enemy formations never getting tagged with an arrow. And for sieges I had a longbow. Now I am playing a nomad with jarids (throwing) and one handed sabre (this build is much more seige friendly as my past one had no way of getting in man-to-man at the walls. I love playing Khergits so far, the armies cover a lot of ground really fast, but I still always keep nords as infantry, those huscarls are freaking meat grinders.

i hold on swadian beacuse they have in nativ the most powerful cavalry and i like to win quick with small loses, i use to crush rohok :twisted: becuse they are the weakest threw my oppinion :!:

Khergit, because there's nothing quite like hurtling across the plains (especially with GE 2.5 and RCM) rhythmically bring death with every arrow, lance strike or saber slash. There's a dizzying sense of freedom playing Khergit.

For infantry/archers I would say Rhodok, because of the good mix of spear, shield and bow in the regular, more expendable troops. If you want something harder hitting there's either the Noble or it's easy to recruit a few troops from another faction to fill that role. No point feeding good meat into the grinder.

VAEGIRS cos i'm Bulgarian and i feel they something like russians or something of this sort  but they are most close to the traditions of my country than the others and i feel them like brothers  :grin: :smile:

Back
Top Bottom