Disappearing troops bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Windy I apologize for not following the rules but i tried the ticket site and it wasn't loading for me :???:.

I have a save game for a reapeatable bug in which about 35 unique units simply vanish after a battle.  :cry: This has happened to me 2 times before quitely with no error message or anything. Simply noticed that my army was suddenly smaller than before. I've been paying attention since to try and catch it if it happened again. 

You know i'm not a rookie at this game so I've confirmed it's not food, morale or combat loss. I'm well within my army size and there's no sign of troop sizes changing. The save i have seems to affect the Tulga Khan Gaurds. Earlier I noticed it was Swadian Master Archers. Only 2 units i've seen it happen with and both classified Unique.

Only noticeable factor i can see is that I get knocked out in the battle... tested that 3 times.  :wink:

I'll try the ticket site again or let me know how i can get you the save game so you can test it yourself.

Was the 35 troops all of the troops within a single stack?  Ie...were they all of that type of troop you had in the party or just some of that kind of troop?

How many stacks of different troops (+ heroes/companions) did you have in the party?  32 is the hard limit for v1.153 and anything beyond that gets discarded.  Your character, each companion and each separate troop type would count as a separate stack for the purposes of this question.

Windyplains said:
Was the 35 troops all of the troops within a single stack?  Ie...were they all of that type of troop you had in the party or just some of that kind of troop?
No some were still left over. So it wasn't the whole stack of Tulga Khan Guards, just a portion of that stack.

Windyplains said:
How many stacks of different troops (+ heroes/companions) did you have in the party?  32 is the hard limit for v1.153 and anything beyond that gets discarded.  Your character, each companion and each separate troop type would count as a separate stack for the purposes of this question.
I'm no where near 32 stacks. Myself, 7 companions, 3 stacks of swadian master archers, 1 stack of Khan gaurds, 1 stack of vaegir marksmen and 1 khergit veteran horse archer. 14 total.

Thank you.  If you notice any other patterns in when this occurs let me know.  And if anyone else can confirm this or add to it then that would be helpful.

Ok.... It's happened again. This this time it was a siege battle for uxhal. Same details.... a portion of Tulga Khan Guards. Had the same Troop make up, so not at the stack limit. :sad:

I tracked my wounded to see if they were simply registering as dead, but the numbers don't match or are even close. Additionally i  still have some wounded and because it was a siege, I used majority archers so i didn't have 30 wounded khan gaurds. So their just disappearing.  :neutral:

I did die in one of the pushes. Starting to wonder if the body sliding to someone with a lower leadership could be the culprit? :???:

This isn't game breaking and looks like only a small circumstance has to happen for it to occur. I just reload a previous save and go about winning the battle again no issue.  :cool:

Ok this definitely has to do with me dieing. Doesn't happen often but paying attention now i've confirmed it several times in my game. If i get knocked out 2 times during battle phases, there by making me severly wounded and unable to participate in battles, a chunk of my troops disappear. 

My most recent loss was about 40..... seems to always knock my troop capacity down to around 100.  I have 147 max troop, and it drops me to around 100. Haven't seen it go to more than 107 and the lowest was 97.

Battle type doesn't matter. It has happened on the field and in Sieges.

This has happen with me as well when recruiting troops.  If I have pressed the "Show Party Members" button in the recruitment screen and my party members are Hidden then any troops I recruit, though paid for and I get the notification" You have 10 new x and have paid 1000 denari" message, do not actually join my party.

It is only by having my party members shown on the recruitment screen and then recruiting that they will be added to my party.

That's..... a different bug??? :???:

Start a ticket on that if you would please, so windy can take a look. Though it's not high priority since all you have to do is not push the "hide me troops" button.

srdaneau said:
This has happen with me as well when recruiting troops.  If I have pressed the "Show Party Members" button in the recruitment screen and my party members are Hidden then any troops I recruit, though paid for and I get the notification" You have 10 new x and have paid 1000 denari" message, do not actually join my party.

It is only by having my party members shown on the recruitment screen and then recruiting that they will be added to my party.
Which troops was this occurring with?  I just tested this out using Nord recruits and everything appeared to work correctly.  It could be something was broken in transition of old troops -> new troops in the event that you're hiring Swadian or Rhodok troops.

Apologies for necroing an old thread, but this is still an issue in version 0.27.2.

Bankoleva seems to have nailed it - bodysliding seems to be causing it (tested it twice with the setting disabled and troops were ok), so if you have this problem, try turning it off.

Back
Top Bottom