Lone Rider

Users who are viewing this thread

CCDK

Knight at Arms
Hey

Its been a while since i last posted but I just wanted to share a great experience with the players of 1866

There I was - the lone guy on the plains. I had seen people I could have join my party but I figured I would roam for a while. Killed quite a few people and sold the guns on the frontier. So I am having a ride in the countryside as they say and I am still in a fairly new game - 18 days or so. I have managed to get up to level 10 so I cant complain and the redskins like me since I bring them loads of guns, mind you what I get my hands on isnt the best shooting gear you can get but hey they have never been in a gun-shop so what would they know. So I am on my way back from Apache ground and get jumped by 25 plain Bandits - Me, a lonesome struggling peddler of guns and booze.

So what do I do? - I pull out my nickel plated Winchester and shoot some of them with what is in the Winchester and the 48 shots I carry on me - I manage to bring their numbers down from 25 to 8 and the my gun goes empty - I curse and swear and ride around looking for my baggage while they keep shooting at me and my trusted mount - after a while i find the baggage and switch my empty Winchester for a Remington army colt and 60 cartridges - The bandit fire a few shoots while i stand there and I shoot back and kill one - another one hits the dirt in a faint from a wound. Then my horse crumbles and I am on foot. I back away from the nearing bandits while I frantically reload and mutter part of a prayer I picked up while playing cards with a defrocked priest in El Paso. I down the pointman, the only one left with a revolver and I am left facing only bandits with slow reloading muskets. I hit one while he reloads and then aim at one of the others while he reloads and then back to the others so they have to stand there and try to reload while I try to hit the bastards. The last one of them hits the dust 2 reloads later. I am sweating, my hands shake and my horse is dying but I am still standing.

The loot consisted of a lot of hawken rifles, some muskets and some clothes - While I cant carry it all I manage to get 170 dollars from the Apache for the whole pile. My horse recovers fully and I am even a level up. I am stronger, richer and up on the horse again, ready to ride again towards new adventures. Somewhere 25 corpses are drying up in the baking sun, partially naked and looted for everything of value.

1866 for the win!       

Back
Top Bottom