[Q&A] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

No worries, I was content with the B9 as I didn't yet perceive the lords dissapearing problem. I will actually test this, because on a game I finally relented and am playing necromancer, I freed a lord from prison, so I will search to see if he is on the game. If I need, I will simply revert to b7. We all can wait for your free time, you devoting more time for a free mod than for a job is not right in regard to your responsibilities. I know how it is the wheight of supporting your family pal. You actually spoiled us by giving that crazy stream of patches, so no worries, take your time.

I hope they implement on WC the layers of diplomacy you said depends on the double menu to enter a city, as I like the features.

Good luck on the new job, and God bless you.

Mighty! said:
It seems like there's good progress going on, yay.

There is.  I should add one more thing:
  Why the hell even mention work at another mod?  Does it mean I'm fed up or hating spending time there?  Do I whine about work and personal life just to blog?  Actually I wanted to explain my time, how it used, why I can't just shrug and ignore their problems (some of which are my problems, some of which are SHARED problems, and some of which don't have relevant code here at all). 

All of you lost summer updates here while I was working there.  Now whether or not any of what was furnished is liked (Nameless said he likes it, and actually he's my 'customer' -- really).  Some users of WC think I'm a jerk and some people think I tried to help them -- and about the same percentage think likewise here.  In both cases its free work, by the thousands of actual hours, and |I am temperamental about how, when, and why I do even more work than I first agreed.  To Nameless - yes, I'll give him my time.  He appreciates it, and helps on parts I feel stuck on when they are shared code sections.  he solved one problem, I solved two, but at the same time he added 12,500 lines of fresh code, unique to his mod, all in the last two weeks of August.  So we are peers, of roughly equal ability, and mutual respect is everything.  If either one declares the other's work trash, probably thats a divorce court waiting to happen.  If one party merely THINKS the other agreed to label it trash, thats an art critic's opinion.  The fact that we communicate quietly away from witnesses is key.

So why mention anything here about status etc?
But 3 months over there meant NOTHING here, ALL SUMMER LONG.  I felt, that you DESERVED to know why you lost 3 months of updates.  Well, this and why the pace was less than it was say 6 months ago.  I felt you deserved to have something to show for your loss of updates

But that said, they've waited 2 years for updates.  My argument went that no one person was all that critical for progress, but its a fact more got done when 2 people worked on it than 1.  I should have my hat off to Nameless Warrior though for adding around 85,000 lines of his own for his unique magic system.  I only sent 70,000 lines to him.  So by a small amount, he has me on # of lines.  He certainly worked every day, part time, for 2 years, while I worked around 1 year full time, 9 months officially at Phantasy and 3 months chronologically but 2 months in time accounting solely on porting Phantasy's layers made by me to Warsword.  Absolutely none of Guspav's code was exported.

So I was excited to see some screenshots of you using Custom Troop Trees on other topics around here and to see the option to start as a king but now I'm completely stuck. I don't see any options at all to edit my troop trees. I've started off as a king in Dhirrim, I've started by taking a castle, I've started by taking a city, yet no option to edit my troop trees shows up at my capital. Further digging and I finally found this quote: "You have to talk to your minister, hire new staff member, then hire a constable to edit the Kingdom's troop tree." and have hired a constable, not a single option for customizing troop trees, only recruiting troops from other factions. I've tried turning on cheatmenu. I've looked through all of the options in the camp screen and I have found nothing.

So... How do I access the features of Custom Troop Trees with this mod?

Spikem59 said:
So I was excited to see some screenshots of you using Custom Troop Trees on other topics around here and to see the option to start as a king but now I'm completely stuck. I don't see any options at all to edit my troop trees. I've started off as a king in Dhirrim, I've started by taking a castle, I've started by taking a city, yet no option to edit my troop trees shows up at my capital. Further digging and I finally found this quote: "You have to talk to your minister, hire new staff member, then hire a constable to edit the Kingdom's troop tree." and have hired a constable, not a single option for customizing troop trees, only recruiting troops from other factions. I've tried turning on cheatmenu. I've looked through all of the options in the camp screen and I have found nothing.

So... How do I access the features of Custom Troop Trees with this mod?

use v155, which is flakey and less supported.
The problem is custom troops dont save/restore well, and even compiling them in breaks savegame compatibility with any other series, so
  v150  basic Phantasy, some classes can be added on the fly, so -called "training wheels" version.  Limited upgrade possibilities
  v155  added custom troops and start as a king, had problems linking TPE (tournaments) so tournaments are completely broken
  v156  removed custom troops but kept start a s a king, tournaments half way worked but many people edited the enhanced tournaments and got those to an unplayable state.  Removed tournaments so that people stop asking for tournaments.  Pretty much tournaments arent needed due to vastly increased trade opportunities and greatly enhanced enterprise profits.  relations with a town faster to treat an epidemic for greater gain and pay.

Each series has a different underlying data model so characters started in one series CANNOT be transferred to another series by moving the savegame file. 
The savegame file would be loaded as corrupt in another series.  Otherwise within a series, same savegame can be used with any patch made for that series.

As palewarrior added, I spoke a bit about custom troops earlier:  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373071.msg9016716.html#msg9016716
  thanks for that heads up, PaleWarrior!

I see. Sorry to hear it caused so many problems.

So where would I get v155? Nexus only has 2017, v150 and v156. I see a patch for v155b8b, not sure if that's supposed to be applied after installing v150 or if regular v155 is required first.

Spikem59 said:
I see. Sorry to hear it caused so many problems.

So where would I get v155? Nexus only has 2017, v150 and v156. I see a patch for v155b8b, not sure if that's supposed to be applied after installing v150 or if regular v155 is required first.

you could apply patch 155b8b over a v150 base, but after applying rename the mod folder to Phantasy v155 to make sure v150 save games dont mix with v155 characters, as they are NOT interchangeable.  Make a fresh character after changing series.

Thanks for the continued efforts. I am glad for your work on Warword, as I like diplomacy features, and I like the WC, so having your modified features on that mod wil be superb. Also very good that this benefits this mod too.

For the king option, would be possible to implement a option like Viking Conquest does? instead of making a custom kingdom on the center of the map, I would be much more interested on assuming the leadership of a current faction. It could have requirements (or not) of being elf to be king/queen of the elf kingdom, being a lich/necromancer to assume the living dead, etc. We can always make our own custom kingdom wherever we want later if we start as a simple adventurer.

leugimimi said:
Thanks for the continued efforts. I am glad for your work on Warword, as I like diplomacy features, and I like the WC, so having your modified features on that mod wil be superb. Also very good that this benefits this mod too.

For the king option, would be possible to implement a option like Viking Conquest does? instead of making a custom kingdom on the center of the map, I would be much more interested on assuming the leadership of a current faction. It could have requirements (or not) of being elf to be king/queen of the elf kingdom, being a lich/necromancer to assume the living dead, etc. We can always make our own custom kingdom wherever we want later if we start as a simple adventurer.

Not this year.

short patch B11 for v156:

I don't know how much time I really have; I'm supposed to be studying.
  At the least it will add:
EDIT Sun 16 Sept '18:
  1) some more weak looters, foragers, and scouts to fight weaker parties
          Weak looters are easy, but changing kingdom parties needs a list that isn't in use to store how many parties EACH FACTION has of the correct template
          I can use a script command to read the total number of parties matching a party template (useful for counting bandits) but all the factions are lumped together.  To break them out I need to count them differently.  Doing this foolishly, once per type of template (forager, scouts, patrols, caravans), and cycling through all parties on map looking only for a specific faction takes too long and is a source of stutter for map movement or passing time quickly in cities.
It looks like I'm down to 2 lists unused in v156 - list_04, and list_17.  For v150 all lists that were defined are in use.  Since a list is open, I can do this reform.

Edit3:  except for now I can also just move the timers a little and take the performance hit for today until I have more time to tune this better.
  Foragers are created again, these are factional troops of lowest tier and small groups found near villages and castles.  The higher faction numbers make slightly more patrols and scouts than their native human faction counterparts - that is, {Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Drow, Mages, Undead, and Blazing Hand}.

2) female elves with pointy ears
          This relies on changing module.ini to load new resources, with changes at skins as well.  The problem here is if an older patch gets loaded after module.ini no longer loads the old female elf resources, the mod would hang on loading, so I should make this a v158 only feature.

3) enter towns and castles on first click, mostly (unless you are currently disguised when you left the last town/castle)
  This needs testing with epidemics.  Seems working fine.

4) enter towns and castles you aren't at war with when you should have been locked out at the gates but you just barely fail to meet criteria for a pass, based on your persuasion skill.  This is actually a patch b9 and greater thing, but b9 was fairly flawed.
  5) no longer lose your companions from the attempted fix at B10 and B10b

6) better refined dual stab for spears and a change to animations for spears
      This relies on changes at module.ini and ought to be a v158 feature, both because a modmerged animations change is removed and because some animations are not loaded explicitly in module.ini  Also there is some controversy with one of the pike blocking actions that should be resolved first.
  7) some changed module.ini settings

Added:
    8 ) slow movement, again.
        possibly some of the changes for movement got undone when switching from my ex-day job's computer to home and back this last summer. 
As you know I quit my day job, which got messy at the end, and took a real job, which changes my availability for modding but now pays me, and also appreciates me for the first time in years.  Part of the problem in bouncing between two computers is sometimes changes at one did not accurately reflect changes at another, despite some cloud based nightly saves of source.  It DOES look like parties move slow again, which was addressed earlier.  I'll check again to make sure that section is still updated and not reverted to old code.  Edit2:  Didn't see any change in the code, its possible the person had acquired a slowdown from epidemic in the party and turned off epidemics at that point, so the epidemic slowdown was never cured because the progress of the epidemic is now frozen with epidemics off.  DID add some checks that speed the party up in specific cases (fleeing from an enemy for example), to be the better of current movement rate or a fixed value.  The minimum movement rate is slightly higher for player's party than before.

9) monk damage & some spells:  probably no time for this, which is a pity.
  10) quick adjust of orc lords gear to add  itp_civilian    item properties to armors worn so they don't seem naked in castles.
  11) W.R.E.C.K. still shows an error in TPE so don't use Tournaments.
  12) most quests should be working now, EXCEPT TOURNAMENTS.
  13) bandit lairs will now never swap player to become a bandit or spawn more players.  This was the reason the first quest series was closed but I don't have time to reopen it.  At least all the various bandit lairs should act correctly at this point.
----
    Pretty much that's all I think I can fit quickly.
I no longer have 50 hours a week; the price for the mod stays the same (what part of free has the last few thousand hours of my donated time cost you?)
So, given the price, please don't demand to be my manager too.  I fired the last one and the new one deserves more of my time.  But that ain't mod clients.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files
  https://www.moddb.com/mods/phantasy-calradia

Mainly I'm interested if lords are respawning after being defeated or not, and if they respawn normally UNLESS you are a vassal of the same faction.
Right now that's an issue I saw in one v158 series savegame, but I don't have time to check (yet) if its in 156 B11.  They share some of the same code now so its uncertain.

I have a really big test tomorrow so any issues will wait a few days until I can get some time.  Worst case is I frankenstein a little old at that one spot and keep the other changes as progress.  There's specifically the respawn of characters but there may be some scripts involved also; the timed respawn is really fast cut and paste but going over scripts changes could take many hours that I dont have right now.

I mention it only because thats the only really big question mark I have for v156 B11.  If it needs an adjust, I best start on it Wednesday to get something out Thursday or Friday-ish.  I'll be gone this weekend to watch stars with my family, so no computers will be travelling.

I'm pretty sure that if you are NOT a vassal of any faction, defeated lords are NOT respawning (in 156_B11).  I wrote out the method I used to test this in the bug report thread.

How do you change the map size without screwing up parties placement? I know that in a previous version the map was twice as big, and I actually miss that. In the mod's files there's a map2x.txt, but I know that without proper parties coordinates the spawns will be incorrect.

So, is there a way/file that has the correct coordinates for the 2x sized map anywhere?

I have also noticed that lords don't seem to respawn regardless of if I'm a vassal or not to the faction.
Also, at least for the Drow, lords without castles doesn't even spawn at all.

I'm using version 156 B11

P.S. Fantastic work on the mod also, if I've understood it right, this is the work of one person and it's close to Pendor in quality.
(at least in my opinion.)

xanroth said:
I have also noticed that lords don't seem to respawn regardless of if I'm a vassal or not to the faction.
Also, at least for the Drow, lords without castles doesn't even spawn at all.

I'm using version 156 B11

P.S. Fantastic work on the mod also, if I've understood it right, this is the work of one person and it's close to Pendor in quality.
(at least in my opinion.)

did you try the patch from yesterday yet?  Its in two threads just below this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/126N3pn9NifUZKeJ7G8zWpZtcFJhewZpS/view?usp=sharing

Back
Top Bottom