KG leaving WNL

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

parantez

Knight at Arms
I'm sorry to announce here that [KG] Knights of God will no longer be able to play in the WNL. With half of its members left the clan, we will not be able to find enough players to fill in a 8v8 match. Therefore, even if its sad, we cannot play our next matches.

week 3 points and morale boost goes to......................................................

FIN!

oh wait.
did they play vs shorthanded PowerBomber first week?

cheators!

Sad to hear that one more good clan leaving the League.
I wonder why did you post it day after picknight? Why not before it? Did they leave due to panic caused by FIN's pick?
amazing.

Generating ideas is smth very easy, I know, but.
Two questions:
Killfacer said:
I fully understand your frustration at the dropouts. We've actually had less than I expected at the start.
If it was expected that more teams leave League right after week1, then why there were no clear set of rules regulating this ocasions in the balanced way (not punishing innocent leavers' opponents and not giving those innocent luck bonuses and advantage over other teams)? Still all decisions about leavers are made post factum and not "regulated".

2. The more teams you have in the League, the more problems u face. Why there are no strict rules for applicants?
Like visiting WNL_server saturday AND sunday evening with at least 12 (10, 8, 100) players from roster to confirm application?
League welcomes every clan without any roster pre-check... As a result admins are just wasting there time on 1-2 weeks clans.

I understand what Zaharist means, but I guess KG didn't knew about their team disbanding earlier than today :/
Also, with this format of the league + fact is gonna be 10 +weeks, no one should panic about drop out & default wins, at the end, best teams will be on top

Not talking about KG only.
Noone knows what happens next. I am not sure too if DRZ plays till the end of the League
I hope that other teams will say goodbuy before picknights.

everyone is saying that "best teams bla bla bla". Sure thing, best are the best. but there are only 2-4 BEST teams.
what about other 30+ teams that are not the best?

Best teams win every match they play, while other teams fight to death every week, and every "little thing" counts and can be crucial.

From Experience of last year ENL, we had the same format of league in Div C, and we got a lot of team/clan disbanding. I mean I agree with you it s not nice for the competition (coz of default wins) but not really sure we can prevent from clans to disband. It s part of natural warband community lifestyle (hihi). To be honest I expected more team to disband since the tournament begin.
At the really end of the tournament, I don't think it s a pb if a team get 16th place instead of 15th for example because of a one or two default wins during the league.
(well sry if my English fail a bit ^^)
finally, it would become a real pb if lots of team/clans should disband everyweeks :/

I don't see an issue here. KG is not leaving because they dislike the tournament or have a problem with it. They're leaving because they couldn't manage to continue as a clan. That is a problem most new clans face and some are not able to continue after facing it.

We all knew it would happen and there is no way to prevent it. I don't think there are any clans out there that join a tournament with the intention of leaving a couple of weeks into it.

Zaharist said:
Why there are no strict rules for applicants?
Like visiting WNL_server saturday AND sunday evening with at least 12 (10, 8, 100) players from roster to confirm application?
League welcomes every clan without any roster pre-check... As a result admins are just wasting there time on 1-2 weeks clans.

This could be interesting : if u wanna join the league as team/clan, u must provide at least 10 ~ 12 (or a "limit" anyway) players with IDs
oh wait maybe it s already in this ruleset? x)

It is a shame that strong clan left league and our community :/ Good luck for all guys and see you on servers (last times I spend in WB much more time - I missed to Bliv and Sil :sad: (Real life without WB and Bliv with Sil sucks).

Carpe it was illusion - I do not love you. Sorry :/

Goker said:
I don't see an issue here. KG is not leaving because they dislike the tournament or have a problem with it.

There is no problem with KG.
Problem is that all clans that left tourney due to "reasons" did it AFTER picknight, granting default wins for their opponents. And here is another problem - current rule set gives huge (I mean HUGE) advantage to "lucky" teams over other teams (excluding complete outsiders and THE BESTEST EVA).
Default win gives
1) WIN (+1 win to clan level system)
2) +3 Points
3) +16 RD
4) as a result of it - better league position and higher picking priority.
The core of the League are PICKNIGHTS. Picknight is time when you start earning points for current week. Major part of weekend's 3points.

And other thing I am crying about is:

Killfacer said:
I fully understand your frustration at the dropouts. We've actually had less than I expected at the start.
Sil Good Feeling said:
To be honest I expected more team to disband since the tournament begin.
Goker said:
We all knew it would happen and there is no way to prevent it.

Everyone knew it would happen, everyone expected more dropouts, BUT current Rules do not:
1. Have clear statements about regulating such cases
2. Lower risk of dropping out thanks to Free-For-All registration.

Enough said, I guess.
I'm off.

With respect to League managers' work. No offence.

You're wrong. It doesn't give a HUGE advantage at all. Getting points in this league is only worth anything if you're capable of fighting at the level it gives you. Otherwise you will be consistently challenged and beaten by teams lower down in the league. For default wins to become a serious problem, a team would have to get one for probably about half of their matches. Otherwise they will just be reset back into position by the league after a short while.

Captain Lust said:
You're wrong. It doesn't give a HUGE advantage at all. Getting points in this league is only worth anything if you're capable of fighting at the level it gives you. Otherwise you will be consistently challenged and beaten by teams lower down in the league. For default wins to become a serious problem, a team would have to get one for probably about half of their matches. Otherwise they will just be reset back into position by the league after a short while.

that s what I wanted to mean!  :smile:

Lust basically summed up my thoughts on the subject.

Once again it's dissapointing to see a clan leave, particularly after pick night but i'm certain it won't really have any long term effects on the ability of the ladder to correctly sort the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom