The Awlpike Groupfighting Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

By the way, we have a new TS IP: 37.187.57.24:9800. We have updated the front page IP to match this. Join this TS nearer to the start time to get server details.

If you are in the bottom half of the tournament tree you are to be on the alpha server and if you are in the bottom tree you are to be in the beta server. Wallknox squad are the last team of the alpha server, Hekko'sUnderpants are the first of the beta server.

GG Underpants. Shame that the admin tools weren't taken into account, the tournaments run a lot smoother with them.

Okay, time to round up another tournament!

Unfortunately there were some issues with getting the tournament running smoothly because I did not foresee quite the need for admin tools. For the next tournament I will make sure that the server is running some more admin tools to make sure that the tournament runs more smoothly.

I do hope that everyone enjoyed their time when actually playing!

I would also like to address the issue with having a team play with 3 people, and 4 people for some rounds. It does sadden me because it looked as if it was going to be a very close fight if all rounds were fought 5v5. On the other hand, this is intended to be a quick tournament, and with only two arenas we cannot halt the entire tournament for a long while (yes 5 minutes is a long while in a tournament like this). We did wait for the amount of time we as the organisers thought fair. It is a judgement call, and we do realise if someone feels cheated because of this.

I hope to see all of you back for our next tournament.

In the mean time I would love to hear some feedback on the tournament regarding the following things, especially from the people from the "native community" since the NW people are already rather used to my tournaments (they are of course to weigh in in a more generalised format regarding how the concept works for native):

1) How do you find the concept of arena based melee combat?
2) Was the number of players okay?
3) Was the map okay? Too large/small?
4) How do you find the concept of a fast single night tournament as opposed to a long winded one? Please keep in mind, there were some hiccups with the lack of admin tools tonight meaning that it dragged on a bit longer than projected.
5) How was the fact it was awlpikes only?

I would also like extend a huge thank you to Staines, Revenge, Diplex and Loyal for helping me referee, as well as Evan for helping me organise!

Yours sincerely,
Hekko

1) How do you find the concept of arena based melee combat? Same as I do on NW, love it. :3
2) Was the number of players okay? Yeah
3) Was the map okay? Too large/small? Bit too large I think.
4) How do you find the concept of a fast single night tournament as opposed to a long winded one? Please keep in mind, there were some hiccups with the lack of admin tools tonight meaning that it dragged on a bit longer than projected. Only bad part was the fact it was native. For the admin tools ofc. But I prefer one day as opposed to many.
5) How was the fact it was awlpikes only? Good, kept it fairly similar to NW, how I like it. :3

If only we hadn't 3v5 for 3 rounds and 4v5 for the last 2 we would've come far! :sad:

Still was fun.

Might wanna exclude these people the next time:

fe4c034047842aeeb2dc63237cc53fe3.png

Golradir said:
If only we hadn't 3v5 for 3 rounds and 4v5 for the last 2 we would've come far! :sad:

Still was fun.

Might wanna exclude these people the next time:

fe4c034047842aeeb2dc63237cc53fe3.png

How childish of them.

Back
Top Bottom