Forum transferred to new server

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotmail has cleared the forum's new IP from their blacklist, so those with Hotmail / Live.com / etc. accounts should now start receiving e-mails from the forum. Also, thanks to assistance from Ragnor, the main TW domain's SPF record now covers the forum which should help prevent mail from the forum ending up incorrectly filtered into spam folders.
SpamCannibal also finally cleared us from their blacklist just now as I was writing this post, so any of the unwise people actually using it should be covered as well. Their blacklist lookup was persistently indicating we had no reverse DNS record for the new forum IP even though it's been correctly set for at least 2-3 weeks now. You'd think their lookup tool would actually check the reason for the blacklist entry to see if it's still valid rather than just regurgitating weeks-old cached data. Go figure.

The only remaining e-mail issue I'm aware of is delayed delivery to AOL addresses. I contacted AOL about that late last week as well. Even if it isn't directly taken care of based on my contact, then (as I understand it) it should be improved over time as their filters continually evaluate mail coming from the forum's IP address.

Lord Brutus said:
AOL is no longer holding my e-mails hostage, so perhaps your contact was successful.
That's good, it's better than I thought then. When I was checking the mail log a bit ago I did see a couple of messages to AOL accounts still being deferred by them, so there's probably at least some short delays still for some people using AOL e-mail accounts.

I'm getting some strange error like "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" while trying to access mbrepository files, and I'm not the only one having this issue. Are there any specific settings for some browsers to avoid this? I mostly use Mozilla, I've tried with different browsers but the same message appears.

Austupaio said:
I have, actually, getting tons of those nginx messages too, whoever that is.
Please copy the full error message and post it when you're able, as there are several potential Nginx error messages.

This is becoming extremely annoying. When using Mozzila it takes a whole minute to load one page, maybe even longer, while IE is a bit faster but sill lagging like hell. The problem started after Mozilla auto-updating to version 23.0, at least I think so, but I'm not sure why would IE and Chrome be so slow then? :???:

I'm not having any problems in Firefox 21.0; I'll go ahead and let it update.

EDIT:
Now running Firefox 22.0, which is indicated to be the latest version. No sign of FF 23.0 available (beta version or something?). Still loading very quickly here.

Yeah, it's 23.0 beta. The thing is, only the forum pages work extremely slow, Taleworlds site is very fast as well as other pages on the internet.

Edit: I had to use IE( which is very very slow) to write the message, Mozilla gives me "infinite opening".

I completely uninstalled Firefox and antivirus program (Bitdefender 2013), once I installed Firefox again everthing came back to normal (at least for now), though I have no add-ons anymore and haven't installed antivirus yet so I have no freaking clue what was actually causing all this.
The problem persisted regardless of whether I was logged in or not.

Sorry for double post.

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

Got this while opening the banned/muted/warned thread.

Arnas said:
An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

Got this while opening the banned/muted/warned thread.

Just got that one a minute ago myself finally. Strange; no corresponding errors have shown up in the logs for Nginx, PHP, or MySQL. I'll need to investigate further.

Back
Top Bottom