PoP Knighthood Order Roleplay (Applications Only) (9-29-12)

Users who are viewing this thread

MitchyMatt

Grandmaster Knight
Hello Everyone,

Its come to me that since we have a long ways to go for Prophesy of Pendor: Legacy to arrive, and no real forward advances towards big updates to the current version of PoP: 3.411, that we should have some fun on the forums. Here is how the roleplay shall work:

Pendor has been united under the King, each player must join one of the Orders (some will have been eliminated since we cant have 20 Orders) and this is all about the power play between them post-unification.  I will now give a list of the current powerhouses of the new Pendor and who so far is in the roleplay.

High Positions

The King of Pendor: King of Pendor (M0rdred)

The Royal Herald; Grandmaster of the Immortals: Sir Mitchell (MitchyMatt)

The Royal Chronicler: (Mp84)

The Order of the Griffon
Following the rise of the Knights of the Griffon, they have had a clouded and mistreated past...Now arisen to fight for the new proclaimed King of Pendor, the knights have once again become the dominate force in Pendor, for they single handedly took down their past alliance and hated fellows of the Knights of the Lion. With Sir Darlion of Pendor rallying and controlling the Griffons for the King, these are the knights that are most feared on the lands of Pendor. Do to current events, the Knights of the Griffon are now accepting women into their ranks!

Order of the Griffon Grandmaster: Sir Darlion of Pendor (Diablodude)

Marshal of the Griffons: Sir Kamos, "The Silent"(Kamos32)

Order of the Griffon's Loremaster: Sir Azrael," Master of the Lore" (Pravenstern)

Order of the Griffon Knights: Isabel Tenorio (No-Name), Sir Ibram (Hetzau)

Squires: Aelos (Vadir)

The Shadow Legion
Following the last few wars between the new Kingdom of Pendor and The Empire, they were the last to hold ground and refuse the sovereign right of their growing enemy. However, in secret, Marius secretly had dealing with the King that resulted his step down from power and the dismantle of the Empire into the rule of the Kingdom of Pendor. As for the Shadow Legion, they hatefully swore allegiance to the new King as Marius sold out the Empire, with them in the included package. They still want an independent rule away from the King of Pendor, but time will tell if something like that shall happen. They are now looking forward to the horizon as the Snake Cult has risen to power to lands south of Pendor, and has caught the eye of the Legion and its Grand Master, the events to unfold are yet shrouded in mystery of the Shadow Legions actions..

Shadow Legion Grandmaster: Marcus Caldius Merula (Das Knecht)

Shadow Legion 2nd in Command:

Shadow Legionaries: Ser Jareth, "The Titan" (Psychozoa), Apophis (Dathlos), Lok (Lokloklok), Johan Noaidi (Tobberman),

The Order of Silvermist Rangers
With lands now ceased from many wars, over time the King personally gained relations with the Noldor and their leaders. But still watching over the mistreatment of the Noldor are the Silvermist Rangers. Being the de-facto liaisons (negotiators between the two) they have a big spot in trade as well as treaties presented between the Kingdom of Pendor and the Noldor. The Silvermists began moving out more into Pendor and since the Heretics were still at large, they became the new enemies that threatened Pendors lands and sworn to be thwarted by the Silvermists who still are deadly with their bows.

Order of the Silvermist Rangers Grandmaster: Sir Caranthir, "The Righteous Ranger" (Thrannduil)

Order of the Silvermist Rangers Constable/2nd in Command: Iskar Levellin (Iskar),

Order of the Silvermist Rangers Scout-Captain: Lady Laisha, "The Whisper of the Clarion Call" (Laisha)

Order of the Silvermist Rangers Quartermaster: Aldric of Marleons (Just_For_Lols)

Order of the Silvermist Rangers Halberd Division Commander: Captain Saeros Venator (saerossaeros)

Description: Now around 500 rangers and mounted rangers, merged with the Clarion Call, and supported by a large force of halberdiers. Prevalent in the former steppes and forests of the east that they subdued.

Knights of the Dawn
Following the honorable induction of Lord Roland as a vassel of the Kingdom of Pendor, he established his new Order as Knights of the New Dawn, who are less fanatic and more honorable with their power. As soon as the order grew, the original Knights of the Dawn issued a civil war between them, for the dawning of these new knights must be put to an end, and their bodies burned. As well as they too wage a war against their arch-nemesis': The Knights of the Eventide, whose too say that the New Dawn and the Eventide wont begin alliances...

Knights of the Dawn Grandmaster: Sir Aranor, "Champion of Light, Seeker of Shadows" (Shadow-Seeker)

Knights of the Dawn 2nd in Command: Wolfarmin, "The Strong" (Wolfarmin),

Knights of the Dawn Knights: Sir Varis, "The Judicator" (MordKaiser87), Blaze (LuvSimplePlan), Sir Henry Weatherford (Paladin Of Elohym), Sir Merzinas (DrSane), Sir Laralthir (Xanithor)

Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet

If one thing is for sure, the relation between the Kingdom of Pendor and the Noldor is downright piss-posh. The Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet are, in a lessened word: PISSED, they have decided to become a lawless order establishing themselves somewhere between Poinsbruk and the Laria Woods, that way they can kill all the pointed ear twats they come by. If one thing is for sure, they most certainly rival with that of the Knights of the Griffon. Relations between the two are diminishing and things are about to unfold badly for eastern Pendor between the two, as the KotEG have things planned, that may change Pendor as we know it and the Knights of the Griffon are battle-readied to stop it.

Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet Grandmaster: Lord Commander Colm Stoutheart, "The Harlequin" (Centurion1)

Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet 2nd in Command: Mat Cauthan (Fidelity)

Ebony Gauntlet Knights: Sir Thaddeus (Daedroth), Atticus Eckit (MitchyMatt), Lucius Aurelianus (Tubby McChubbles),

Knights of the Eventide
With their order still established in Singal, the city remains to have its own boundaries and laws unsupported by the rest of Pendor, and not even the King thinks twice of doing anything about it. The Heretics have been pushed mostly out of Fierdsvain lands, and now began amassing around Singal. The Knights of the Eventide have begun to capture these people, though once caught no-one really knows what happens to them.  Not as well supplies like their predecessors from years ago before Pendor was united. They still hate the Knights of the Dawn and too secretly wage a war against them, with both sides not budging in the fight. But things are for sure, these guys haven't changed one darn bit.

Knights of the Eventide Grandmaster: Azlanek of Tantal, "The Blackguard of the Eventide" (Deckenpuppel)

Knights of the Eventide 2nd in Command: N/A

Knight Chaplain: Celdiur Moriendor, The Black Paladin of Singal (DarkSoul)

Eventide Knights: Sir Malificar, "Wolf of the Night" (dowdpride),  Ser Varys, "Whisperer of Shadows" (Ser Varys), Sir Kendric Delion, "Stealth Shadow" (AxeMaster3)

Ghilmen Sgt: Nobody (placenik)

Squires: Sir Tantius (Tantius

The Aftermath of Pendor following unification under the King's Banner:

Knights of the Radiant Cross - A new Grandmaster rose to prominence in the Radiant Cross, and led them all away from Pendor. No-one knows why or where.

Knights of the Lion – Disbanded. Died to the last man fighting to defend Sarleon and their King.

Knights of the Falcon – None know if they have disbanded after the Siege of Ravenstern. Fate is known by King Mordred.

Knights of the Raven Spear – Still around, building closer ties with the Noldor in particular in an attempt to learn their lore and exchange science.

Knights of the Clarion Call – Combined with Silvermists

Knights of the Dragon – Swore loyalty to the new King in Pendor on the promise that he would continue to protect Ravenstern. Hate Knights of the Falcon. Lead by Grandmaster Mastifus.

Immortals – Still exist, but now loyal to Pendor after Marius left peacefully from a "negotiation" with the King. Now lead by Sir Mitchell as their Grandmaster.

Windriders – Still exist to police the D’Shar Principalities.

Lady Valkyries – Have left Pendor, it is unknown to where they have gone and with whom.

Royal Pendor Army - 5,000 regular soldiers. Pendor is under the "Law of Halves" at the moment, which means a Lord may only raise half of his normal retinue. This has increased the stability of the land but at the cost of fighting men.

Appplication Form:

Order of Choice:
Name of Person:
What is your story of how you came to be with an order: (reminder; gettting into an order takes years, so make your story fit):
Perks:
Weaknesses:
Equipment: (No overpowered weapons, you may have heirlooms though)

I will read through alot of them and only select the top-lore friendly stories of those who participate in this roleplay to be filled in. And please dont pick another order if not listed here since well Ill probably not accept your story since I warned you.

-Your friendly neighborhood signature banner creator and community friend,

MitchyMatt

MORE EVENTS FOLLOWING UNIFICATION UNDER THE KINGS BANNER:

Major Factions
D'Shar : Kadan was killed in the siege of Torbah, and his principalities forcefully seized by Pendor. Singal remains a law unto itself.
Ravenstern : King Gregory was killed in the long war with Pendor, and Madame Ursula backed the Pendor throne in exchange for the Grandmastery of the Knights of the Falcon.
Sarleon : Smashed by the brutal war with Pendor. Much of the countryside has been burned and pillaged, though the new King has Sarleon as his capital once more and things are improving. Darlion of Pendor became the Grandmaster of the Griffon and is now the most loyal advisor to the King.
The Empire : The last of the factions to fall, Marius abdicated his throne peacefully to the King for an unknown fee.
The Fierdsvain : Destroyed from within, the warriors were routed in a large number of battles with Pendor and Valdis was forced to flee his own lands at the hands of the rich merchant princes of the Fierdsvain who promptly swore allegiance to Pendor. War is bad for business.

Minor Factions
Heretics : Still present but far less prominent than they once were. Increasing in numbers around Singal but reduced elsewhere.
Snake Cult : All but wiped out from Pendor.
Mystmountians : Have fled back into the mountains, their numbers dramatically reduced, it will be decades before they are a threat again.
Jatu : Small bands remain in Pendor but most are dead.
Noldor : Now allied with Pendor.
Rogue Knights : Numbers increasing rapidly due to the massive unemployment faced by soldiers across the continent.
Bandits / Brigands : See Rogue Knights.
Mettenheim : Trade treaty accepted. Mettenheim outposts in Fierdsvain lands established as trade stations.
Veccavia : Strong links developed with what was Ravenstern. Veccavian presence has decreased elsewhere however.
Barclay : Essentially withdrawn from Pendor, their colonial aspirations there thwarted
Vanskerries : Still a nuisance, but their numbers have dwindled as the coast has become more ordered.

I will be updating this frequently as I think of a better story. EDIT: My character now has a noble background as the son of a Knight of the Griffon

Order of Choice:Silvermist Rangers

Name of Person:Caranthir

Additional Titles: The Ranger of the Mist, The Silent Sniper, The Righteous Ranger.

Why should you be leader:Because of my love for the Noldor way of the bow.

What is your story of how you "became" leader:
      I was born the first son of one of the last exiled Knights of the Griffon.  When I was 12 years old I visited the village of Ehlerdah, where I was born. Around that time, the Jatu assembled one of their last great armies in search of the legendary Noldor City of Elacrai. The Jatu raided many villages, killing every man they saw and stealing the women. Then they came for Ehlerdah. I was walking around in the forest when the alarm was raised. The Jatu stormed into the village, killing all in their path. After the initial charge, the Jatu dismounted and began stealing supplies and taking women captive, killing anyone who got in their way. Unfortunately for them, Ithilrandir also happened to have assembled his army. After about thirty minutes of hiding in the woody hills surrounding Ehlerdah, a lone Jatu Lancer saw me and moved towards me. The next thing I saw was red flash go right by my face. The next thing I knew, the Jatu lancer had a vibrantly colored arrow right between his eyes. Then I caught a glance of a Noldor Ranger not twenty feet behind me, loosing arrows into the Jatu along with hundreds of his brethren. Seconds later, the Noldor knights charged in under the cover of the rain of arrows and annihilated any Jatu left standing. Not one peasant was killed by the Noldor. Since then, I have always remembered the Noldor Ranger who saved my life. In memory of that day, I took on the name Caranthir, a name with Noldor and human characteristics.

Since then, I have trained with the longbow, looking to the Noldor as an example. Over time, my skills grew and I was offered the chance to become a knight in the Order of the Silvermist Rangers. I accepted and was placed in a small 5-man squad, tasked with patrolling the forests of Laria, hunting the Snake cult warbands, remnants of the Jatu tribes, Renegade Knights, and common bandits who wandered there. Over time, I became the best marksman in the squad, and was promoted to squad leader.

Soon after, I became the second in command of the Order of the Silvermist, due to my honor, dedication, and skill with the bow. Later on, I became the new Grandmaster of the Order of the Silvermist, and as such, ordered a shining new set of silver light platemail. Through my travels, I also saved enough denars to buy a custom made bastard sword with a dagger in the scabbard and I had it enchanted by the Noldor like my armor. I also eventually upgraded the leaders of squads to the same armor I had, and we upgraded to Bodkin arrows.

In my travels, I admired the goddess Astrea, and although I hated the corruption of the Order of the Dawn, I strove to live honorably, justly, righteously, and purely in my relations with the Noldor and all humans, and I grew to despise demons and heretics.

Perks:Expert marksman and tracker. Also learned to see nearly as far as a Noldor ranger. Honorable and just. Friends with the Noldor. Keeps to himself mostly. Very smart. A brilliant strategian and tactician, though marksmanship is still my number one priority. Very resourceful and prefers to have as much information as possible. A minor Noble as the son of a knight. Decent relations with Knights of the Griffon because of my father.

Weaknesses: Not quite as good with a sword, as marksmanship took top priority. Hatred for the Jatu, heretics, the snake cult,Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet, and the Knights of the Eventide. Prefers to fight with twohandedly rather than with a shield.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: KOTD!!!
Order of Choice: Knights of the dawn
Name of Person: Sir Aranor, Champion of Light, seeker of shadows
Story: Father was a famous hero adventurer of Barclay who came here for wealth. Came here as a young foreign noble named Rivalin 30 years ago. After 10 years of adventuring he had risen to become a great hero of the western coast and led a warband of several other knights. He one day stumbled upon a looted Sarleon village near Laria while delivering a message for Aedin Redsword, Rivalin's patron.... Ehlerdah... Among the wreackage Rivalin found a small baby, unharmed, and decided to take him with him, he named the child "Aranor" after Rivalin's grandfather. For the next 5 years the baby was taken care of by Aedin in Valonbray. Soon Rivalin grew tired of adventuring and wished to settle down. He bid farewell to Aedin and returned to Barclay, where he purchased a manor and settled down.

During Aranor's childhood he was placed in the care of John Pipay, a merchant from the Fierdsvain, for Rivalin was needed in Barclay by the nobles. Aranor was a constant visiter to the city of Valonbray, and always saw his "uncle" Aedin. As Aranor grew older he was struck with dreams of Astraea. She told him to take up the sword and join the order of the Dawn.

With his father's blessings Aranor joined the knights of the Dawn, as a squire under the tutelage of Sir Tristan Heubert, an old knight.
Aranor excelled in many areas of combat, especially the bow,shield, and the sword. He was terrible at using the lance. But with Sir Tristan Aranor became well known throughout Barclay, and a known ladies man.

The day came when the order split. Many good knights Aranor had knew went with the order of Eventide. Aranor hated them, how could they turn there back on Astreaea?

After his initiation ceremony as a full-fledged knight the order was banned from Barclay, the order outlawed. Aranor bid farewell to his Father, who promised to send him messages.  A month later Aranor had discovered heretics slew his father.

The order needed a home, and were stuck on a remote island. Aranor volunteered to go to Valonbray and try to convince Aedin to let them stay. He convinced Aedin to let the knights establish a home in Valonbray, as long as they swear fealty to Koningur Valdis.

As the years passed Aranor became more and more well-renowned as a knight of valor, winning hearts and tourneys, whatever order you wish. Aranor was declared a herald of the Dawn, the last step before the coveted position of Paladin!

But, Aranor fell from grace. On a raid through D'Shar country with 7 fellow knights, they chased a knight of Eventide into a D'shar village. Aranor's commanding officer decreed that the village must burn for harboring heretics. Aranor could not allow this, and he slew his commanding officer before being restrained by his comrades as they burned the village to the ground.

Aranor was brought before the council, and was stripped of his rank and status, and would have been executed too if Aedin hadnt pardoned him.
But he did not go unscathed, Dalon Valchance, the grandmaster of the order then, personally branded an image of the sun onto Aranor's right hand.

Aranor became a wandering knight-errant, going from village to village, doing whatever he could to help justice. He led a following of like-minded warriors and journeyed all over Pendor. He remained very close friends with the Fierdsvain jarls. Rumors also started that Aranor himself was the hero of Madigan's prophecy. Aranor was often offered a vassalage in the five kingdoms, but he denied them all, and declared himself just a noble servant of Astraea. One day there came word of a heretic army near the city of Singal, 800-strong, led by a demonic warrior named Eyegrim the Devourer with 100 other demonic warriors following him. Aranor arrived with a 100-strong force of knights and nobles, to find a battle already ensuing. It was a fight between a newly crowned king and the demon. Aranor drove his forces into the main bulk of the enemy, and with his help the king slew the demon. The newly crowned king thanked Aranor, and offered him a place in his army. Aranor refused and went on.

After the battle word spread quickly of Aranor's participation in the battle. The order invited Aranor back to Valonbray.

At Valonbray Aranor returned to see all the knights of the Dawn kneeling to him, Aranor was proclaimed the new paladin of the dawn, the champion of light. Aranor was restored all his status and ranks, and all his companions, fellow knights, and friends were named knights of the dawn too.

Shortly thereafter, the king of Pendor has proven himself honorable in his rule, helping commoners, and eradicating the snake cult and mystmountain barbarians. Aranor liked very much this new king. The order remembered Aranor's past dealings with the king and sent him a message. The king of Pendor offered a new order chapter, in Avendor, in return for service. Aranor and 200 knights of the dawn went to Avendor to serve the king. The wars were not yet over, and Aranor became increasingly well known for he and his knights guarded the commoners and upheld justice for Astreaea while the king fought his wars. Aranor also became aquainted with Sir Roland, the former paladin of the Dawn. Aranor respected him, but did not agree with Roland's idea that the entire order was tainted.

Another great schism occured, many knights of the Dawn followed Sir Roland to form a new Dawn. But Aranor stayed, for he could not abandon his brothers in arms, they had faults, but they meant well. However many of Aranor's fellow knights seeked revenge against the new dawn, and a small war ensued. Aranor, however, took little part in it. The kingdom of Pendor was unified after many wars, and the grandmaster of the Dawn died.

Aranor, being the champion of the Dawn, was named the grandmaster. He is only now in his mid thirties, and much beloved throughout Pendor. He is a good friend of the king, and lord of Avendor. He is well beloved of the people, but refrains himself from politics. His usual haunt is now the grand cathedral of Astreaea in Avendor, where he preaches to the people.

PROS: Very skilled fighter, good friend of most of the villages of pendor especially Fierdsvain, very honor-bound, renowned in Barclay, and Pendor. Never runs from a fight, well-traveled, and has the devotion of his fellow knights. Fights with sword and bow. Blessed by Astraea.

CONS: Fanatical, head-strong, prideful (wont back down from a fight), honor-bound, cant use a lance, slightly distrustful of knights of eventide (due to past experiances) , and hates the heretics to a point of obsession.

Order of Choice: Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet

Name of Person: Lord Commander Colm Stoutheart.  More commonly known and addressed by his men as "The harlequin"

What is your story: Colm Stoutheart was born to a simple life as the son of a common blacksmith in far off Ruldi at the edges of the Empire's realm.  When he was thirteen A noldor rangers group attacked the village as retribution against the forces of Marius Imperator who had slaughtered a group of Noldor.  This retribution involved the killing of many of the villages prominent men.  While Colm's father would have been saved he spoke up and tried to save the life of the village elder who had been a good man.  The Noldor took offense to his bravery and decided he deserved a special fate.  They set him loose alone in the woods and had a hunt.  When they brought back his head and threw it at the feet of his weeping widow Colm flew into a mighty rage.  Picking up his fathers nearby scythe he lopped off the head of the Noldor Ranger captain. 

The Noldor decided they would bring him back to Ithilandir their lord.  Ithilandir decided that death would be too gentle a fate for one who killed an eldar.  He cut Colm across the face in an elvish rune for dirt and had his right arm burned to the elbow until a fully functioning but hideous appendage remained.  Then he sentenced him to serve the Noldor woman who's partner he killed.  After 2 years of strenuous and back breaking labor he managed to escape and returned to Ruldi to see his mother and younger sister.  His sister had died of the flux in those years and his mother had committed suicide in a dark depression at the loss of all she loved and the prospect of a forced marriage. 

It was that day Colm Stoutheart made a blood oath.  He would see the Noldor destroyed at the cost of anything.  He thre aside his old name and went known as the Harlequin.

Colm at the tender age of sixteen and already a man full grown went and pledged his service to the lords of Empire.  He served 9 years and became a centurion in Kyros Dux's legion.  He was happy with his life and even beginning to forget his oath pledged so long ago when a man recognized him from Ruldi.  This man had kow towed to the Noldor when they came and simpered and had made advances on Colm's mother when his sister was sick.  He had ended up trying to force his mother into a marriage she had rather died than enter into.  In a fit of rage at seeing the man who tormented his mother Colm snuffed out the life of this man.  Despite his honorable standing in the legion nothing awaited him anymore.  He was not charged with a crime but his superiors wished him to leave their employ.  He did so gladly and set sail to the far lands of Barclay and Mettenheim.  He spent the next 10 years honing his skills and serving as a mercenary on both sides at one pointing even commanding his own mercenary company the Forgotten children of Pendor. 

This time however he did not forget his oath.  When he had a considerable fortune assembled he came back to Pendor where he had learned a new king was reigning over the entirety of the Realm.  He was supposedly a mighty warrior but all Colm say was a pathetic trader raised far above his station.  He tried to establish the KOTEG again in the new realm but the king dismissed his petition stating the Noldor were our friends. 

Colm left the court a disgrace and mocked for his many deformities and wounds.  He persevered however and found other men of similar dispositions.  He developed a hatred for the Silvermist rangers when he discovered their beliefs.  Using the considerable fortune made from the wars he assembled a small force of highly trained men all single and with no familial attachments.  He outfitted all in dark black armor and made them wield weapons of humanity and mechanics like the crossbow.  They formed their headquarters in the hill country between the Larian woods and the Jatu plains.  They took oaths of poverty, defense of the weak and chastity.  No man was allowed a partner or material wealth.  No children were ever to be harmed, even Noldor children, Colm's hatred did not run so deep as to forget the pain he suffered as a child.  They trade with the Jatu the spoils and prisoners they take from constant battle with the Noldor and the Silvermist.  For this trade the ROTCC also hate them. 

The Harlequin occasionally enters into battle with his right arm bare the skin still disfigured and blackened after all these years from Noldor fire.  TheNoldor have come to believe him to be some demonic spawn sent to destroy them by angry Gods.  He always bares his face after battle to show the Noldor that they had been defeated by mere dirt.   

THe KOTEG spend all of their loot on equipping their men in the latest battle gear and recruiting any man willing to swear their oaths.   

Pros: One of the most prodigious fighters in all of Pendor he is a giant of a man in peak physical condition.  He is famed for his speed and power he is one of the largest men most people meets.  He has seen as much or more fighting than anyone else during his time overseas and as an Empire Centurion.  One of the most accurate crossbowmen in all of the land.  He is a tactical genius and has extensive experience leading men in battle.  Honorable and spartan in his lifestyle he forsakes all material wealth and comforts and encourages his men to do the same. Charismatic to fighting men.  Common men love him for being a rags to riches type story.

Mixed: Brutally committed to justice.  He sees no grey areas in law and everything is black and white.

Cons: Fanatically loathes the Noldor and Silvermist to a lesser extent.  Is common born and always looked down upon by nobles.  Cannot ride a horse and has no interest in the bow.  While charismatic he does not get along well with the kind of people who do well in court.  When angered he never forgets and seldom forgives. 

Obviously order politics can change but i thought this austere life sort of fits fanatical killers.

Order: Silvermist Rangers

Story: I fear i overshot the mark a bit, but i just felt like writing a short story this night, so here it is:
Iskar sat in front of his parents' house. Again and again he waved his little hands through the almost opaque damp air and, captivated, watched the tiny water drops settle down on them. During the night sea fret had crept up from the coast and even now as the day drew to a close the small village of Buillin was completely hidden in thick greenish foggy mists that dampened all sounds. Iskar heard the almost muted tapping of feet and moments later the fog spit out next-door Valma, the mother of little Eirena, whom he often played with. Valma was a middle-aged woman with thick brown hair and always a firm glance in her eyes. She shortly tousled his hair, more by routine than affection, and said: “Is your dear mum at home, Iskar?” while already entering the house without expecting any answer.
Through the open door he heard the two women chatting within. They were talking about what could have delayed the return of the men from the outer fields.
Suddenly another figure broke out of the greenish mists. It was Norwell, the village elder, who was too old to work on the fields, but he seemed stricken with fear, his eyes wide opened. “Run!”, he yelled. There was a noise like the hissing of an angry snake and Norwell fell dead with a bolt in his back. Now there were cries of fear everywhere, moving shadows in the greenish fog and deep, almost hollow hisses. Iskar was petrified. His mother rushed out of the house and tried to drag him in, but men armed with crossbows and pictures of snakes on their armour emerged from the mists and rudely pushed them to the village square. With horror Iskar perceived that his father and the other men had already been handcuffed and now helplessly sat at the centre of the square. They were all pushed together with the men in snake armour guarding them. Then out of the fog a cold hissing voice said: “Our godesss will be mosst pleassed by today'ss sspoil. Ssey shall become obedient sservantss of … .” The whizzing of an arrow abruptly ended the fearsome speech. A great turmoil arose. There were fighting shadows everywhere, more arrows cutting through the fog, followed by cries of death. Their guardians turned to flee but silvery figures on svelte horses appeared in the mists, chasing them and cutting them down. The fog lifted a bit and still terrified Iskar could see a tall figure clad in armour that glittered like the sea in the morning sun approaching them on the noblest of horses he had ever seen.
The figure looked like a man, but pointed ears stuck out of his long hair. “They must be the Noldor, of which Norwell always told stories.”, Iskar thought.
The Noldo said something to another figure beside him which Iskar could not understand and then turned to the horrified  village population. He spoke as if it was torture for him to use their language. “You were lucky we never let go of our prey. We followed this group of cultist since we have encountered them near our woods.” He looked down on them and Iskar could see the disdain in his eyes. But wasn't there also a bit of pity? “Usually we don't care for saving the lives of humans”, he added, “you had better be grateful.” He yelled something, turned his horse and the whole group rode off into the now silvery mists. “Thank you”, Iskar whispered.

I had to split it, because the story is too long for one post ... :roll:

Soon after this day Kyros Dux had a local militia installed in Buillin and every man capable of bearing arms had to attend basic military training to defend the village against any further attacks of the snake cult. Since that foggy day Iskar often dreamed of the whizzing arrows and the Noldo's disdainful look. “Will I ever be able to earn the respect of those beings?”, he wondered and with fervour he jumped at the bow and arrow practice as soon as he was old enough and it wasn't long until he became the best archer far and wide.
As they grew up, Iskar and Eirena happened to fall in love. Some time later they married and about a year later Eirena gave birth to a son, whom they named Nolthar.

Then one day not long after that the watch on the lookout point on top of the old mill shouted alarums. A snake cult party was heading for the village. The militia was called together and took stand at the outskirts of the village. Iskar stood among the rear ranks, firmly gripping his longbow. Fear struck the men as the cultists approached. They were accompanied by half a dozen steel clad knights on black, netherworldly horses. “Anaconda knights”, Iskar thought. “Thiss village shall not again ressisst uss. Take no prissonerss, ssacrifice ssem immediately to sse greater glory of our godesss!” cried the priestess, as they charged into the milita ranks.
The villagers had no chance, they were cut down and overrun. One of the snake knights charged right unto Iskar, who, stricken with fear and rather mechanically than deliberately, raised his bow and aimed at the head. He let the bowstring go and seconds later the knight fell of his horse. But the horse itself did not stop and the last thing he saw was a pair of  black nostrils.

The following weeks were like a bad dream to him. When he awoke the smell of smoke and fire filled his nose. The  cultists had burned down the whole village. Unidentifiable corpses lay in the smouldering ruins. Desperately he sought his beloved ones, but to no avail. A patrol from Cez found him, teetering deliriously among the ruins.
As the iron grasp of grief loosened he started roaming the woods east of walven castle, living on what the forest provided him. Yet, life was but a gray sequence of insignificant days to him. From travellers he heard that the wars had ceased and one king had united all of Pendor, but it meant nothing to him.
Until one misty day in autumn.
He had been hunting for today's lunch when he heard the sound of fighting nearby. Silently he drew nearer, hiding in the  thick understorey. On a glade a Noldo was fighting three Jatu on armoured steppe horses. His horse had been wounded by a Jatu lance and lay bleeding on the ground. The Noldo, too, had taken several wounds, but there were already some Jatu watering the forest soil with their blood. Bravely he was trying to fence of the three lancers who were constantly charging at him and then withdrawing, evading the blows of his sword. The Noldo turned around to defend against a new attack and now Iskar could see his eyes. He knew these eyes, he had known them since that foggy day years ago.
All of a sudden he made a decision. An arrow left his bowstring and one of the Jatu joined his dead comrades on the ground.  The two others were puzzled by this turn of events and before they could get hold of themselves the Noldo swung his sword at one of them while the third one was hit by another arrow.  The Noldo turned to the bush behind which Iskar was hiding. “I presume you know that we kill any humans who dare enter our woods, not only the Jatu”, he said and continued: “But … .” Then, just for a moment, the disdain vanished from his eyes and he briefly said: “Well, thank you” and turned to go. Before he vanished into the woods he turned around one last time and said: “There is someone you might want to meet. Ask for Quigfen in Laria.” Then he vanished into the silvery mists of the wood.

Quigfen turned out to be a Noldo living among the people of Laria to ensure some basic trade relations for his kin.
“Aeldarian has spoken highly of you – for a human that is”, he said to Iskar. “There is a certain Order among your race, dedicated to our way of fighting with bow an arrows and respectful in its actions towards us. An archer as you seem to be will surely be accepted into their ranks, especially with a recommendation from me.”

His superior handling of the bow soon earned him the acceptance and esteem of his fellow knights and given his good relationship with Lord Aeldarian he was often sent as emissary to the Noldor. He became commander of a platoon of rangers, protecting the villages of Pendor from Heretic raids, and was finally appointed constable of the order, thus being second in command and the right hand of the grandmaster.
Now he was the one to fire the arrow out of the silvery mist.

Abilities: Excellent Archer, trained since childhood. personal relation with the Noldor, predestining him to take care of the trade agreements. very helpful towards peasants, knowing of his own fate (--> story) and wanting to save other people from such grief.

Weaknesses: Sometimes he is overcome by a depressive mood because of the loss of his loved ones (--> story) rendering him despaired and without motivation. He also is not too charismatic. Therefore he is not the best choice as grandmaster. Moreover his melee skills are nothing to be proud of and he prefers to shoot enemies before they approach.

“Some men are born to the throne, others take it with a sword in hand. However, other men deserve the throne because they are meant to sit upon it. You are of the latter, my king.” ~ Sir Darlion of Pendor

Order of Choice: The Order of the Griffon (Griffin)

Name of Person: Sir Darlion of Pendor

What is your story of how you "became" leader: Being the great-great-great grandbastard of the last blood king of Pendor is a bittersweet honour when another man sits upon the throne. Sir Darlion's great-great grandfather saw his rightful position of king stolen from him, and was sold into slavery so that a corrupt and unjust man could take the seat of power. When the king's bastard returned to Pendor, it was in disgrace, as not a soul would believe his claims of parentage.

Left with the choice between becoming a simple farmer, or a sword for hire, Sir Darlion's great-great grandfather chose the later, and tried to build a new life for himself. Which he did spectacularly.

Four generations of mercenary work, and tales of a throne rightfully belonging to Sir Darlion's family followed, until Sir Darlion himself entered manhood. As a youth, he had always been enthralled by the idea of being the rightful king, moreso than any of Darlion's fathers before him. He spent much of his time trying to learn the ways of the court, observing how his employers held themselves and spoke. As such, when he walked, it was if he were above lesser men. It was because of this, that when it came time for him to lead his own company of mercenaries, his men dubbed him “Sir” Darlion. Which only further fuelled his growing lust for the throne on which king Ulric sat.

As he and his men fought in more battles, and became seasoned warriors, he began thinking back to the stories of his father, stories about the Knights of the Griffon. Men who loyally served the bloodline of the true king, an order than had been disbanded and outlawed. Eventually, when he had the funds, he bought a suit of plate for all of his troops, with the insignia of the Griffon displayed proudly on the front. The day that his men received the armour, Sir Darlion knighted each and every one of his men, and the Order of the Griffon was reborn.

Yet, that act made all of them outlaws in the eyes of Sarleon, and the company had to flee the kingdom, and take up residence in other lands. Sir Darlion kept up his mercenary work, however as time went on his youthful dreams of being king faded, though his outlawing by king Ulric kept his hatred for the man burning strong. So when word came that the king was to hold a feast, along with a great hunt to entertain his lord, Sir Darlion rode out with his men, and struck.

They ambushed Ulric while the king and his men were still on the road, travelling through the woods outside of Sarleon towards their destination. Dismounted as they charged out of the woods, Sir Darlion and his knights were fighting at a disadvantage against the Knights of the Lion, the king's personal guard. However, Ulric's horse was struck down as the king rallied his men, and fearing for their master's safety, the knights grabbed their king and beat a hasty retreat, leaving some men behind to distract Sir Darlion's man. In the end, it was a bloody engagement for both sides. The Knights of the Griffon won the engagement, but failed to achieve their goal. Frustrated, Sir Darlion kicked the king's dead steed, and was puzzled as a small ring fell out of one of the pouches tied to the side.

As he reached down to pick it up, the ring began to glow. Puzzled, Sir Darlion pocketed the ring, and hastened his men away from the battlefield, before reinforcements could arrive. From then on, Sir Darlion began spending his mercenary pay on hiring scholars, to try and gleam any information about the ring. It took three months, but finally he came upon a loremaster near Rane, being escorted by a company of Knights of the Raven Spear. It was there that Sir Darlion was told about a legend regarding the signet of Pendor's old king, and how it would glow only when held by one who shared the blood of the royal family.

With his lineage confirmed, Sir Darlion's passion for becoming king flared once more, and he ended his work as a mercenary. Instead, he travelled the land in search of allies, finding refuge in the towns outside of Sarleon, whose lords wouldn't shed a tear if the throne of Sarleon was taken by another. Indeed, if there was a civil war, they could even profit from it. However, none of the lords would back his claim officially, and as weeks turned to months, many of his knights left him. Without the prospect of steady income, only his most loyal of soldiers still followed him. Sir Darlion began to despair that he would be another failure in his family, left to live the life of a common man, until he met his future king.

Why Mordred chose to enter the court of Valonbray that day, Sir Darlion never asked, but Mordred held himself like a lord, and desperate, Sir Darlion walked up to the man immediately and explained his plight, asking for help. The two men talked for an hour over dinner. Mordred had been making a name for himself as a skilled commander, and led a sizeable army across Pendor, making what money he could fighting all sorts of banditry, from Jatu to the Red Brotherhood. The future king had a distaste for the corrupt rulership in Pendor, and agreed to help place Sir Darlion on the throne of Sarleon, in exchange for help from the Knights of the Griffon.

And so a partnership that would span decades was started, and Sir Darlion would be changed forever by the experience. While his own men were loyal to him, over the next few months Sir Darlion would be continually amazed by the love Mordred's troops had for the future king. He traveled around the camp at mealtimes and spoke with his soldiers. He fought on the front lines with the men he asked to die for him. He wasn't just a good commander, he was kingly. As time went on, Sir Darlion spoke more and more with Mordred, and found himself following orders more than giving them. Mordred kept the Knights of the Griffon close to him in battle, prefering to use them as the hammer to crash against his enemies time and time again. So even during battle the two were never far apart.

Admiration turned to friendship, and as their army grew, Sir Darlion almost forgot about his plans for kingship, instead enjoying the life that brought back memories of his not-too-distant mercenary days. Until, that is, Mordred decided they finally had the strength to strike a blow against the current lords of Pendor. He knew they needed land of their own to field an army large enough to do battle with the kings of Pendor, and a ripe target had just presented itself. The city of Sarleon itself had just exchanged hand for the third time in months, in a bitter war between the Empire and Sarleon. The garrison was weak, and king Ulric had moved his court deeper into Sarleon lands, to the city of Avendor.

The night before the siege, Mordred confided in Sir Darlion about the Goddess's wish, and his dream of uniting Pendor under one banner. He said that he would honour their agreement, and place Sir Darlion upon the throne, but that the two would have to come to blows one day in the future. Started, Sir Darlion left without a word, and made his way back to his tent, to think upon the info that had just been shared with him.

The two would not speak again, until the walls of Sarleon had been scaled, and the city changed hands yet again, this time to a new set of conquerers. Mordred and his army assembled in the Great Hall to celebrate, where he offered  the king's throne to Sir Darlion.

Torn between the lost honour of his bloodline, and his friendship with the king, Sir Darlion remained silent for many moments. Not a soldier dared to cough as the tension grew. At last though, Sir Darlion let out a sigh, his childhood dreams of kingship escaping with that breath. He then knelt in front of Mordred, and offered up his sword.

“Some men are born to the throne, others take it with a sword in hand. However, other men deserve the throne because they are meant to sit upon it. You are of the latter, my king.”

And it was with those words, that the Kingdom of Pendor was founded. The chapter for the Knights of the Lion was quickly torn down, and replaced by that of the Order of the Griffon. Sir Darlion was elected grand-master, and set about preparing the defences of Sarleon against an expected counter-attack from king Ulric.

It never came. With the Empire quickly wearing down the armies of Sarleon, the king accepted Mordred's offer of peace immediately. It was a mistake that would eventually cost Ulric the rest of his country.

The next few years saw the land of Pendor burned and bloodied. Demons led armies of heretics, rebellions sprung up all over Pendor, some assisted by king Mordred himself. Sir Darlion kept by the king at all times, declining to lead an army of his own. Instead, he and his knights guarded their warrior-king in battle, as he went up against all of the armies of Pendor.

And won.

Now, with united under one banner, Sir Darlion mostly manages the political affairs of the Order of the Griffon. Since the end of the war, their numbers have been greatly reduced, yet they still remain one of the largest knighthood orders in Pendor, with many a boy carrying dreams of guarding the king. With growing unrest from disgruntled knighthoods around Pendor though, Sir Darlion finds himself itching for battle once more, even as he trains his replacement as commander.

Perks: Sir Darlion is a commander of great skill, able to win the loyalty of his troops. In battle, he is an accomplished warrior, and can hold his own against most foes. While he is no scholar, he has a knack for practical intelligence, and prefers to think before acting.

Weaknesses: Sir Darlion's devout loyalty to the king puts him at odds sometimes with the king's advisors and lords. Even a plan by the king that is obviously bad will be supported by Darlion, who will argue to the point of violence with those who see flaws in it.

Order of Choice: Knights of the Eventide

Name of Person:
Azlanek of Tantal

Additional Titles:
Blackguard of the Eventide, Protector of Singal, true Disciple of Astraea, Secret head of the cabal of the twisted heart (heretic Cult of Erida Occisor)

What is your story of how you "became" leader:
Little is known about the ominous head of the Order of the Eventide. His past remains shrouded in mystery and Azlanek does not seem to mind the gossip. In fact he is known to actively encourage it, for whatever reasons.

Some claim he is yet another noble scion who left Barclay with the banishment of the Knights of the Dawn. Indeed in the midst of Barclay there once was a little place called Tantal, ruled by some minor noble family, but both the village and the estate were razed some time ago by unknown villians. Nothing but ashes remained. Rumour has it this crime was committed by no other but the Knights of the Dawn themselves. Every breathing member of the Order denies this, and no sword-brother recalls ever having heard of a knight called Azlanek, let alone ever having fought alongside him. Yet, nobody inside the order can be sure that this is his real name, nor that he had lived among them under a different one without them noticing.

Others say he was born in Sarleon and led a simply life as an architect, until one day he was captured by a group of heretics. They put him on one of their altars and began a gruesome ritual to offer his soul as sacrifice for their dark Goddess and nourishment for one of her demonic servants. But something went wrong. The ritual was interrupted at its peak, as Knights of the Dawn charged into the heretics' hideout and slayed them all. Azlanek miraculously survived, but his soul had been forever tainted by the foul magic unleashed during the ceremony. The Knights already prepared to kill him as well, when their leader stopped them and decided to take him to Valonbray to study the magic of their enemies. As this story goes on, Azlanek's life becomes part of the very conflict that caused the schism inside the Order of the Dawn, and the Knights of the Eventide took him with them as they left.

Another rumour tells how a brigand, sometimes a heretic, by the name of Azlanek managed to sneak up upon a lonely knight of the order and murder him in his sleep. As he went through his possessions, Azlanek is said to have noticed that the dead knight bore a striking resemblance to himself. From a pack of personal letters he gathered what information he could about his victim. After a week of practice he returned to Valonbray, having not only stolen the knights wealth, but also his very identity.

But not all stories mark him with an inherent vice. Some portray him as the most virtuous knight in history, some claim he is a blessed abbot or even a saint, a romantic philosopher or the chosen redeemer of the Order of the Dawn. Even more worrisome; these versions seem so spread, along with the notion that the rumours connecting the Eventide to the dark forces are solely born from the Order of the Dawn's blind fanatism.

Whatever the truth may be, the man known as Azlanek appeared at Singal shortly after the schism and rose quickly through the ranks of the Eventide. Soon rivals and superiors alike began to disappear with a remarkable consistency. The Knights of the Dawn always seemed to know where to find them, and those that did not burn at their former brother's hands disappeared quietly during the night. Their bodies were always found on the next mourning, their armour torn open and their corpses mauled beyond recognition by some unknown nightmare.
Before long, the order ran out of people capable of bearing the burden of leadership. It was only a matter of time before it was Azlanek's turn.

Perks: Azlanek has been gifted with a keen insight into the human mind. He is a masterful schemer and diplomat and commands loyalty by the power of his personalty alone. He is a solid swordsman, but it is his vast knowledge about the dark arts that make him a truly formidable opponent.

Weaknesses: Paranoia, Arrogance, Ruthlessness, Devoted to Erida Occisor, (being part of an evil order in a project with far too many “good guys”

A few additional questions, just in case:

Are there any information on what heretic mages can or can't do. How much lore exists on demons? Are demonic weapons possible?

Are the three sisters considered heretics? Did any of them survive? I would love to have one of them as a advisor in Singal.

Since Singal appears to be the haven for all that is evil at the moment, would it theoretically be possible for other players to fill Knights of the Eventide positions with roles like heretic, bandit, assassin or even snakecult remnant?

I've been posting a whole lot here. Well, this got me interested, and I decided to redo my character with a bit more thought into the back-story.

Order: Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet

Name: Mat Cauthan

My Story:

Mat grunted as he drove the stake into the ground, creating a place to picket his pack-horse. The night up here in the forest, it wasn't right. The air was crisp and the night was drawing nigh. No person came this far north, indeed, he had no idea why the Legion was up in these mountains. Yet, ever since they had passed by that lake, he had felt... Watched. Almost as if the trees had eyes. And looking around at the hard faces surrounding him, he knew they felt it to, were uncomfortable because of it. And it took a lot to unsettle these war-hardened veterans.
Walking over to go dicing with the other men, he watched the trees, swearing he saw movement in them. Something wasn't right, his mind told him. But what...? Eventually he tired of it and walked the short distance from the campfire to his bedroll. He always slept a short distance from the campsite, he liked to be able to watch the stars and think about the day. Sighing,  he lay his sword by his side and slipped a stilletto under the folds of his pillow. He had learned that it never hurt to be to careful. Especially in the army.
                                                                                                                                        ~
A scream woke him, then a sharp gurgle. He rolled over, grabbing his sword as he rose. A red tipped arrow hissed down, burying itself where his had been but a few seconds ago. His head still groggy, he looked to see a figure jump from an incredible height out of the branches ahead. He rolled to break his fall, while putting his bow away and drawing a glittering sword.
Looking toward the camp, he saw his fellow Legonnaires fighting... And losing. Jerking his eyes away, he faced the single warrior racing towards him at incredible speed. His sleepyness melted away and he braced himself, holding his sword at a defensive posture. The first blow nearly jarred the sword out of his hands and he barely recovered in time to block the second. It was all he could do to keep the blows off him, and he was fighting a losing battle at that. A thrust at incredible speed toward his right eventually tricked him, it was a feint.
He ended up realing away, his head ringing from the blow given by the hilt of the longsword. He staggered away, but the Noldor had already grabbed his collar and lifted him up. "You have no right to enroach in this land. You should have left when you could. It is to late now. Die, knowing you have danced my sword well." He tossed him away, and raised his sword for the killing blow.
Mat's hand scrabbled towards his pillow, where he had hid his dagger. His hand eventually wrapped around his hilt when the sword was already driving towards his chest. He hit the blade away and throw it at the man... Elf's unprotected face. It drove deep, and the elf dropped his sword, staggering backwards. He scrambled to his feet, and took one look at the approaching elves. He ran, hearing the voices. "What have you done? Mirlde, my son!"
The Noldor caught him quickly, knocking him down, binding him. Mat thought they sought information on the Empire, and he vowed to himself. I shall not break!
                                                                                                                                ~
"The Noldor were... Are, an ancient race! Yet, we allow these... These humans to stand against us. This is inane. We MUST not allow it. I say it is time we move, crush these rats that stand in our way! House Aeldar has spoken, and we will not change our words." Mat blinked, bleerily opening his eyes. The world swum before his eyes, and he stared around him. He stood in a cage, surrounded by Noldor. More words started to ring in his head.
"See? Even know our captive wakes. He has killed my heir, and I will not let him stand for it! I will get my revenge from the death of my son, and you will get the information we need. I, Aeldarian, have spoken, and I shall ask you now, do any oppose me?" The hall shifted, but nobody spoke. Mat hunched. The Noldor's words meant one thing. Torture. But he had served the Empire faithfully for nigh and 15 years, and he would never break now.
"Take him away!" The words seemed to resonate in his head.
                                                                                                                                ~
Mat had vowed to never break, but he broke. The Noldor had methods, ways of doing things that would seem unbecomely to an "ancient" race. And he hated them for it. Hated them for everything. He was beaten, tortured, then healed for the uncoming day. He never forgot it. He wished they had simply sent him to the headsman for killing that Noldor. But the ancients, they are cruel as they are wise.
Eventually he had withdrawn within himself, he had told them everything, in hope that it would finnally end. And he vowed again, that he would never forget, never make this happen to someone else. And they lost intrest in him, down to the point where they had put him in a cell in the deepest dungeon. Then, a guard came down. "Come," he said curtly. "Do not keep the lord waiting. You have probably wondered when it ends. Your wishes are probably going to be granted." He never made it out of the dungeons. His body would eventually be found, its face a mangled mess, and the wall stained with blood.
Mat had made it out of the castle, pretending to be an elf, although it hurt is pride even deeper to have to act like those creatures.
As he ran away, he looked back, but the castle wasn't there. Mat didn't care. It had been hard enough getting out. He never would pass through those oranate gates again. Never again. And he planned to make sure that every single damned Noldor who passed out of those gates lived to regret it.
                                                                                                                              ~
He had fled Pendor, seeking to regain his composure and retrain his scarred body, scarred mind. While on his travels at Mettenhiem he met Colm Stouthart, although he was increasinly well-known as "The Harlquin". He traveled with him, for, although being a fearsome warrior, he was not the most charasmatic person. He changed during those years, becoming an even better soldier then he had before being abducted, while becoming an asset to the KotEG when they were formed. Because he had followed with Harlquin from the beginning he was appointed to his second in command in most bands Colm led, culmitating at the KotEG.

Perks: He is a hard man, and can take an incredible amount of damage and still be able to shrug it off. He is also blessed with sharp reflexes, being able to dodge attacks that most men would not be able to. However his main thing, is his tactical skill. He spent much time in a prison, and the times where he was able to form coherent thought led to much time spent thinking, and analyzing tactics, something that had always interested him.

Weakness: He cannot ride, the only time he has ever used a horse was as a pack horse that he led himself. His Legion training gave him a disdain for the other branch of the army, the crossbowmen.

You said not to ask for anothed order. Since Noldor is not an order, can i roleplay their High King? :razz: I'm only asking here, if it's possible. Anyway, if it's not part of the game i'm going for Shadow Legion's Commander, btw my first try at this long rp so i hope u like it  :razz:

Order of Choice: Shadow Legion
Name of Person: Marcus Caldius Merula
Story: It is year 345, person, Marcus Caldius Merula, born in Cez. He was born as one of the Shadow Legion, and as his family's traditions required, he was raised to be a soldier. He lived the normal life of any child in Cez, although his family was quite wealthy. His father was one of the Shadow Legion's officers, and his pay was more than enough to establish a family. Traditionally, he would retire in his early 50's and leave the continuation of his work for his son. This time was no exception: when Marcus turned 21, his father retired and left his position for his son.

Soon, he was noticed to be a ruthless and cruel leader, who gave no quarter to any opposition. Men were not discontent, though: they were elite warriors and they expected no more than this from their commanders. Marcus, though, was three times worse than any drillmaster they had had in the past. The soldiers were disciplined, so they did not show their discontentness towards Marcus, but sometimes when he stepped in the camp the men suddenly stopped talking, and began muttering to their friends close by. Marcus thought that the men respected, him, though, and did not say a word.

But Marcus was also a very good warrior. In the many patrols he had led he had personally killed numerous brigands and rogue knights, making him very popular in Cez and amongst all orders(except the Knights of the Lion). He became very renowned fighter. But with renown, came discontent. He was discontent of his current rank, he wanted to lead the Legion himself, personally, he wanted people to call him "my lord" and he wanted to be served. From greatness, he fell to proudness, and from proudness he fell to anger. He'd do lots of things to gain the lead of the Shadow Legion; and he had befriended with the commander. Still, it did nothing to further his career.

But he waited patiently. Marcus was already 25, when his first chance appeared. A large force of Rogue Knights had been seen outside Cez, and the Shadow Legion decided to take action. There were about 50 of the mounted knights, so the Shadow Legion would need at least twice the number of men to counter. But Marcus was against this. He stated that many of the men had still a long life to live; and that wasting so many good men would prove disastrous for the Legion. And so it was agreed, that only half the number intended was sent against the Knights. The Shadow Legion began their march, going full speed in fear of raiding Snake Cultists and other enemies. Still, they were a small party and managed to move fastly against the Knights. Two days passed in the steppes, chilly sea wind blowing hard on  their backs and no sightings of the enemies. The Legionnaires had good supplies, but against the cold wind of mountains and the chilly sea wind, their pelts and hide coats did not help. Three days had passed. The scouts had informed that the Knights were on the area, but the Legionaires had not sighted them yet. They decided to make a little camp in the mountains. They had a few trees to protect them from sight, but nothing else except their black armour and black tents which could be turned around, and they'd be white.

On the third day's evening, Marcus heard rumble from the skies. "Is there a storm coming?", he thought, and walked out of the camp. Nobody noticed him, and he went on top of the hill they camped on, and looked into the horizon. His eyes first narrowed in, but then widened out of fear. There were no Rogue Knights. There was a sea of green... the Snake Cult. Their green armour glittering of the moonlight, the host was heading towards the Legion's camp. Marcus ran back, shouting warnings to everyone. The men woke up, and when they heard that the Snake Cultists were coming the men's courage faltered. Under the commander of the Legion, Decimus, the men picked up weapons and clustered in the centre of the camp. Spears and swords pointed out of the circle, and the shields were locked together. Soon, they could already hear the massive noise coming from the thousand horses coming their way at full gallop. The Legionnaires looked at their friends, promising that they'd see in the afterlife. But when the commander looked next to him, he saw nobody. Marcus was not in the camp. He had ran away, but honour had made him keep his armour on. And so the commander saw his armour glitter in the moonlight, and he cursed Marcus: "By my death, you will still die from a hand of a Snake Cultist...you will lose everything you had to them, you will be made honorless and your name will be forgotten by everyone!"Soon, the Snake Cultists crashed in and massacred the Shadow Legion to the last man. But not Marcus.

Marcus returned to Cez, telling them that they'd been ambushed by a huge host of Snake Cultists, and the commander and his second-in-command were dead. And so he was made the commander of the Shadow Legion, and to tell one bit of good about him: if the Shadow Legion would've sent a hundred men, their future would've been much harder. But now due to Marcus's skill in managing the Shadow Legion and that they still had most of their men left, Marcus led the Shadow Legion to a new glory. Nobles joined their ranks in dozens every month, and the Legion was flourishing in gold. They had even made contact with the Noldor, although no pacts were made.

Perks: Immensely skilled and talented melee fighter, very swift and very durable, but he isn't quite as strong as other shadow legionaires. He relies on swiftness of is attacks and sharpness of his blade rather than on strength and mass of his weapon. Due to Noldor teaching he also is a champion archer. He usually leaves leading to his lesser officers and goes to the thick of action himself, but sometimes he's led himself he has always won his battles. He is very determined, although a still learning commander.

-Seems to feel nothing, but only his friends know what he truely is like. He seems to lack good luck, which has made him quite rude and unfriendly towards strangers...

Weaknesses: Greedy for more power, war-mongering, doesn't like anything that does not serve his purposes but is neutral towards those who he has no interest. He has few friends, but he trusts them fully - and these friends are an exception. His personality is completely upside-down towards his friends. A still learning commander.

Contacts:

- Officials in several towns(Cez, Ethos)
- Silvermists
- Noldor

M0rdred said:
@ Diablodude, i've been speaking to SD and he had no problems with your version of Sir Darlion, but please keep him forward looking and not dwell too much on his past. This is about his actions now, after the events of PoP3.

Worry not, the past is just a way to get him where he is now. He's not the type of character to dwell the way I see.

So I don't have things like subplots planned involving old merc buddies or any such thing.

Applying for the Knights of the Griffon as a regular knight, please forgive my bad writing:
Name: Sir Azrael
Titles: Master of the Lore
Duties in his Order: Is the master of the Order's archives, keeps a small forge in his quarters and educates new knights in history.
Brief overview of his history
Sir Azrael was born on a rainy summerday to a family of smiths in Senderfall. His father was a master weaponsmith and mother an almost equally skilled goldsmith. The rich mines of Senderfall-region supplied lots of minerals and forging was very profitable. Growing up in a happy home Azrael soon proved to be a prodigy, absorbing all the knowledge his parents could give him in a very short time. During days he would help his parents in the forge, and during evenings he would practice the usage of weapons. When he was 15, his parents sent him to Poinsbruk's university. On his way there he saved a book-seller from a pack of wolves. He sliced the head off from the alpha. In gratitude the merchant gave him a map that showed him the location of Al-Aziz, sadly he still doesn't understand its significance.

In Poinsbruk he started to study history and theology. By the age of 20 he had learned pretty much anything he could learn there and left to start an adventure company, its purpose to gather knowledge from all around Pendor. His company, known as Clear Sky Company, started to gather renown slowly, gathering lost knowledge and crushing all who opposed them. Azrael had also discovered his affinity for lances and used them to deadly effect against his enemies. Exactly one and a half years after founding his company, they engaged a heretic warband much larger than normal. The battle was very evenly matched, Azrael and a demon dueling in the middle of it, a fight no normal warrior could win. Yet Azrael proved to be victorious, his lance piercing the foul creature's skull, and upon death the demon's body vanished leaving behind his armor and a small gem. Azrael calmly picked it up and joined the still-ensuing battle giving them the edge to emerge victorious, with high casualties though. After the battle, Azrael ordered his company to travel to Marleons while he would himself go to a location near Avendor. When he returned two days later, he carried an azure two-handed sword with a strange design. Azrael refused to answer any of the questions his adventurers asked. The company continued their adventures for half a year until they got dragged into a fight with a peasant revolt. The rebels got brutally crushed by the better-equipped and more skilled adventurers. Soon after the battle, Azrael disbanded the company in guilt. He himself sought solace in his parents' old forge (The parents had died a few months before in an accident) making weapons. After a year of working he joined the Knights of the Griffon, hoping to help the people of Pendor better.

Nowadays Azrael is most likely found in his personal forge, crafting an armor or weapon for some lucky knight, or in the archives copying an ancient tome. When going to battle, he usually uses his lance when mounted (to very great effect) and Godspeed, which has served him well and probably always will. His longsword is used only when necessary.

Pros: Master smith, Extremely intelligent (= Learns very fast and has a good memory), Very fast and agile, perhaps one of the greatest lancers in whole Pendor, very curious. And the Azure Two-Handed Sword...

Cons: A little pessimistic, hopeless with ranged weapons (He can't aim properly), lacks much in sheer strength as his emphasis is on speed, can be stubborn, gets easily suspicious for no reason, poor strategist and doesn't like arguments.

Contacts:
- Has several friends in Senderfall and Poinsbruk
- His old second-in command lives in Marleons

Edit September 7th: Added trivia and corrected mistakes
Edit September 26th: Some necessary modifications

Order of the Griffon Leader: Sir Darlion of Pendor (player still needed)

^that confused me...

OK then, King Mordred, I apply as High Commander Sajuuk for the Knights of the Eventide

Same perks, story goes like this:

High Commander Sajuuk had still retained his power despite the multitude of changes that occurred in the newly founded Kingdom of Pendor. Still based in Singal and still recruiting Heretics among their own. The war against the Knights of the Dawn still boils in his blood, and, for some reason, the numbers of the Eventides are growing like never before. However, they're left unchecked, so no one knows what's truly happening.

One thing is known for sure: after Singal has fallen to King Mordred, one Knight was standing still, guarding the entrance to an orphanage built by the Eventides for the Heretics...

"I am High Commander Sajuuk, commander of all Eventide Knights and defender of all the poor souls who'd fallen to Erida Occisor! This building you shalln't enter, lest you face my blade and my arm!"

Since then, word had spread of Sajuuk, defender of Heretics, master of Eventides, last man standing in Singal.

Positive traits:
+exceptional warrior
+good logic
+persuasive
+strong hearted

Negative traits:
-narrow-minded
-cold-hearted
-stubborn
-unscrupulous

Weapon:
Zweihander__by_Zeppi_il_Hafi.jpg

Order of Choice: Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet
Name of Person: Sir Ardensius
What is your story of how you "became" leader: I was raised in a noble household, and taught all that is required of a man of esteem. My father, although loving, had been raised with bigotry and intolerance, views that he adopted at a very young age, and passed on to me. When I reached 18, I left my home to become a page under a local respected knight, he taught me the ways of the sword and chivalry, and eventually I had completed my patronage. I was given a few silver pieces and a horse, and sent on my way. During my travels, I encountered a recruitment officer of the Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet, we spoke for hours on end, he explained to me the Ebony Gauntlet ways, which were highly identical to my own. So I decided to join, and have been a member ever since.
Perks: Decisive, loyal
Weaknesses: Hot tempered, racist

(Dunno if I'm supposed to include this, but I am applying for the 2nd in command position)

Order of Choice: Order of Eventide (ordinary knight)

Name of Person: Sir Relatrion

Background:
Though Relatrion was born in the D'Shar lands, he was not of D'Shar origin. His parents was born and raised in The Empire, and as so, Relatrion didn't look like the other D'Shar kids, which they would spend most of their time bullying him about.
Hatred grew strong in Relatrion, and he spend most of his time alone, talking to himself and cutting selfmade symbols into his skin.
Sir Relatrion as we know him today is a partially insane and sadistic, but how he truly became so, is uncertain. All we know is how his parents was tortured and murdered in a raid on Yasin. In the turmoil we know how Relatrion murdered other children in sick ways. Some even claim it was Relatrion who tortured and later murdered his own parents, but this however is uncertain.

What happened in Relatrions life, after this event is a mystery. But he was most likely recruited by Heretics who taught him about Erida Occisor. He was also taught how to use different weapons, he grew fond of the morningstar and swords combined with a shield, which today still is his weapons of choice, but is known to use daggers and hatchets when abducting and torturing people.

Relatrion was found by The Order of Eventide in a corner of a cave, surrounded by other dead heretics. Apparently The Order of the Dawn had caught the heretics off guard while preparing a grand sacrifice. How Relatrion survived is unknown, but The Order of Eventide found a madman, talking to himself (or Erida Occisor as he said, he was talking to). Relatrion tried to fend the knights off, swinging his morningstar wild and uncontrolled, but the trained knights quickly disarmed him, and took him with them.

What happened next, is again clouded in mystery. But it seems like The Order of Eventide, learned Relatrion how to conceal his sadistic and brutal ways, learned to master his weapons and hide his insane and twisted mind from other people.
Today one could mistake him for just another knight. What lures under the surface of his appearance is only known by few outside The Order of Eventide.

Perks: physically strong. Sword, morningstar and shield mastery. Unquestionably loyal to his grandmaster.

Weaknesses: Arrogant. Sadistic. True believer of Erida Occisor. Racist. Violent. Insane (though hiding it).

Morningstar:
mace.jpg
Though the weapon is abit longer like in POP (1H/2H weapon)

Sorry everyone, ive had a busy day and no computer time, ill be spending a bit adding the applicants that have submitted thus far, as for Sir Darlion of Pendor, he is no longer available, sorry I did not address this earlier since I couldnt. But Diablodude has his story set up straight and good for him. But Im looking for any others who revamp their storys. Also Im adding an additional line or fixes how you became leader, to something that can include the other parts. Thanks, and keep posting!

Am I accepted? Sorry for my lack of patience, but I should know if it's worth revamping the story or not, I really love the Eventides so far and it's my first attempt at roleplaying.

Sajuuk333 said:
Order of the Griffon Leader: Sir Darlion of Pendor (player still needed)

^that confused me...

OK then, King Mordred, I apply as High Commander Sajuuk for the Knights of the Eventide

Same perks, story goes like this:

High Commander Sajuuk had still retained his power despite the multitude of changes that occurred in the newly founded Kingdom of Pendor. Still based in Singal and still recruiting Heretics among their own. The war against the Knights of the Dawn still boils in his blood, and, for some reason, the numbers of the Eventides are growing like never before. However, they're left unchecked, so no one knows what's truly happening.

One thing is known for sure: after Singal has fallen to King Mordred, one Knight was standing still, guarding the entrance to an orphanage built by the Eventides for the Heretics...

"I am High Commander Sajuuk, commander of all Eventide Knights and defender of all the poor souls who'd fallen to Erida Occisor! This building you shalln't enter, lest you face my blade and my arm!"

Since then, word had spread of Sajuuk, defender of Heretics, master of Eventides, last man standing in Singal.

Positive traits:
+exceptional warrior
+good logic
+persuasive
+strong hearted

Negative traits:
-narrow-minded
-cold-hearted
-stubborn
-unscrupulous

Weapon:
Zweihander__by_Zeppi_il_Hafi.jpg

Im afraid the lore is somewhat not acceptable here, as where the Eventides would not simply apply to King M0rdred at first...Singal has not fallen but become a more of a underground independent rule from other powers and Heretics for some reason been flocking to Singal, Singal is not liberated or attacked. And im afraid a leader has already been chosen sorry, but revamp your story and ill add you. Also please follow the guidelines that are on the first page since they help me sort information out and learn your characters as much as I can in an organized fashion, but thank you for applying, just work around your story a bit :wink:

Back
Top Bottom