[Q&A] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders said:
xanroth said:
I have also noticed that lords don't seem to respawn regardless of if I'm a vassal or not to the faction.
Also, at least for the Drow, lords without castles doesn't even spawn at all.

I'm using version 156 B11

P.S. Fantastic work on the mod also, if I've understood it right, this is the work of one person and it's close to Pendor in quality.
(at least in my opinion.)

did you try the patch from yesterday yet?  Its in two threads just below this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/126N3pn9NifUZKeJ7G8zWpZtcFJhewZpS/view?usp=sharing

I actually noticed that patch immediately after making that post.
So now I have that patch and it works wonders. Both the missing lords that didn't respawn and the ones that never spawned now spawn.
So now the map is a lot more populated than like four lord per faction.
The only "side effect" if one can even call it that is a small debug message that says when the lords spawn.
So all in all a great patch.
Magnificent work good sir.

Hey everyone,

I've been playing for a few days and actually came here because of the missing lords issue. Thank you for the quick patch and your hard work :smile:
I couldn't find the patch on Moddb, was it uploaded there ?

I'm also wondering, I purchased all the spells available and I still miss one spell. After searching this forum I miss the Chaos spell but didn't find a way to obtain it, was it removed from the game or do I have to do a special quest to cast this one ?

EDIT : I also read in the forum that owning a staff helps our magic, how does that work ? If I have a staff in my inventory my spells will be deadlier ?

Menethas said:
I couldn't find the patch on Moddb, was it uploaded there ?
It's on Nexus, at the very least.

I'm also wondering, I purchased all the spells available and I still miss one spell. After searching this forum I miss the Chaos spell but didn't find a way to obtain it, was it removed from the game or do I have to do a special quest to cast this one ?
I think that it was removed.  If it has not, it should be.  It was ludicrously powerful.

EDIT : I also read in the forum that owning a staff helps our magic, how does that work ? If I have a staff in my inventory my spells will be deadlier ?
To be honest, I do not usually equip a staff, except for battles where I expect the first few seconds to result in literally hundreds of kills.  In open field battles, I prefer to save the slot, or the weight, or both.  So the following is guesswork, not really tested:

I think that you get a bonus to damage if you hold a staff when you cast a spell that results in a weapon object being created, even as it replaces the staff.  Also, having a staff seems to result in faster mana regeneration. 

But as I said, I prefer to have two free slots, so that I do not get hit with the mental backlash from casting a spell without an open slot.  My characters often use both forms of magic, and I like to alternate between mage and priests spells as the other resource recovers. Thus I need two open slots, in addition to my sword and board, without which I feel naked.  So a staff is a luxury in which I only indulge if I am assaulting or fighting off a sally.

Oh, thank you very much.

What a shame about the Chaos spell, it sounded like a lot of fun, especially in siege battle.

I am playing a full mage. Only equipping my staff and 3 free spots, magic is an amazingly fun way to play. I love to crush armies with my staff, spells and healer's ring. It gives tons of renown. I will try to play with and without staff to see if I can witness increased damages or regen.

Not sure if this is a bug or something...but area of effect spells work a little bit odd here.
In sieges and village fights, they do as expected...however, in open fights, only the first 1-2 spells have an area effekt, afterwards they simply harm one enemy...
any ideas?

How do I tell what type of mage a companion is? I have told a couple to follow the ways of magic but I can't remember who they are..

WESTi said:
How do I tell what type of mage a companion is? I have told a couple to follow the ways of magic but I can't remember who they are..
There is a report that lists all characters (lords, ladies, companions, and yourself).  I think it also lists their 'souls', i.e. special traits on the left side of the screen: mage, cleric, dodge. 

But it is much simpler to look at their skills on their character sheet.  If they have "magic power" at zero, they never read a spellbook.  If they have prayer at zero, they never received a divine symbol.

This is how it was in v150 and v156.  New versions may be different.

Thanks Tuidjy - I couldn't find the report listing all lords and companions so I don't know for sure which of my companions are mages/clerics etc. For now I will base it off whether they have a point in Magic Power or Faith, unless somebody else knows of another way or knows exactly where that report is?

WESTi said:
Thanks Tuidjy - I couldn't find the report listing all lords and companions so I don't know for sure which of my companions are mages/clerics etc. For now I will base it off whether they have a point in Magic Power or Faith, unless somebody else knows of another way or knows exactly where that report is?

Leave town so you can click Reports: Reference Material: View all Mercs and Misc: click the top left arrow 6 times to flip through the different views until it says "Companions" at top:  scroll down and double click the icon for Jeremus to see his cleric capability shown.
P9ptW.jpg

Sorry if this question already has an answer, but I couldn't find it, but does the current 158a0 version have Custom Troops for one's kingdom?

EDIT: Whoops I think I finally found the answer. Sorry for bothering ya'll

Not quite sure what's going on.
I'm playing v150p9 (is this the newest version of v150?), and my drow necromancer cannot open his spell book during the battle when I press "B".
I'm quite sure that I have gotten my spell book and have copied some scrolls in it. I am also quite sure that my Magic Power is like 5 or something. Is there anything wrong or something I have missed to let my necromancer to cast spells?

chenblackeagler said:
Not quite sure what's going on.
I'm playing v150p9 (is this the newest version of v150?), and my drow necromancer cannot open his spell book during the battle when I press "B".
I'm quite sure that I have gotten my spell book and have copied some scrolls in it. I am also quite sure that my Magic Power is like 5 or something. Is there anything wrong or something I have missed to let my necromancer to cast spells?

in v150 you should go to mage guild and start the quest to become a magic user.  Necromancers cant use anything from a spellbook no matter how many spells you buy.  You need to actually become a mage, else you aren't loaded into the mage pipeline for spell mana refresh and checking mana when you wake up in a mission/battle/scene, or are you correctly handled as a mage for checking casting.  In the past you could be lazy and the game checked EVERY SINGLE AGENT in a battle, even the horses, one by one, every 2 seconds or so, to see if maybe one of them was a mage, then did something.  Now it collects a list as they spawn who are mages and only cycles through the list.  Not a magic user = not on the list, therefore cant do spells.

Thank you for the latest patch, lords are respawning when they all disappeared... it was creepy seeing 0 lord factions. Quick questions:
How to get rid of faction prejudice? Example: I'm an elf and I want to get into drow towns.
and
Does giving better mage robes to companions increase their magic abilities/damage?
And
How do I get djannis other than from rescuing them?

hipp522 said:
Thank you for the latest patch, lords are respawning when they all disappeared... it was creepy seeing 0 lord factions. Quick questions:
How to get rid of faction prejudice? Example: I'm an elf and I want to get into drow towns.
and
Does giving better mage robes to companions increase their magic abilities/damage?
And
How do I get djannis other than from rescuing them?

up your persuasion (to a max of 5, after which I stop counting it) or hire drow (or dump elves/dwarves from your party) so the hatred of your elvish skin is cross cancelled by the many friendly skins you just hired.  You count as 5 of your skin, each companion counts for 3 of that skin, and some races have more hatred than others.  You might find for example female elves are less hated than male elves in some places, and other subtle facts.  You always can see how your party is going to be greeted by
  reports: faction relations report [page 2] with prejudice: find the faction of the city you'd like to visit and see if the first number is in red or not.  Red numbers close to 0 you can still talk your way past the gate guards with high persuasion skill, but very large negative numbers and you'll be turned away.  I dont feel like turning off prejudice; stop mixing orcs/drow/undead in your party if humans dont like you.  Roleplay even if you dont want to.  Or play a mod you wanted to play I dont care.  I'm pretty much not able to even visit here and answer questions for lack of time now. 

Any chance you can make mages less broken? One fireball or lightning bolt kills about 50 people right now. Makes being a magic user pretty lowsy and not fun as I can take and defend towns by myself, pretty much. Within seconds of spawning into a siege on offense, my army gets destroyed by a single mage. Perhaps smaller aoe? Less damage? Both? I just feel powerless against those spells.
And the faction prejudice seems pretty finnicky and restrictive to certain playstyles. Would greatly appreciate a way to turn this off in the options menu or something like that.

hipp522 said:
Any chance you can make mages less broken? One fireball or lightning bolt kills about 50 people right now. Makes being a magic user pretty lowsy and not fun as I can take and defend towns by myself, pretty much. Within seconds of spawning into a siege on offense, my army gets destroyed by a single mage. Perhaps smaller aoe? Less damage? Both? I just feel powerless against those spells.
And the faction prejudice seems pretty finnicky and restrictive to certain playstyles. Would greatly appreciate a way to turn this off in the options menu or something like that.

He probably wont, mages ARE powerful. What counters them are mage hunters. Or in this case troops with a lot of magic resist with a fast mount and good bow to headshot mages. You can tank prestty easily with 15 magic resist and 70hp, but those are rare. If you notice the notes you will know that certain armor is weaker agaist cetain spell types, silk is reistant to magic, mostly. And fighting drow with magical damage is hard to say the least.

A noticed the warsworn demo, does that mean you are getting to the end of your resource exchange program and are going to get back to lead your flock?

Can you make a "living" necromancer as oppose to an undead one?  I have tried different sexes races & cultures, but I still end up looking like a skinned Deadpool  :ohdear:

palewarrior said:
Can you make a "living" necromancer as oppose to an undead one?  I have tried different sexes races & cultures, but I still end up looking like a skinned Deadpool  :ohdear:
No, not through using legit means.  Editing your skin in the saved game would be the easiest way, as far I can guess, although I have not done it.  You will still get all the penalties, though, unless you change even more things.

Back
Top Bottom