Proposed Rules Changes and Voting

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The single elimination bracket for the 2nd stage is just removing the interesting part of this championship.
Because if we do this, there's no need  to finish this stage at the first place... it's just like an annoying group stage of a cup, but a 23 weeks long annoying group stage ...

Plus, we already have a lot of "cup" tournaments ( Nation Cup / 5 a side / MMNFC ... ) , a true championship / league was a good idea then...

Let Lust creating a great cup, and please stay focused on a great league, cause WNL is a great league at the moment ... my opinion ...

I have to admit that i agree with what Asgeir said.

The idea of a league is permit teams to have a long term competition. The thing is finishing that league with a single elimination bracket remove all the goal of the league by resolving this in 3 final weeks so the 23 first weeks are pretty pointless.

I voted "yes" to the poll cause for me, it's sure that there will be something after those 23 weeks (even if it was a bit confuse) and if something must happened at the sorting of the leagne then single elimination bracket would be good. But idealy, i think that this league should stay as a league where teams have to do their best on a long term period. But after reflexion, the best would be that the league end after those 23 weeks.

As asgeir said, WNL is the only true league format at the moment whereas there are already some tournaments. Also, Lust is working on some new tournaments format so may be we should just let him manage tournaments, and keep that league in parallel.

Ideally I agree and the league format is the most important part of the WNL. The problem here is that we went into this league with the previous rules stating the league would split and there would be some championship knockout knockout stage. I feel like removing that altogether at this stage would be difficult because it damages the chances of a lot of teams to win. I dont imagine many teams would agree to vote on it, simply because it's shifting away from inclusivity and towards only a few teams being able to win. That's something I don't feel comfortable forcing on to teams half way through the league. In the future incarnations of the WNL, we will likely not be having any knockout stage. Should there be more support shown for simply ending the league then i'm happy to reconsider. I hope that explains a little.

This league should be used to split the league into divisions.

LightbulbIdea.jpg

Added, thanks for voting. Reached majority on Question 1 as well now.

I know it's not ideal but I strongly believe this is our best path towards a quick, clean and fair end to the WNL's first cycle. Myself and Maynd will get to work on implementing these and changing the rules where required. I'm usually available on steam (steam ID: chalfie) if you have any questions about the changes and how they may effect you.

We should have the maps and factions up for all the fixtures by the end of the weekend at the latest. Everything else should just transition over the next week. Thanks for you patience.

Killfacer said:
Added, thanks for voting. Reached majority on Question 1 as well now.

I know it's not ideal but I strongly believe this is our best path towards a quick, clean and fair end to the WNL's first cycle. Myself and Maynd will get to work on implementing these and changing the rules where required. I'm usually available on steam (steam ID: chalfie) if you have any questions about the changes and how they may effect you.

We should have the maps and factions up for all the fixtures by the end of the weekend at the latest. Everything else should just transition over the next week. Thanks for you patience.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom