[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jammer33man said:
So Im nearing day 700 and I remember stat loss being a thing in Warband. Does this still happen for PoP 3.8?

If it does, will TweakMB still work to disable it?

If it does, you've still got a long way to go before it kicks in. I've had games go over 1300 days without it happening

jammer33man said:
So Im nearing day 700 and I remember stat loss being a thing in Warband. Does this still happen for PoP 3.8?

Not happening in PoP if you eat some Dragon tear gems.

You lose stats in native due to you are running out of luck, but in PoP you can bump your luck by eating dragon tear gems.

In warband, it starts on day 757 and once you go over that day, its randomized, both if you may or not lose a skill point, and the skill point you lose. Whenever you drop a skill point, you get notified in the chat it seems.

Tbh, I didnt know this "skill decay" even existed, I had to search up for it, i never suffered it as i try to make my games efficient... I guess that happens as well in PoP, as its based on Warband, but idk if that key day was changed or the whole "feature" was removed. I dont like that feature, as you drop skills whilst you still remain at the same level, making progression harder, so thats another reason not to delay games over day 700 :smile:

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
jammer33man said:

You lose stats in native due to you are running out of luck, but in PoP you can bump your luck by eating dragon tear gems.

SO that's what they mean by the gems "increasing your luck"? I never knew luck was a real stat in this game and just assumed that line was just the typical snake oil pitch, like "it will increase your luck and make your hair grow back"

Lord Irontoe said:
Latis the Darkgryphon said:
jammer33man said:

SO that's what they mean by the gems "increasing your luck"? I never knew luck was a real stat in this game and just assumed that line was just the typical snake oil pitch, like "it will increase your luck and make your hair grow back"

You can check your luck by “retire from the adventure” in the camp, in native it is less than 200, but in PoP, if you eat some gems you are likely to have around 300-400, you will almost never run out of luck in PoP.

Is adding battle continuation as a companion something difficult? I had a big argument over it when I was playing PoP, and the mods basically said they wont be adding it ever.  Would it be something difficult to do for myself? I don't remember which mod had it but if I asked the devs of that mod could they theoretically add it? Just for personal use of course. The feature seems so fun, I can't imagine why the devs didn't want to add it as an optional feature (other than it makes the game too easy, even though if this is the case the player can just turn it off, like the other options)

Hi guys. I noticed that after the renovation of the fortress of the Order, the chest in it no longer opens. So conceived? (v 3,:cool:

jazzero said:
Hi guys. I noticed that after the renovation of the fortress of the Order, the chest in it no longer opens. So conceived? (v 3,:cool:

That was wrong since it was designed, if you placed items in that chest you will lose them. The old chest will still exist, but its unreachable. In 3.9 it was fixed, the chests remain to be in both the old and new stronghold, but they're just a visual, they're not accesible, so that bummer of losing items due to this chest will not happen anymore, but imo the visual chest should be removed as well :smile:

Ralyks said:
That was wrong since it was designed, if you placed items in that chest you will lose them. The old chest will still exist, but its unreachable. In 3.9 it was fixed, the chests remain to be in both the old and new stronghold, but they're just a visual, they're not accesible, so that bummer of losing items due to this chest will not happen anymore, but imo the visual chest should be removed as well :smile:

Thanks!

lalllall said:
Does the moral actually make troop flee? Ive played alot and i never seen it

Yes. I'm surprised you haven't seen it? Happens all the time, nearly everybattle, the units will turn tail and run. Low moral can also cause desertion.

harut2k said:
lalllall said:
Does the moral actually make troop flee? Ive played alot and i never seen it

Yes. I'm surprised you haven't seen it? Happens all the time, nearly everybattle, the units will turn tail and run. Low moral can also cause desertion.

You talking about PoP? Ive played other mods like ACOK or AWOIAF (specially in this last one), where a bad start to the fight or if you get killed, will show a message in the chat in a different color saying "because x reason, your army/their army morale has dropped", and you'll see some of your troops start running temporarily away (sometimes they even quit the battlefield). In PoP, I think its still a thing, but its very rare (in my gameplays, i never suffered it, took advantage of it a couple of times, but it triggers when the enemy's army is almost completely annihilated, not "because you lost half of your party very soon" or so...

Maybe this feature could be strengthened a bit, as it adds realism, however it makes fights less boring as a bad start on any of the sides will decide the tides of the battle, instead of having to fight the whole battle. In Pendor, there's no room for cowards!

Somebody knows what is required in order than when you capture a enemy vassal, you talk to him and you're successful in your attempt to make him join you?

I guess its influenced by your persuasion, the personality of the lord, how his kingdom and yours is doing, how good/bad he feels in his kingdom and specially, your relation with him. Does anyone have the numbers or some useful info?

Same for getting a lady to accept marriage, or that his father/brother accepts you to marry his daughter/sister.

Thanks in advance!

Ralyks said:
Somebody knows what is required in order than when you capture a enemy vassal, you talk to him and you're successful in your attempt to make him join you?

I guess its influenced by your persuasion, the personality of the lord, how his kingdom and yours is doing, how good/bad he feels in his kingdom and specially, your relation with him. Does anyone have the numbers or some useful info?

Same for getting a lady to accept marriage, or that his father/brother accepts you to marry his daughter/sister.

Thanks in advance!

To recruit a lord you need a relation with him higher than the following number:

15 + campaign difficulty (0 easy, 5 normal, 10 hard) + number of total centers (1 for castle or village, 2 for town) that the faction your recruited lord belongs to owns – your persuasion skill - number of total centers (1 for castle or village, 2 for town) that YOUR faction owns.

So made I made a new CKO and figured I'd change it up a bit and do Knights as infantry archers and Sergeants as thrower/shieldwall. But when I helped a patrol the Sergeants were in my archer group and knights were in cavalry group. Is there anyway to switch their default group or can I only affect the troops in my party?

Enrak said:
So made I made a new CKO and figured I'd change it up a bit and do Knights as infantry archers and Sergeants as thrower/shieldwall. But when I helped a patrol the Sergeants were in my archer group and knights were in cavalry group. Is there anyway to switch their default group or can I only affect the troops in my party?

Did you change it in the party screen ? Simply taking away horses from Cavalry doesn't switch it into infantry / resp archer group IIRC (it does lower cost thou IIRC) - a bit many "if I recall correctly"  :ohdear:

No I haven't actually recruited any on this playthrough so I haven't had the chance to switch them in my party yet. But what i really want to know is if there is a way to register them as archers and not cav outside of my party. When I helped an order patrol they where assigned to cav and as you might imagine that can get out of hand in a battle, let alone a seige where they are garrisoned.

Not to sure if this is a bug or if I've not built the needed buildings yet or I'm just being plain thick (I vote for this third one) I'm trying to establish a knightly order at shield storm keep, as I have an a knightly order at calendrin? (spelt right?) castle (knights of the phoenix) when I took it have I missed something out building wise at shield storm keep? I'll list below the buildings at the keep:
Shrine
church
tax collectors office
monastery
training grounds
fire brigrade
winery
sanatation standards
skilled craftsmen
chapel
-
And currently got a blacksmith being built... only another 40 days to go