Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team is going to do all that in time, just wait. Seriously, you think that they don't want to do all that stuff? Everyone wants their own ideas to appear in the mod, that's why they're all so busy.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
err... right now half the team is quite busy with both real life and some other problems, so pls bear with us.

Very true.  There is no ETA for version 3 right now.  Work is proceeding slowly but steadily...

Nikola said:
So basically, "just make everything better."

Sorry that you think my Feron armor looks like crap. Feel free to model your own armor, texture it, rig it, and then maybe we'll use it in game if it's up to snuff, but somehow I doubt that it would be.

"improve the armours" and "make better weps" - Right, very helpful. Thanks for that advice.

Before you ask others not to flame you, consider what you are writing and how others will perceive your own words.

Personally I think the armor on this is way better than say...the Sword of Damocles, where the armours are shiny beyond belief. Sure, the Death's Hand axe looks a bit artificial, but lets be honest, most weapons in the original game do. I just love the little bits of immersion, like the 'sick sense of satisfaction' when you kill the King and take Elsgard's Bane. For my ruthless Feron character, it seemed the reasonable thing to do. I can't wait for some quest lines for the other factions. I just want to know why in the tournaments the Feron Chiefs' faces look a bit...grey and mangled, but still human.

Sayle said:
Personally I think the armor on this is way better than say...the Sword of Damocles, where the armours are shiny beyond belief. Sure, the Death's Hand axe looks a bit artificial, but lets be honest, most weapons in the original game do. I just love the little bits of immersion, like the 'sick sense of satisfaction' when you kill the King and take Elsgard's Bane. For my ruthless Feron character, it seemed the reasonable thing to do. I can't wait for some quest lines for the other factions. I just want to know why in the tournaments the Feron Chiefs' faces look a bit...grey and mangled, but still human.

Sounds like helmets are being overridden in tournaments.  I'll have to look at the code. Thanks for the tip.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
err... right now half the team is quite busy with both real life and some other problems, so pls bear with us.

Agreed. I'm still sick, only know I'm missing school too...

Sayle said:
I just want to know why in the tournaments the Feron Chiefs' faces look a bit...grey and mangled, but still human.

It also happens in feron troopies' faces during training sessions. Their faces are grey and ugly :wink:

Hi again

Now I recall their grey faces seems the same faces some BP soldiers have (I'm at work and don't remember its exacts names, but they come with shield/spear and sword/shieldsword iirc, and have those terrific rotten and grey faces).

Alright, I think I know why. Training/tournaments strip soldiers down to nothing but a staff... obviously removing any armour or helmets (in this case, heads).

This could be bad :smile:.

:grin:

Hopefully this will be easy to find in the mission_templates.py file.  Should just be a matter of removing an af_override_helmet line from the code for tournaments/arena fights.  Competitors may be wearing helmets and no shirts though, but oh well, shouldn't be too bad. 

Once I finish up on the new combat mechanics I'll go back to the Illoriaon quest line and then move on to other features I have planned.  Right now with my limited time I've been just working out the new combat stuff.  I still need to get it setup so the AI will use most of these abilities against the player as well.

Could you find a way to make the huge swords and axes like deaths hand not show up on the back of the character?

I mean.. 3rd person archery is kinda impossible with that huge wupass axe on your back... lol..

Of course.. I understand a feature like that may be hardcoded into the game, which is fine. But it sure would make it easier to pick off those stupid illorians on their horses..

Darkstar707 said:
Could you find a way to make the huge swords and axes like deaths hand not show up on the back of the character?

I mean.. 3rd person archery is kinda impossible with that huge wupass axe on your back... lol..

Of course.. I understand a feature like that may be hardcoded into the game, which is fine. But it sure would make it easier to pick off those stupid illorians on their horses..

Hmm, I might be able to change it to hang on the side like a smaller sword, not sure how it would look though.  You could also try cycling through to another weapon so that one disappears when using the bow.  Maybe change the order of the items in your equipment slot?

Well I have four slots and it goes from top to bottom

Arrows
Arrows
Bow
Deaths hand..

Your idea would also work.. Its just I like having the like 64 arrows.. also it would slow you down with the added weight of another sword, unless it was a dagger.

See the reason I don't like changing it is because in Sieges I just pick off the archers, so I need many many arrows. And I always forget (<--It annoys me endlessly that I do) to change my weapons inv. before I go in a siege lol.. I doubt it would look worse at the side than the bow/crossbow look like when they clip my helmets and go straight through em......

Really, its just more personally preference here than actual need. However, I feel I am nitpicking here so I'll just do your idea lol..

I just use 1st person mode if I have death's hand, heh

random thought of the day:  Feron Tier gear is neat.  However, it is pointless to buy it if you can farm Crusaders of the Dawn for gear, and everyone can, since nothing but the highest tier armor is better than what you can get off of them - and that isn't by much.  Just pointing that out!

I agree that the Feron faction items should be rebalanced. Some of the items are of worse quality than you might already have, and yet they will cost you 5000 (or more). It just doesn't seem to match up to me. I generally only bother buying the glaives and the last tier of armor just for the body armor piece. The first throwing axes do the same damage as normal ones and yet cost 10-20x more. All that you get is an extra axe or two.

Trying to match a theoretical ideal of what item stats should be in comparison to their native counterparts is great, but it only goes so far when it makes purchasing the new items irrelevant. Of course that is just my opinion, but I thought that I would throw it out there :wink:

Edit: Here's my thought - how about adding steep stat requirements for the higher tier items. That way you could make the lowest tier items be of comparable quality to top tier native items, and not require anything special of you. But then the top tier of armor could be a good deal better than anything you could normally acquire, but require 18 str (or more - whatever). That way you have to be strategic with stat allocation as well. If you want to use these high quality unlockables, then you're going to have to pump your strength up. Otherwise, you can just use the lower tiers. This would encourage player use of all faction items.

I have addressed this in the past.  My solution will be to rebalance native items.  The Crusaders of the Dawn WILL be weakened or at least their LOOTABLE equipment will be.  In addition native plate mail will not exist.  Native weapon damages will be adjusted down.  Native armor will offer less reduction and in the case of heavy armor be heavier for non-faction gear, making you move slower.  They don't have the same quality of metals the Illoriaon's do.  Any remnants of Calradia will be slowly deleted from the game.  Once this is complete, faction items WILL be the ideal solution. 

If anyone wants more detail about why I feel this way, I will happily supply it.  At a core level, I expect the player to roleplay AND sacrifice utility for immersion if they plan to do so.  If the player prefers to power game, then as of right now they can slap on that plate mail instead of that Feron suit.  I'm not stopping them.  Eventually expect that plate to be of reduced quality though.  I am not catering to the powergamer who demands that their gear be the best.  The armory gear is really there more as an aside so people have the option.  Only artifacts are something I deem to be above normal quality.

NukularPower said:
random thought of the day:  Feron Tier gear is neat.  However, it is pointless to buy it if you can farm Crusaders of the Dawn for gear, and everyone can, since nothing but the highest tier armor is better than what you can get off of them - and that isn't by much.  Just pointing that out!

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Want to use that overpowered Crusader gear (which I am nerfing btw), go for it.  You should know Warchief Krug considers you a sissy though.  Sell your horse or at least dismount from it, slap on their gear, grab their throwing axes, and go impale your blade into some people!

FYI,
The Feron throwing axes have a faster projectile speed and higher quantity then in native.  Money is pretty easy to come by, so the price difference is negligible.  I have also already added increased versions of faction gear for the player to wear and don't want to change this any further.

Native Throwing Axe - ammo 7, speed 20
Feron Tribal Axes (beginner, used by lower tier troops) -  ammo 9, speed 23
Feron Elite throwing Axes - ammo 15, speed 33

All I have to say, is that you don't need armor, when you are a Feron with a shortened military scythe. (Or that two hander sword given to you by the hire able NPC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom