Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys im not puting preasure on use to use my idea's i just posted it cause i rekon it would improve the game for me and the other telera gaming people, but if you got uni, scro working on 3.0 and finish school cause god knows how long this is gonna stay popular for exspiecly with the M&B multi comin out

Nikola said:
Guys im not puting preasure on use to use my idea's i just posted it cause i rekon it would improve the game for me and the other telera gaming people, but if you got uni, scro working on 3.0 and finish school cause god knows how long this is gonna stay popular for exspiecly with the M&B multi comin out

They dun mean that, It's that ur suggestions are more like 'things to improve on' rather than a real suggestion. Therefore i understand why the rest of the team was a bit pissed.

I was pissed the first time i read ur post as well, but a few reads later i understood it was not ur points but ur english usage that triggered their anger.
M&B multi hasn't have a confirmed release date yet ( i think ) and according to our armagan, it's modding friendly. So we might juz see talera on multiplayer as well.

That's fine, Kardio. I still disagree, but I guess I'm just more of a "power" player. I'm not someone who gets all excited just because an item looks different and is new. I get excited when that item is stronger and hard to use. I'm not someone (and I don't think that most people are) who severely downgrades myself just to roleplay.

Since you're the one actually programming it all, then I suppose that it is your prerogative to make it how you like it. I will say no more  :wink:

Fair enough.

As a final word, RP is not the exclusive reason why items are the way they are, so please don't get me wrong.  The way that Mount & Blade computes the impact of armor versus damage types, high armor negates cutting damage very heavily.  This makes factions that rely on it, like the Feron, suffer when facing opponents with a high amount of armor.  At the same time, factions like Asaleth, relying on piercing lances and blunt maces (blunt penetrates armor to do greater damage then either piercing or cutting), have a much easier time of fighting opponents with a large amount of armor.  This creates an imbalance unless cutting damage is increased and armor is reduced, which I had attempted to do.  I neglected to touch the native gear though.

Basically as armor value increases, the gap between the damage that is delivered to the armor and what actually gets taken increases by a higher margin when comparing blunt/pierce versus cutting, even to the point of negating almost all of the damage.  In order to keep the Feron competitive and deadly, as they should be, all faction armors had their armors adjusted.  The Illoriaon lords have the highest armor added to Talera and it is still I think low 50s, which is what most players expect to have in Native. 

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Nikola said:

They dun mean that, It's that ur suggestions are more like 'things to improve on' rather than a real suggestion. Therefore i understand why the rest of the team was a bit pissed.

I was pissed the first time i read ur post as well, but a few reads later i understood it was not ur points but ur english usage that triggered their anger.
M&B multi hasn't have a confirmed release date yet ( i think ) and according to our armagan, it's modding friendly. So we might juz see talera on multiplayer as well.
Wow.. you can understand him?

*Dubs thee official forum translator*

But yeah... if the multiplayer is mod friendly enough for like a co-op thing for talera I might go insane..

But I kinda doubt it will be...

Even if it isn't, we alllllll want to kick kardios ass in multiplayer.....right...?

Nope, it'll be compatible. That's almost certain.

Even if it just means playing with unique items, we'll find a way.

Kardiophylax said:
Ha, I bet you would.  I spend so much time designing and watching, my skills are probably a bit rusty!

Same here. I spend a couple minutes in battle checking the balance, then cheat to kill the rest and leave.

And I play on the easiest of settings...

Meh, I play with average AI and fast battle speed, but their hits and stuff are ganked.. I've been thinking about raising their damage actually...

I can't wait for a co-op mode of M&B.. when someone makes that mod or the devs surprise us by actually adding it... Man..

Cus I mean.. if someone can make a co-op multiplayer for a game like oblivion and have it run well, mount and blade should be a walk in the park...

You can change the way that armor affects weapons, can't you? I'm 99% certain that I saw something to that extent in module.ini.

Correct you are.

You can also change the text the chars say in another file.. That's funny sometimes..

Heheh..

Now I can make all the ferons sound retarded. Oh joy..!  :grin:

Khandrak said:
Nikola said:
So basically, "just make everything better."

Sorry that you think my Feron armor looks like crap. Feel free to model your own armor, texture it, rig it, and then maybe we'll use it in game if it's up to snuff, but somehow I doubt that it would be.

"improve the armours" and "make better weps" - Right, very helpful. Thanks for that advice.

Before you ask others not to flame you, consider what you are writing and how others will perceive your own words.

im just sharing my thoughts on how to help, sorry if i dont got the experience to edit the thing myself and as far as the flaming goes its sound like your the only one flaming

What I, and probably everyone else working on this project, appreciate are constructive posts. Coming in here, listing all of the things that you don't like, and saying that we need to make them better is not helpful. It's not your thoughts on how to help, it's your list of things you want us to do. Being friendly and not simply bashing our work is a good approach considering that we're the ones actually doing the work, not you.

as far as the flaming goes its sound like your the only one flaming
Right, so basically it's "I know you are, but what am I." Nice.

Nikola said:
Khandrak said:
Nikola said:
So basically, "just make everything better."

Sorry that you think my Feron armor looks like crap. Feel free to model your own armor, texture it, rig it, and then maybe we'll use it in game if it's up to snuff, but somehow I doubt that it would be.

"improve the armours" and "make better weps" - Right, very helpful. Thanks for that advice.

Before you ask others not to flame you, consider what you are writing and how others will perceive your own words.

im just sharing my thoughts on how to help, sorry if i dont got the experience to edit the thing myself and as far as the flaming goes its sound like your the only one flaming

Ur really asking for it, ain't u? Being tolerant to a person once, I'm being kind. Twice and I would be an idiot to repeat myself

Nikola,

The only thing they want to point is the fact they appreciate to receive constructive criticism. I know it can be a bit difficult if you don't have a good English vocubalary, it ain't my first language either. But there are some small improvement you can make to your posts to already enhance their content.

There is a big difference between:

"Make better armour and weapons."

And:

"I think you can improve the looks of the armour by adding a somewhat darker metal-like colour to the pauldrons. Also the weapons could use a longer handle as to make them look a bit more realistic."

Even a cabbage could see the difference between the two. The first one sounds pretty much like a demand instead of a suggestion, as where the second one not only makes it a suggestion, but you also say how you think the goal of the suggestion may be reached. Hence we call it constructive. Though we love the Feron's in game, we'd like to urge everyone to stay above their level on the forums. :wink:

More monsters (Trolls, ogres, deformed humans and what not), some might travel in packs, others alone, they'd be pretty rare find on the map. Maybe there would be quests for hunting them down, like a guild or something. They might drop some sort of unique item that you could sell/give to someone for some kind of a benefit, maybe if you bring them enough you'd get some kind of armor, weapon, or horse. They'd be very strong of course.

I know creating things like that is hard because you can't create new skeletons, but humans and horses could still create a fairly wide set of strange creatures to kill.

And more bandit types, I can't stress enough that half of Mount&blade (while you're leveling mostly, sometimes after getting a very strong character one of the funnest things to do is see how many bandits you can kill alone ) is skirmishing with them! And killing the same ones over and over gets a little stale. I don't know about anyone else, but one of the good signs of a mod to me is the creativity in the things you get to kill.

BloodskullMannoroth said:
More monsters (Trolls, ogres, deformed humans and what not), some might travel in packs, others alone, they'd be pretty rare find on the map. Maybe there would be quests for hunting them down, like a guild or something. They might drop some sort of unique item that you could sell/give to someone for some kind of a benefit, maybe if you bring them enough you'd get some kind of armor, weapon, or horse. They'd be very strong of course.

I know creating things like that is hard because you can't create new skeletons, but humans and horses could still create a fairly wide set of strange creatures to kill.

I agree. The quests that spawn of some ogres and stuff would be kewl.

I mean, Minotaurs or ogres wouldn't be hard.. just add some horns and custom textures... yeah..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also the sword you get from the arlen guy seems OP for not having to do anything but give 300 denars to get it..

And I am using it and I'm in the blighted plague, so I am guessing you can "misuse" it's power and not be penalized? Kinda weird since the guy makes you swear you will use it for good...

You guys have a knack for finding the Version 1 items.  :smile:

They weren't balanced compared to the version 2 items, that's my fault.  I should have looked better for them, but I wasn't sure of where they all were.

Monsters, yeah, great idea, but our modelers and our scripters are completely busy with the original factions and the war at hand.  Some day down the road perhaps, or if we have some new modelers who could also rig to work on it.  So, I think you just volunteered Bloodskull.  Go for it, can't wait to see your model work!    :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom