DDOS attacks

Users who are viewing this thread

Raul

Recruit
Hello,

Lately some servers have experienced frequent DDOS attacks. For example Mount And Siege.
This servers has gone from 100/150 players average to 0, just because it has become unplayable.
Now I experience the same on Camelot_DM, and it leads me to suspect it's the same person.

Can these DDOS attackers be tracked down and get their head chopped off by a guillotine perm banned?

(ps, this is the first topic I've ever started, so excuse me if I posted it at the wrong place).

Hi, im the admin of Mount&Siege.
It's already more than a week that we're under ddos attacks. We received menaces from Camelot_DM owner, Merlinz. He wants to bring players to his server. He's attacking other servers too (wolfpack, the ludus, zhg). I already sent to CaptainLust proofs, still waiting an answer.

I haven't played native for a while, sorry to hear that some idiot is ruining peoples' fun. I doubt it would work if that is his aim; people are more likely to not play the game than flock to a server, even if it were the only one, if it weren't appealing enough to attract players in the first place.

It's so sad. Here I thought Mount & Siege will be there forever or until bannerlord hits.
But just now it crashed again even though the max amount of players has been reduced already.

The plan is beyond retarded as well. People who play on the siege servers rarely ever go to the more competitive deathmatch or battle servers. No way you will get more players for a deathmatch server that way.

How would you even know it's the DM server guy? He can't be that stupid. Also if it's really just one guy, it should be possible to stop him.

I don't want to point fingers but if it is surely this Merlinz guy, and there's proof of it, and said proof has been sent to TW, why not ban that person right off the bat, blacklisting him from every server and shutting his server down? It may sound harsh, but think about it, he's not only ruining the Warband experience of hundreds of players who just want to spend some hours in their favourite servers, but he's also throwing off the hard work of admins who spend time, effort and resources into making their servers better for the public, and that truly sucks. My community hosts several servers and members put a great deal of energy into making them run smoothly, one of our rewards is seeing people enjoy our work. I suppose every admin with their server down for DDOS feels the same.

Moreover, with the recent game update many servers are down since they are outdated, and having a prick DDOS the rest of them is not very good community-wise...

If there are solid proofs that he is doing it, a ban is the least TW can do to show their customers they care about their experience on warband :wink:

Basically what Gasset said, really.

His server is premium-style **** anyways, no wonder he wants to shut down competence by other means...

I dont think there is a legel base on which taleworlds can deny him the services he paid for ( by buying the game ). But id be glad to be proven wrong here. Otherwise I think best would be to not pay him any attention cus ultimately that's what he/she strives for (whoever is actually doing the attacks) . Ultimately he/she will get bored and stop.

Faebio said:
I dont think there is a legel base on which taleworlds can deny him the services he paid for ( by buying the game ). But id be glad to be proven wrong here. Otherwise I think best would be to not pay him any attention cus ultimately that's what he/she strives for (whoever is actually doing the attacks) . Ultimately he/she will get bored and stop.

Well, a DDOS attack is by nature illegal and some people have already been facing punishement for that yet it remains rather unclear given its recent and I'm not sure what policy the turkish governement is running on that matter (not to say they have probably more urgent matter to deal with atm ^^).

But if you can establish a clear link between Merlinz and those attacks, then I don't see how he could come complaining to Taleworlds if they shut down his servers. Again I'm not an expert here, so could be wrong, just using common sense.

Who hates **TG-arena** this much? It's the best DM server and these attacks actually proves it.

deny me access to taleworlds? Lol at this thread, thanks for making me aware of it.

taleworlds has low end hosting in comparison to its customers.

anyway, shut up, your giving me a ballache.

Minesweeper anyone?  N1gz :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom