Different Attacking and Blocking Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

(:) Dvd (:)

Regular
So, I loaded up Mount & Blade, tried the new combat style, and now have something to say:

I don't like it at all.

I have a better suggestion.

To attack you click and hold LMB. Your guy/gal pulls the sword/axe/whatchajig into the "ready position". From that position you can:

A.) Stop
B.) Switch to Defense
C.) Continue Attack

In order to stop just stop holding LMB. In order to switch to Defense hold down RMB and let of LMB.

To continue the attack move the mouse up, down, left, or right.

This places you in the "attack" position. From that position you can:

A.) Continue Attack
B.) Switch Attack Style
C.) Stop

To continue attack let go of LMB and your guy/gal will swing the sword/axe/whatchamajig. To switch attack style continue holding down LMB and move your mouse left, right, up, or down again and you will be placed in a different "attack" position.

To stop right click.

The attack positions are:

Up: Chop
Down: Thrust
Left: Left Swing
Right: Right Swing

Now, blocking is different. There are two ways to block:
1.) With a weapon.
2.) With a shield.

1.) Hold down RMB (this places you in Defensive Mode) and move the mouse left, right up, or down. That will place you in a defensive position. Hold that position until the enemies' blade has richochet off your blade and then let go of RMB. You can also switch to Attack Style from Defensive Mode as long as you have not taken a defensive position.

2.) Hold down RMB (this places you in Defensive Mode) and move the mouse anywhere. Your shield will travel across the screen according to your mouse. Simply position your shield in a way that it blocks the arrows or blades that are coming your way. Once you are in Defensive Position with a shield you must stop Defense before you can switch to Attack Style.

Defensive Positions:

Up: Anti-Chop
Down: Anti-Thrust
Left: Anti-Left Swing
Right: Anti-Right Swing

I believe that this way of attack and defense is far easier to use and much better.

-Dvd

Back
Top Bottom