WPL2? Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Thunderbeu said:
You don't BkS and Balion to make it competitive lol they woulda been **** in WPL anyways like sorry Balion but UNAC 6 was weak af and proof I guess
I don't really quite understand fully what you're saying, but having those two teams back(along with previously mentioned clans) and actually caring would definitely improve the skill and competition. Again, you're making claims of clans and players skills whom you've never seen play in their peak. Older players who pub in 2016 or join a tournament like UNAC 6 for the lols are obviously not going to be as good as they were because they don't care about being the best since they have other game priorities.

The_Troubadour said:
Thunderbeu said:
Listen you put up a tourney like this and people will come play, if there is no tourney people have no reason to and that's why the game is kinda in it's dead state.
Disagree. Not even the first WPL drew out the old teams, nor did it make the teams that did return be competitive as ever. I get what you are saying how it should theoretically make them do such things, but that's not what actually happened.

That's just not true man. Of the old top-tier teams you named, the only teams that didn't join the first WPL were BkS and Balion. GA, TMW, and wK all participated and were highly competitive, each of them beat each other during the regular season and made it into the single-elimination stage.

I understand you saying that the competition level currently isn't the same as it used to be, but using the first WPL as your example for that, doesn't work, because the competition in that tournament is only second to the first UNAC.

I'm saying UNAC 6 was proof of how bad Balion would have been in WPL they played poorly and yes maybe the dedication and effort wasn't there but I doubt it would have made a difference

Thunderbeu said:
So all time high competition is wK and TMW in NA at least idk what's different now lol there was SJW and tK practically the same ****

UNAC S1 had the highest level of competition the NA scene has ever had. Near full strength wK, BkS, Balion, TMW. Add in GA. Razor thin margins. 5 teams had the exact same record at the end.  We all know what happened after that. The 'competition' died down a bit.

How does the scene compare now?  It's not practically the same ****, it's not even close.

Competition =/= skill. The skill level wasn't as high as it was in UNAC 1. The clans that came back weren't drilling and practicing like they were back then. wK even had a meeting because of concerns that we weren't playing enough at all. A lot of the guys never got off rocket league unless they were forced off, and we still won the tournament. Sure it was still highly competitive and arguably more skilled than a tournament like UNAC 5, but it still wasn't pinnacle NA if you ask me.

Edit- to Thunder, dedication and effort make all the difference. I don't really know what to say if you don't believe that.

I think wK is proof of that lol they were not as dedicated as some other teams were in WPL, KoB for example scrimmed almost everyday and all there players played much more than the wK's

Calamity said:
Thunderbeu said:
So all time high competition is wK and TMW in NA at least idk what's different now lol there was SJW and tK practically the same ****

UNAC S1 had the highest level of competition the NA scene has ever had. Near full strength wK, BkS, Balion, TMW. Add in GA. Razor thin margins. 5 teams had the exact same record at the end.  We all know what happened after that. The 'competition' died down a bit.

How does the scene compare now?  It's not practically the same ****, it's not even close.

That was one tourney, the rest? TMW vs wK except for unac 3 I guess

Thunder, you've played how many matches against BkS?

How many against a full strength Balion with players like Scott Ray, Kaiser, Angus?

I'm guessing zero. This is not a slight at AE, they are champions in Europe and having them play in any tournament makes it hella more interesting.

Well from past track records of NA teams with the BkS guys and Balion guys in NC etc they didn't manage to compete at a meaningful level in NC as far as I'm aware, I understand ping is a thing but also from past scenarios GA has always done well in NA against top teams with that ping

I'll say what I said on steam, wait it out, starting a large money tourney right now just seems like a waste of peoples money. A last huzzah seems like a waste, and unless you can get more than the last tourney ( I'd say you should try to get more than last time ). This tourney shouldn't be a shadow of the first WPL, esp with a larger prize pool. If you can manage to get the teams, then I would be fully behind the idea, but if there are less than the first one, I wouldn't bother Arys. I can go more into it but I'm arguing with tK shoes right now so I can't focus.

I am happy to announce that Clannabis will be returning for this WPL after sweeping the Kazakstanian scene. We're back and better than ever, watch out BkS.

JK, I'd rather be slowly eaten by a mound of ants than let that happen

Back
Top Bottom