Native Completed Risk - Warband Campaign Proposal

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Proper sick peng idea, if you need any help then im happy to do what i can
2. How do you make it so defenders have an advantage, as in, the board game has a draw goes to the defenders, are you gonna somehow implement this to help balance it? Maybe factions or something? (sorry if this has been covered and i just failed because of tl;dr)

Broomstick said:
I've got a question, how many provinces will the map have? If it's a small number, then I'd suggest reducing the player minimum on every team.

There will be 10 provinces. The minimum and maximum numbers will be changed.

Cleric_Johnson said:
1. Proper sick peng idea, if you need any help then im happy to do what i can
2. How do you make it so defenders have an advantage, as in, the board game has a draw goes to the defenders, are you gonna somehow implement this to help balance it? Maybe factions or something? (sorry if this has been covered and i just failed because of tl;dr)

As AZAN suggested, if for instance Team A will be winning in the ration of 2:1 vs Team B, then Team A must win as twice more round than Team B.

I will be proper expecting you fam to add me on steam, I actually really need help :smile:

captain folms said:
captain lust said:
Well it's not so much a case of workload. It's just that everything could be held up by one team. If all teams submit simultaneously (as in diplomacy) then any team failing to submit moves will either face the consequences of remaining stationary or could be sanctioned in some way. If teams have to take turns in order then everything could be held up by one team. Infact... I don't even see how this could work at all if I'm honest.

Surely in RISK, all the attacks and moves have to be done completely separately and taken in turn. This could take a week or two for each team. Meaning that any given team might only get one or two moves in an entire year...

I think the specifics of how it's going to work on a practical level need some serious thought. If it turns out that RISK isn't a viable platform for the campaign, then I think it's definitely worth looking at the EU Campaign for some inspiration. A lot of a good work has been done there already and it has the benefit of testing. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=107429.0

I think you misunderstood. Turns will be decided spontaneously in the first week. For instance:

Teams:

-Team A
-Team B
- Team C
- Team D

Spontaneous turns:

-Team C (Picks the opponent first)
-Team B
-Team D
-Team A

On the 2nd match week Team B will pick first and Team C last, and so on.

Right but that doesn't sound like Risk at all. In Risk you can spend 10 minutes attacking in 10 different places and it all has to be done while the other players sit and wait. Nothing to do with picking in an order. If you had more than 2-4 teams in the competition, getting an entire turn done in a week or less would be seriously difficult.

captain lust said:
captain folms said:
captain lust said:
Well it's not so much a case of workload. It's just that everything could be held up by one team. If all teams submit simultaneously (as in diplomacy) then any team failing to submit moves will either face the consequences of remaining stationary or could be sanctioned in some way. If teams have to take turns in order then everything could be held up by one team. Infact... I don't even see how this could work at all if I'm honest.

Surely in RISK, all the attacks and moves have to be done completely separately and taken in turn. This could take a week or two for each team. Meaning that any given team might only get one or two moves in an entire year...

I think the specifics of how it's going to work on a practical level need some serious thought. If it turns out that RISK isn't a viable platform for the campaign, then I think it's definitely worth looking at the EU Campaign for some inspiration. A lot of a good work has been done there already and it has the benefit of testing. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=107429.0

I think you misunderstood. Turns will be decided spontaneously in the first week. For instance:

Teams:

-Team A
-Team B
- Team C
- Team D

Spontaneous turns:

-Team C (Picks the opponent first)
-Team B
-Team D
-Team A

On the 2nd match week Team B will pick first and Team C last, and so on.

Right but that doesn't sound like Risk at all. In Risk you can spend 10 minutes attacking in 10 different places and it all has to be done while the other players sit and wait. Nothing to do with picking in an order. If you had more than 2-4 teams in the competition, getting an entire turn done in a week or less would be seriously difficult.

So you suggest that I allow maximum of 4 teams and spread 10 provinces between? Moreover, that we first select the turn order simultaneously at the beginning,  and a team who makes the turn selects the province to attack in a week?

EDIT: Game rules updated, only 1 factions for a team per game. Maximum of 18 players per team, and minimum of 8 players per team. Win of a team will depend on a number of players on both sides. Alliances and Trade Agreements added. Battle map added
riskwbmaptest.png

Eternal said:
Only suggestion from me is not including Arena.
Please expand

Also (By Tomy44):
scaled.php

Code:
[IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg641/scaled.php?server=641&filename=folm5.png&res=medium[/IMG]

scaled.php

Code:
[IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg812/scaled.php?server=812&filename=titrr10.png&res=landing[/IMG]

scaled.php

Code:
[IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg252/scaled.php?server=252&filename=titrr9.png&res=landing[/IMG]

The Arena as a map. If all of the maps are Battle.. I just don't see Arena as a competitive map. You have two sides, one side at a slight advantage due to the archer platform being much more covered. The rest of the map involves either archer spamming or charging the enemy spawn. There's not many tactics to be used, nor are there really any strategies to be utilized.

Eternal said:
The Arena as a map. If all of the maps are Battle.. I just don't see Arena as a competitive map. You have two sides, one side at a slight advantage due to the archer platform being much more covered. The rest of the map involves either archer spamming or charging the enemy spawn. There's not many tactics to be used, nor are there really any strategies to be utilized.

Oh? Alright, what map would you like to see?

Thread is updated with hopefully final rules. If everything will go smoothly campaign will begin in two weeks from now. If you have further suggestions please post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom