[MODDING] Prophesy of Pendor Tweaks and Talk

Users who are viewing this thread

Gorvex said:
Hey there folks!

In case you didn't see it yet, here's an unofficial addon for Prophesy of Pendor v3.9.4 (hotfix patch #3) that I compiled and uploaded recently: https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6315. It contains various new rune items, added to the mines of Al-Aziz for purchase: daggers, bastard swords, two-handed axes, hammers, lances, spears, throwing spears/knives/dirks, crossbows, bolts, arrows, shields, horse armors (with horse), and multiple sets of rune plates.

Many weapon and armor types are missing from the selection of the mines of Al-Aziz. With this unofficial addon, that will be no longer the case! The items are set to have different capabilites as well beside having different stats. The stats are adjusted in a balance that I find appealing. If you don't like it, feel free to change them via Morgh's Editor. Note however that weapon reaches are matching the length of models, so it's not advised to change these if you want them to behave as expected.

List of added items:
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Dagger
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Bastard Sword
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Two-handed Axe
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Hammer
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Lance
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Spear
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Throwing Spears
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Throwing Daggers
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Throwing Dirks
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Crossbow
- Sharpshooter Bolts
- Sentinel Arrows
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Shield
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Horse
- Silver Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Ebony Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Bronze Ruby Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Azure Sapphire Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Viridian Emerald Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Amethyst / Amber / Jade Rune Plate (with Cape)

Stats on the Tweaks page of the Wikia (currently as tweak 18 b): https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks

Extras:
- The prices for upgrading rune equipment are reduced by eliminating the cost of Large Pouch of Diamonds. Somewhat as they were prior to v3.9.
- Clarissa of Pent can sew capes for or take them off from the different new Rune Plates
- Aeldarian and Ithilrandir will have an Ebony and Silver Rune Plate respectively instead of Mystical Rune Plates, which can likewise be taken from them. These can be upgraded into much stronger versions than the original Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald Rune Plates
- Mystical Rune Plates are now available for purchase from Hamidaron (at the mines of Al-Aziz)
- Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald Rune Plates can be upgraded further to Azure, Bronze and Viridian variants respectively, for a cost of a Large Pouch of Diamonds and a jar of Wine for each (as usual). These will have the same stats compared to each other, so that at least stats won't have to be evaluated beside aesthetics.

Screenshots, installation guide and credits on the above linked Nexus page. Check it out if you are interested!

Enjoy! :smile:

Rather interesting. There are few things though...some of the items could really use balancing, they're IMO way too OP now.
I mean, yeah, the whole purpose is, I suppose, to turn player OP for the late game, but it's way too much. I'd prefer if it would stay as alternatives to current rune gear, rather than a new level of OPness.

The biggest issue are, IMO, arrows and bolts, due to their sheer quantity. I'd reduce those to 50 ammo each and 15/30 damage respectively, that's still a lot more than their regular counterparts. It'll also make throwing weapons more viable...essentially making them about half quantity, lower range alternative that takes up only one slot. Though they could use some missile speed reduction, right now they outpace many bows, and make some of what makes throwing weapons fun and challenging disappear (low missile speed).
Edit here: I'd also reduce the requirements of throwing weapons a bit, so they're more accurate without perfect throwing skill.

Horses are a little too much too. Especially sapphire, I'd cut its speed down to 55 and maneuverability to 45. It would still be by miles best HA horse. Rest might get a bit of speed reduction too.

Sarin said:
Rather interesting. There are few things though...some of the items could really use balancing, they're IMO way too OP now.
I mean, yeah, the whole purpose is, I suppose, to turn player OP for the late game, but it's way too much. I'd prefer if it would stay as alternatives to current rune gear, rather than a new level of OPness.

The biggest issue are, IMO, arrows and bolts, due to their sheer quantity. I'd reduce those to 50 ammo each and 15/30 damage respectively, that's still a lot more than their regular counterparts. It'll also make throwing weapons more viable...essentially making them about half quantity, lower range alternative that takes up only one slot. Though they could use some missile speed reduction, right now they outpace many bows, and make some of what makes throwing weapons fun and challenging disappear (low missile speed).
Edit here: I'd also reduce the requirements of throwing weapons a bit, so they're more accurate without perfect throwing skill.

Horses are a little too much too. Especially sapphire, I'd cut its speed down to 55 and maneuverability to 45. It would still be by miles best HA horse. Rest might get a bit of speed reduction too.
Yeah, at first glance, I would agree with you. The problem however is that you buy those bolts and arrows for 1 Qualis Gem and a Gold Bar. And in return, you get something that is completely useless on its own, as you also need a bow or crossbow. I've seen the majority of horse archer players just amassing arrows in their inventories and using those when needed. After all, you can access your chest in all field battles and most siege defense scenes (where you also get ammo replenishment upon every 3 minutes, mind you). And you can borrow some ammo from your units anywhere you want (press "O"). My all time preferred arrows and bolts are Large Bag of Melitine Arrows (47 ammo, +3p damage), and a Large Bag of Basic Bolts (51 ammo, +5p damage). With every other option, you miss out the overall damage output that you can achieve with 1 bag of ammo. In retrospect to all of these stuff, would you still buy arrows and bolts with 50 ammo and +15p and +30p damage bonus respectively for a Qualis Gem and a Gold Bar? If yes, then I'll reconsider the nerf.

It'll also make throwing weapons more viable...
right now they outpace many bows
First of all, this seems to be a contradiction to me, or I really don't understand what you are trying to say. It would be really bad if rune throwing weapons, costing 2 Qualis Gems and a Gold Bar would still suck ass compared to the majority of common bows, while you still need the skill investment into Power Throw and Horse Archery if you plan to use them while riding around. Don't forget that Power Draw gives +14% damage bonus per each point, and arrows are also taken into account for the raw damage before getting multiplied by the power draw bonus. Compared to that, Power Throw gives only +10% damage per point. Sure, throwing weapons start with higher base damage, but in the end, bows still overwhelm throwing weapons in damage per shot, including these new rune items. Which is fine on its own, as throwing weapons occupy only 1 slot and can be used with shields, so they have their own advantages.

The idea behind the Sapphire Rune Horse was a horse with the speed of Comet Courser, but durable enough. Since the Comet Courser is a bad investment, as its puny armor will result in it getting slain eventually, or simply taken down by a single shot. I don't want to decrease the speed much, that would be the whole point of the "Sapphire" version. As for the Ruby and Emerald versions, with the likes of Demon Charger and Champion Noldor Spirit Horse, there has to be a noticeable gap, as once again you are investing 2 Qualis Gems and 1 Gold Bar to get a horse that can be killed if you are unfortunate. Therefore the life and armor values will stay under all circumstances, as I've set them up in retrospect to the former horses. The speed could be revised, but there's still the Champion/Spirited Noldor Spirit Horse for the lower boundary of speed. Since that horse is durably too, there comes the question that why should you invest into something slower for a much higher price?

I'd say, from that reasoning, you value QGs too much IMO. They are, especially in early game, rare, but they are not THAT rare. After you establish enterprises in all towns, it's possible to run around with a hundred of Hero Adventurers and that's a force that can take down many unique spawns.

I dunno how about you, but I could afford champion Comet Courser later than I would afford the rune horse, and it was intended to be a novelty anyway, not an useful horse...and you need QG to unlock the shop anyway.

IMO you should base the stats of the horses on what's really used as endgame horses and lift their shortcomings. So sapphire would be based on Noldor Spirit Horse, giving it 55 speed (a little more than champion NSH) but with good durability and slightly better maneuverability (40). Emerald would be based off Desert warhorse, with high maneuverability (~47), but well armoured and slightly faster (45), and ruby would be more faster and maneuverable version of Pendor Royal Steed or Demon Charger.

As for stocking bolts and arrows...well, not every map, especially siege assaults, give you chest, and you need to run back to it, which might take you across the map. And the damage buff you put on those is significant.

As for throwing, I meant specifically in missile speed. What I like about throwing weapons is the challenge of landing a hit, since they're slower. IMO they should be a bit more powerful too. Oddly enough, sapphire throwing weapons are the only ones that hit the right range for a throwing weapons' missile speed.

Fair enough, I'll make some proper nerfs to throwing weapons, horses, bolts and arrows. Thank you for your feedback! Do you have anything else in mind which could use a rework?

Gorvex said:
Fair enough, I'll make some proper nerfs to throwing weapons, horses, bolts and arrows. Thank you for your feedback! Do you have anything else in mind which could use a rework?

Speaking of throwing weapons, there is one thing. Their accuracy is governed, beside the skill, by difference between user's PT and weapon requirements. So, in order to make them a bit more accurate in spite of the lower missile speed, I suggest lowering their OT requirements to 1-4 range, depending on weapon.

Sarin said:
Speaking of throwing weapons, there is one thing. Their accuracy is governed, beside the skill, by difference between user's PT and weapon requirements. So, in order to make them a bit more accurate in spite of the lower missile speed, I suggest lowering their OT requirements to 1-4 range, depending on weapon.
Allright, thanks, I was thinking of adding some sort of an upside anyways if nerfing the missile speed. The upside of rune throwing weapons, apart from the usual benefits, could be the early usability, and possibility for low skill investment indeed. The accuracy penalty settles itself after at least +2 difference afaik.

Gorvex said:
Sarin said:
Allright, thanks, I was thinking of adding some sort of an upside anyways if nerfing the missile speed. The upside of rune throwing weapons, apart from the usual benefits, could be the early usability, and possibility for low skill investment indeed. The accuracy penalty settles itself after at least +2 difference afaik.

Nope, that's bows. In case of throwing weapons, it persists. Just cheat yourself 10 PT, javelins and throwing daggers, as long as you have under ~500 throwing, you should be able to tell the difference in accuracy.

Sarin said:
Nope, that's bows. In case of throwing weapons, it persists. Just cheat yourself 10 PT, javelins and throwing daggers, as long as you have under ~500 throwing, you should be able to tell the difference in accuracy.
Huh, then you know more than me! Thanks for the info!

Have you changed relations threshold by any chance? On the description the wrong number is highlighted for it. It's actually this one:
a59Mxe6.png
Change the green one back to 30 and see what happens.

Have you changed relations threshold by any chance? On the description the wrong number is highlighted for it. It's actually this one:
a59Mxe6.png
Oops, I accidently highlighted an operation code instead of the actual value. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll correct the mistake. At least all tweaks will get tested by someone eventually, because I certainly don't have time for it (sry)

a59Mxe6.png
Ha, so it is! Thanks, works now. I probably should've seen that myself, but I'd been staring at compiled code for like 7 hours at that point last night lol.

Luckily not solely on trying to fix that, but porting over old personal tweaks from 3.8.4 and adding new ones.

On a new note though, anyone know what script controls base lord income they get per week separate from fief rents? And if i’m lucky, what part controls it or at least what value i’m looking for? Also if the script will take effect mid-game.

Hey there folks!

In case you didn't see it yet, here's an unofficial addon for Prophesy of Pendor v3.9.4 (hotfix patch #3) that I compiled and uploaded recently: https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6315. It contains various new rune items, added to the mines of Al-Aziz for purchase: daggers, bastard swords, two-handed axes, hammers, lances, spears, throwing spears/knives/dirks, crossbows, bolts, arrows, shields, horse armors (with horse), and multiple sets of rune plates.

Many weapon and armor types are missing from the selection of the mines of Al-Aziz. With this unofficial addon, that will be no longer the case! The items are set to have different capabilites as well beside having different stats. The stats are adjusted in a balance that I find appealing. If you don't like it, feel free to change them via Morgh's Editor. Note however that weapon reaches are matching the length of models, so it's not advised to change these if you want them to behave as expected.

List of added items:
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Dagger
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Bastard Sword
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Two-handed Axe
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Hammer
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Lance
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Spear
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Throwing Spears
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Throwing Daggers
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Throwing Dirks
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Crossbow
- Sharpshooter Bolts
- Sentinel Arrows
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Shield
- Strange / Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Horse
- Silver Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Ebony Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Bronze Ruby Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Azure Sapphire Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Viridian Emerald Rune Plate (with Cape)
- Amethyst / Amber / Jade Rune Plate (with Cape)

Stats on the Tweaks page of the Wikia (currently as tweak 18 b): https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks

Extras:
- The prices for upgrading rune equipment are reduced by eliminating the cost of Large Pouch of Diamonds. Somewhat as they were prior to v3.9.
- Clarissa of Pent can sew capes for or take them off from the different new Rune Plates
- Aeldarian and Ithilrandir will have an Ebony and Silver Rune Plate respectively instead of Mystical Rune Plates, which can likewise be taken from them. These can be upgraded into much stronger versions than the original Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald Rune Plates
- Mystical Rune Plates are now available for purchase from Hamidaron (at the mines of Al-Aziz)
- Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald Rune Plates can be upgraded further to Azure, Bronze and Viridian variants respectively, for a cost of a Large Pouch of Diamonds and a jar of Wine for each (as usual). These will have the same stats compared to each other, so that at least stats won't have to be evaluated beside aesthetics.

Screenshots, installation guide and credits on the above linked Nexus page. Check it out if you are interested!

Enjoy! :smile:

Will this be updated for 3.9.5? Please? :grin:

Later. I'm waaay behind schedule. And also, I'm still not convinced completely that a hotfix patch won't pop up soon. In which case, I may have to redo some updates, depending on the magnitude. Which I'd rather not want to if avoidable.

So expect tweaks and addons to be updated in about two weeks. Or maybe a bit more. Konrad and MitchyMatt would be grateful too if people would rather play an untweaked version for the time being, so that the remaining issues (if there are any) can be found and localized easier.

Is there some tweaks for the Companions Complain and that they left the Party for 3.9.5?The old one don't work only the one where they don't say Goodbye.But with that they still left the Party and speak every 2 Minutes about that they don't like this and that.The 2 Old Tweak don't work the number i have to change doesn't exist in 3.9.5

Is there some tweaks for the Companions Complain and that they left the Party for 3.9.5?The old one don't work only the one where they don't say Goodbye.But with that they still left the Party and speak every 2 Minutes about that they don't like this and that.The 2 Old Tweak don't work the number i have to change doesn't exist in 3.9.5
Of course those tweaks don't work as intended in v3.9.5, since they are made for v3.9.4... What did you expect? They need to be updated and I have absolutely no time for that right now on top of the things I mentioned in my previous post.

Of course those tweaks don't work as intended in v3.9.5, since they are made for v3.9.4... What did you expect? They need to be updated and I have absolutely no time for that right now on top of the things I mentioned in my previous post.
Try it yesterday out most Tweaks Work without problems.In 3.9.5.For the Tweak with the Companions you need to apply all 3 then it works if you apply only the one that avoid they say goodbye they still left but with saying nothing.The all in one Tweak for that don't Work as the Numbers have change.But thanks for your Work and no problem with your tweaks its easy to find a way to have what people want with a little bit of work.

Try it yesterday out most Tweaks Work without problems.
I didn't say that you can't try to apply them to v3.9.5 as is. But many things get affected under the surface as well, which you don't necessarily notice before a few weeks have passed in-game. Like certain dialogue states or scripts getting shuffled around. There are a few tweaks which change too little (like a single value), and those will work regardless of the mod version. Unless entries got shifted in a similar fashion by coincidence, making you believe that you've found the correct piece, whereas it's no longer the one you need. Also, anything else that has a different troop, item, menu, dialogue, quick string, string, script, etc. layout will bring unwanted side-effects if that particular entry range was changed in v3.9.5 compared to v3.9.4. So proceed with caution at your own risk, and don't blame anyone else if your game gets f*cked up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom