Native Completed [NASTe] North American Small Teams Seasonal Ladder [Season 2]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no rules against European teams from signing up, but this is a North American ladder, and the best servers European can hope for will be East Coast US servers.

Ash Tre said:
noooooooooo

You sign up with a team, you play for that team. I tried to keep the teams small enough so that getting the required number of players together would be easier, negating the need for mercs. Make a zerg team. :smile: You only need 6.

Oh yes I almost forgot about these this thread earned it!

images

images

images

6a00d8341cc30c53ef0133eca8dfbe970b-320wi

Edit: We really do have until Dec 16th? Just verifying because that is a really long way off

John7 said:
Edit: We really do have until Dec 16th? Just verifying because that is a really long way off

You can start playing ladder matches as soon as you sign up. There's no reason not to sign up now if you have the players for it: the ladder is a persistent ranking of teams. It's advantageous to start now and solidify a spot at the top so you're safer in the final month when it really counts.

This is not a rigidly-scheduled tournament. Teams are free to schedule matches at their own pace (with minimum 1 match per 2 weeks to remain active on the ladder). Sign up now, play now.

The reason teams can't sign up past the 16th of December is because after that it's the final month of the tournament. New teams won't have enough time to climb the ladder. Also, I'll be extra busy tracking stats for every single player in the final month. Then at the end of the month there's going to be a small, single-elimination tournament to determine final placing for the season. I'll probably have a week-long break, after which a new season will start.

Orion said:
BigBoss said:
I imagine they're at the top already by default?

GG.

Everybody starts unranked on the ladder. You get a rank by winning a match. If you never win any matches at all, you stay unranked.

But you take your opponents rank if you win (for the attacker) don't you? If there are 3 games the first week, there will be 3 first place teams? or how does that work?

iwasbannedwtf said:
But you take your opponents rank if you win (for the attacker) don't you? If there are 3 games the first week, there will be 3 first place teams? or how does that work?

If an unranked team beats an unranked team (which will happen for the first few matches, of course) then the winners will be ranked chronologically. The first team to win a match gets 1st place until someone beats them. The second team to win (if they don't beat the first) takes second place, etc.

You aren't ranked by your number of wins. You're ranked according to who you beat.

This is just to clarify, but I am guessing unranked teams--besides challenging any other unranked team--can only challenge the bottom 3 teams of the ladder? Or are unranked teams allowed to challenge any team on the ladder?

(I'm guessing it's the former, but I don't see anywhere in the rules that explains this.)

Rhade said:
Orion said:
BigBoss said:
I imagine they're at the top already by default?

GG.

Everybody starts unranked on the ladder. You get a rank by winning a match. If you never win any matches at all, you stay unranked.

Oh come on now.

You know your daddy should start at the top.

But then we wouldn't be able to challenge other teams.. Eh eh eh?

Wappaw atleast has been pretty active scrimming recently, so we're not in a rush to register. I think we're going to do two teams if we can get the interest. We've been scrimming with much bigger teams than 6v6 (most have been atleast 10v10), I don't know if that has something to do with the lack of interest in this.

iwasbannedwtf said:
Wappaw atleast has been pretty active scrimming recently, so we're not in a rush to register. I think we're going to do two teams if we can get the interest. We've been scrimming with much bigger teams than 6v6 (most have been atleast 10v10), I don't know if that has something to do with the lack of interest in this.

KBOOB was 7v7.

There were a huge amount of teams in that.

The numbers have nothing to do with interest, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom