[M] CONQUEST - The Struggle for World Domination (old thread)

What is the most important aspect of a multiplayer mod in your mind? Post about your reasons and tho

• Great models and textures

Votes: 61 30.3%
  • Balanced weaponry

Votes: 52 25.9%
  • A huge selection of weapons to choose from

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • New high quality maps

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • A persistent server with non-assholish admins

Votes: 57 28.4%
  • Lots of new scripted functions

Votes: 24 11.9%
  • A large player base

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Nothing, multiplayer mods suck no matter what

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bearskin hat is one of the best hats in game at the moment! Then again the mitre cap is awesome... and the dragoon hat! TOO MANY CHOICES!

I dont think its nice to have very generic names like that! maybe for example :

Red Empire
Yellow Republic
Blue Kingdom
Green Tzardom

what about this idea?

Just as a suggestion:

You could swap the Lieutenant with a Colour Bearer, and perhaps make a competition for making a flag for each faction? Perhaps the prize being Beta access, for those who missed/didn't sign up for the beta.

Gambino said:
I dont think its nice to have very generic names like that! maybe for example :

Red Empire
Yellow Republic
Blue Kingdom
Green Tzardom

what about this idea?
This will define the factions as coming from certain countries/regions which is something I want to stay away from.

Connzcdf said:
Just as a suggestion:

You could swap the Lieutenant with a Colour Bearer, and perhaps make a competition for making a flag for each faction? Perhaps the prize being Beta access, for those who missed/didn't sign up for the beta.
There won't be any carryable flags in the first release as I'm still trying to find a way to make it possible to carry the flag in your left hand and still fight with a sword in your right hand (you wouldn't believe how complicated this is to accomplish :roll:) However I am currently creating the banners you will be able to pick from at character creation, so if anyone wants to get a banner added for their regiment etc. now is the time to make them! I'm also open to any random ideas for these banners...I'm kind of worn out and can't really think of many cool RISK related flag ideas atm.

DanyEle said:
I support this mod and your video looks great.

Perhaps do you need a banner for signatures?
Thanks, I don't have any good video guys like you around anymore so I've got to make due with my own stuff haha. Yes I have been meaning to create some banners but as I said I'm overworked atm, so I would be extremely happy if you'd make a banner or two for the mod! :grin:

Gotomtom said:
I made a playlist of all the vids uploaded by Vulkaan about the RISK mod, when other people make vids about RISK and i find them i will add them.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL760F2619E130DCBD
Cool idea Tomtom, nice work! :wink:

if you want, after the release of mod, I add singleplayer to it, but need source files.

In response to a previous post:

Well, the hats would look like this:

skielober_1801.JPG

With the one cap you have reskinned to look like this:

kabus1f.jpg

That'd be some epic, epic light infantry.

On the topic of single player; its not priority right now, I'll be adding a simple/playable single player myself a little farther down the road.

LtSpearing said:
In response to a previous post:

Well, the hats would look like this:

skielober_1801.JPG

With the one cap you have reskinned to look like this:

kabus1f.jpg

That'd be some epic, epic light infantry.
Haha, the ski-troops! Thats a pretty neat cap to be sure. I'll keep these both in mind for future skirmy hats, as I couldn't find too many nice ones for this time-period previously. :grin:

Indeed funky hats are fun!  :smile:
I think the hats could fit... but then again, I hate skirmishers, they are always trying to shoot me!
I still can't believe they have the audacity to shoot at an officer! Plus, their uniforms... they wear green... I mean green... really? What are they trying to do! Look like trees!?  :mad:

Wow, well done! I have ALWAYS wanted a mod where you could make your own uniforms. I have some ideas though, because regiment distinctions are not just on uniforms. Cartridge boxes and plates with many different designs, and box plates accessories such as different types of grenade pins or other brass pins. Also, belts across the uniforms, cartridge box styles and cartridge box sling colors. Waistcoats too and the different color buttons such as brass and silver for the uniform coats and waistcoats. This also goes for colors of gaiters, either white or black. Also, hanger swords that most regiments of the time carried which were just for decoration. And for grenadiers and fusiliers on there front plates different symbols and other images that players could choose from. As for grenadier cap design, different colors of the cloth backings and either the front plates in either silver or brass coloring and pon-pom colors ( if a grenadier cap ), the pins surrounding the cap could be customizable. Neck stocks should be either black, white or red. Guns also different, same goes for bayonets. Musket slings in either red, white, or brown. Tri corn hats with different decorations and such. I could go on and on and on, because I am a reenactor and all those things matter, but those are the most important things I think. Having coat colors and lapels wont make a regiment completely distinct. This is a really awesome idea you are doing for a mod, I support %100!! 

some hat ideas :

funkyh_02.gif

but srriously, i still think you can name the kingdoms without giving a hint to which place they belong, no tzardoms :

Blue Kingdom
Green Republic
Yellow Empire
Red Empire
Purple Kingdom
Black Commonwealth

??

something like that makes a nice atmosphere , so the players are like " for the emperor!!!!" if theyre fighting for yellow/red etc..

Gambino said:
but srriously, i still think you can name the kingdoms without giving a hint to which place they belong, no tzardoms :

Blue Kingdom
Green Republic
Yellow Empire
Red Empire
Purple Kingdom
Black Commonwealth

??

something like that makes a nice atmosphere , so the players are like " for the emperor!!!!" if theyre fighting for yellow/red etc..
it would be fun to add that, but I support the idea of letting players build the legacy/world, Such as:
Maybe Red regiments will decide they fight for a Oligarchy,
Blue might choose to be a Confederacy,
Green might be composed of squads of Anarchists,
Yellow could fight under a Dictator trying to rule the world,
Purple maybe is a Kratocracy instead of a Kingdom
and Black might be different Clans uniting to fight a greater threat,

Its up to the players to right the history of Risk and to choose who they fight for.

Kormin said:
Its up to the players to right the history of Risk and to choose who they fight for.

That should sum up the mod yes :grin:

Thats also why i think many people will look forward to this. It almost becomes a sort of RPG world made by those playing it. If you have a bit of imagination this is a GREAT mod. You will be part of something you have created while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom