Culture of Sturgia

Culture of Sturgia

• Kievan Rus + mini fraction of the varangians (vikings)

Votes: 101 39.9%
  • Mix of Kievan Rus and Vikings

Votes: 87 34.4%
  • Vikings

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • I do not care

Votes: 47 18.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

@NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL

If only you could actually tell us whatever it is on your mind and we wouldnt push our brains through such a challange of understanding what you are trying to say, maybe I wouldnt be dizzy right now.

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
The video was posted by...TRK Ukraine?

TRK...?

Uh oh...

7d8164075abad9822d978b93f7bba6c3.jpg

UH OH

36086026_411257152705179_8250856218290028544_n.jpg
They look like each other because both of them originated from cuneiform writing. You can't do much with cuneiform writing you need to use Sharp lines like these photos. So no, scandinivians are not turks :smile:

Many players want to play with the Nords and will find this experience better at the Sturgia faction... but they still are Kievan Rus!
The solution for those players, without needing a DLC, is simple: In the Sturgia faction we have the mercenary brotherhood of Skolderbrotva based on  Jómsvíkingar. For greater immersion and provide a fully viking gaming experience for those who want to play with the Nords, developers can work this minor faction better. First, Berserkir and Úlfhéðnar units are Víkingar, then these units can be moved to Skolderbrotva army tree. Second, maintain the brotherhood as a group of Norse people who settled in Sturgian lands and characterizes them accordingly.

A lot of the culture and material in the Kievan Rus came from trading with Turkic and Iranian people (and they are still deeply ingrained in Russian culture today) but I do not think any historians believe that the people of the Kievan Rus were Turkish.

Igor of the Skolderbrotva said:
Many players want to play with the Nords and will find this experience better at the Sturgia faction... but they still are Kievan Rus!
The solution for those players, without needing a DLC, is simple: In the Sturgia faction we have the mercenary brotherhood of Skolderbrotva based on  Jómsvíkingar. For greater immersion and provide a fully viking gaming experience for those who want to play with the Nords, developers can work this minor faction better. First, Berserkir and Úlfhéðnar units are Víkingar, then these units can be moved to Skolderbrotva army tree. Second, maintain the brotherhood as a group of Norse people who settled in Sturgian lands and characterizes them accordingly.

Agreed,TW themselves said that if people want to play with vikings then they will have the Skolderbrotva minor faction,however they havent yet shown how do you join this minor faction,and i don't know if this is even a thing anymore.It seems to me that they just threw the Viking troops into the general Sturgia troop tree and now we are stuck with the same thing as in warband,it seems.One faction - One troop tree.
So basically i think they ditched the minor faction troop trees,and i hope i am wrong,because i would love to have my own Sturgian Slavic influenced troop tree,and my own Skolderbrotva viking tree..

Plus i don't know why are people aruging over this still,the Kievan Rus were a bunch of people,and the rulers for a time were indeed Scandinavians.
Some Scandinavian families lived in eastern europe,along with many other minority groups of people,but most of the people inhabing the region were indeed Slavs.
Slavs lived from russia to Bohemia,and from bohemia to the Balkans.
A exception would be the Hungarians,Romanians,and Albanians.
So please stop arguing over this,it is pointless.

All the devs need to do is to decide will they go fourth with the idea of seperate troop trees for minor factions,and add more spheroconical (pointy sort ) helmets,lamellar armor to the Strugians,to give them a better more eastern european look that they really need in order to make the whole faction look the part.
b-y4I.jpg

Jesus i have posted this picture so many damn times.

Svarogorije said:
Igor of the Skolderbrotva said:

Agreed,TW themselves said that if people want to play with vikings then they will have the Skolderbrotva minor faction,however they havent yet shown how do you join this minor faction,and i don't know if this is even a thing anymore.It seems to me that they just threw the Viking troops into the general Sturgia troop tree and now we are stuck with the same thing as in warband,it seems.One faction - One troop tree.
So basically i think they ditched the minor faction troop trees,and i hope i am wrong,because i would love to have my own Sturgian Slavic influenced troop tree,and my own Skolderbrotva viking tree..

Plus i don't know why are people aruging over this still,the Kievan Rus were a bunch of people,and the rulers for a time were indeed Scandinavians.
Some Scandinavian families lived in eastern europe,along with many other minority groups of people,but most of the people inhabing the region were indeed Slavs.
Slavs lived from russia to Bohemia,and from bohemia to the Balkans.
A exception would be the Hungarians,Romanians,and Albanians.
So please stop arguing over this,it is pointless.

All the devs need to do is to decide will they go fourth with the idea of seperate troop trees for minor factions,and add more spheroconical (pointy sort ) helmets,lamellar armor to the Strugians,to give them a better more eastern european look that they really need in order to make the whole faction look the part.
b-y4I.jpg
Jesus i have posted this picture so many damn times.

Exactly! And with my proposal we will have the best of both cultures. "Favoring Greeks and Trojans". It's no big change in the game, just simple changes that will make a total difference, with much more immersion.

Tarhunt said:
NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
The video was posted by...TRK Ukraine?

TRK...?

Uh oh...

7d8164075abad9822d978b93f7bba6c3.jpg

UH OH

36086026_411257152705179_8250856218290028544_n.jpg
They look like each other because both of them originated from cuneiform writing. You can't do much with cuneiform writing you need to use Sharp lines like these photos. So no, scandinivians are not turks :smile:

But how do you explain sTURgian? Only the 'k' is missing! I would like to see the Sturgians have a horse archer troop. Not as good as a Khuzait one, mind you.

I bet that by now Taleworlds, at least those of its members who have to go through these threads, wish that they had picked a less ambiguous historic faction for inspiration.

I propose to change the Sturgians to be inspired by the Inuit. Give them kayaks, igloos, harpoons and fur coats, faction done.

Svarogorije said:
It seems to me that they just threw the Viking troops into the general Sturgia troop tree and now we are stuck with the same thing as in warband,it seems.One faction - One troop tree.
A heads-up about that, as far as we know the additional elite troop tree (well, more like troop chain, to be honest) seems to be back on the menu, as the Gamescom demos showed faction units that weren't in the main tree, but were earlier mentioned as exclusive to certain NPCs (knights recruitable only by befriending nobility). Huskarls are separate from main Sturgian troop tree.

As for the minor factions, they're related to the major factions only by geography, from what we've seen in the previous demos they were either neutral (like mentioned mercenaries) or outright hostile towards their 'parent' faction.

KhergitLancer99 said:
@NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL

If only you could actually tell us whatever it is on your mind and we wouldnt push our brains through such a challange of understanding what you are trying to say, maybe I wouldnt be dizzy right now.
It's an inside joke about an old forum member who posted tons of conspiracies and believed everyone was either a Turk or Chinese. :lol:

John the Roleplayer said:
I bet that by now Taleworlds, at least those of its members who have to go through these threads, wish that they had picked a less ambiguous historic faction for inspiration.
Not really. There's nothing ambiguous in Rus for non-marginal historical community. And Sturgia resembles that fine, currently.
People, who complain, just want another Vaegirs

SturgiaStrong said:
John the Roleplayer said:
Not really. There's nothing ambiguous in Rus for non-marginal historical community. And Sturgia resembles that fine
People, who complain, just want another Vaegirs

I see people on this topic who wants pure Scandinavian or Slavic based Sturgia and that seems weird to me. Most of factions in this game contains many element from different cultures that makes this game better. Btw who complain should wait for the mods something like "Russians vs Non-Russians" or "vikings will make you their b*tc" ect.

I think no one complains. Just the question of Kievan Rus expected to be Slavic than what is visible in the Sturgia faction now. More like the Skellige of The Witcher 3.

But at some point I realized that this should not offend me. In any case, Kievan Rus is a Vikings for a Westerner. The gaming industry is just Viking fans. If there were no Vikings, now there would be much more debate about the Nords than about the Slavs. I put up with the fact that this game is not about realism, it is a new world and the Calradia universe.

There is a good film on this subject, were the Vikings sail to the gardarika.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089322/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_4

Back
Top Bottom