Can we play as Bandits finally?

Users who are viewing this thread

And actually be bad guys? If so, how in depth will it be? Do you start off as a Bandit in a hideout on the map for example and build it and yourself up as being a notorious outlaw? And can you recruit other Bandits and sea Raiders etc ?

Probably not as the bandit faction, but you have all the new back alley gang things for extortion and there's raiding etc etc  so you can play as a evil character.

As of now, no. At least not in the fully fleshed way you're describing.

To add to what others have said... You can become infamous and have lords trying to catch you and execute you. And you can technically recruit bandits, but it's done by catching bandit parties and having enough of an advantage that they offer to join you.

My dream is that you will be able to barter with any party at any time to do stuff like that. When I saw it happen in a video, the barter screen only once came up when the player was offering money for them to leave her alone.

Don't you have a criminal npc in vilages and cities too?

Anyway as you rise to power you will become the law and have your own Kingdom.

vicwiz007 said:
As of now, no. At least not in the fully fleshed way you're describing.

To add to what others have said... You can become infamous and have lords trying to catch you and execute you. And you can technically recruit bandits, but it's done by catching bandit parties and having enough of an advantage that they offer to join you.

My dream is that you will be able to barter with any party at any time to do stuff like that. When I saw it happen in a video, the barter screen only once came up when the player was offering money for them to leave her alone.

There's also a perk that lets you recruit bandit parties instead of fighting them. Seems likely you could do it. You would probably need to retain relations with one faction though to sell your ill gotten gains.

There is indeed a perk to recruit bandit parties, but it's level 260 of Roguery at the moment.
"Merry Men
(Personal) You are able to recruit bandits to your party instead of slaying them."

With such a high level, not something you'll really be doing much of as far as I can see.
We don't have much info on the criminal elements of towns, as far as I remember and know. I think at one point they've mentioned being able to take over the criminal element of a town and make money that way, so hopefully that stuff is kept in. Be very interesting to be a kingpin of a mob infiltrating every faction.

Looters and bandit parties don't attack each other - they seem to all be on the same "team".

The player can't join this team, as far as I'm aware - they will always be treated as the enemy of the player's party.

That's a bit of a shame, I think.

Wasn't there an Aserai minor faction that's basically just mafia with banditry? Perhaps you can do quests for them?

That being said, being able to have your own hideout and maybe rise through some secret internal criminal hierarchy could be tons on fun.

Oxtocoatl said:
Wasn't there an Aserai minor faction that's basically just mafia with banditry? Perhaps you can do quests for them?

That being said, being able to have your own hideout and maybe rise through some secret internal criminal hierarchy could be tons on fun.
Like in PoP : https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Hideout

Back
Top Bottom