Age of Empires IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Ki-Ok Khan

Age of Empires IV Got announced with a teaser trailer

That’s right Age Fans, it’s finally happening! Age of Empires IV is officially in production! We are so happy to be partnering with Relic Entertainment to bring you the next installment in the Age of Empires franchise.

We know you are just as excited as we are, and probably have a TON of questions, but this early in the process we don’t have too much to share. Rest assured we will let you know as soon as we have any news or updates!

For now we have started this thread for you to discuss Age of Empires IV to your heart’s content! We’ll open a General Discussion section here when there is more to talk about. In the meantime, check out our blog post here for a wrap up of all the announcements made at our event in Cologne including Age IV, and check out Relic Entertainment's blog here!

As always make sure you follow us on social media for the most up to date info on all things AoE!
www.facebook.com/ageofempires
www.twitter.com/ageofempires
www.instagram.com/ageofempiresgame/
www.mixer.com/ageofempires

7z6b33w2qgf8.gif

Source : https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/1287/age-of-empires-iv

I have been waiting for this my entire life.

a6dc7fe13d8d24ce0cd3fb7007192f9f.jpg

Areze said:
I'm inclined to be cautious about this. I want to be proven wrong, and there's slight hope that it'll work out given the relative success of Aoe2HD to show publishers that tradtional RTS is something people want. But publishers and garme eenduhstree suits are also idiots so who knows.

Wellenbrecher said:
So is Relic going to publish it or is Relic the dev?
Either way, I am wary.

18th century MOBA, wot wot.
Devs

Source : http://www.relic.com/#news/8349

Rujasu said:
A modern business model can, though. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Yeah, me too, but it might be interesting to see what a modern take on the series looks like. That said, it didn't occur to me until someone mentioned it that the original studio is defunct; I should have thought of that given the franchise began so long ago. It will probably be a miracle if it has much in common with the original games.

Wellenbrecher said:
Now I really do expect them to try and make it into a MOBA.

This meme is tiresome. Dawn of War III reminds more of Battle for Middle-Earth than any MOBA, and it's certainly more fun than any new RTS released in recent memory, save perhaps Halo Wars 2.

Oh, don't you say that. I want to live in my bubble where DoW3 is a **** game that I had the good sense not to buy. If you start drawing comparisons to BFME then I'll no longer be able to perpetuate my fantasy. I loved both of those games.

a6dc7fe13d8d24ce0cd3fb7007192f9f.jpg
Perhaps? I saw this loooong time ago . I hope that they still stick to medieval theme tho but thats just my wish.

Have that booklet/image in one of my AOE;III cases. I'm expecting it to turn out like Rise Of Nations if they go 20th century.

Or they might try and meld all the eras of the previous games into one. But then it'll be Rise Of Nations again.

SO *********** ********* HYPED, big love for Craig Mullins artwork. This is going to be sick.

Guess they would show that in trailer if they aimed to go modern times. Trailer was all about medieval.

Back
Top Bottom