Mount & Stick V0.3-- An OotS-inspired mod for Mount&Blade (for vanille M&B only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Good news mate, you don't really need to know Python. M&b has it's own semi-language, ModuleSystem. It does require Python for the compiling etc, so you will have to install it. I believe you need v 2.7, not 3.x, unless there was another update (I'm using 2.7.2 btw).

The next release will come out this weekend, Saturday evening probably. I only need to do a "long" test, which involves me actually playing for some in-game weeks without debug-mode etc. to do a last test for bugs.After that,  I believe I got some stuff you could help with (like troop balancing and equipment), and once you get a bit used to ModuleSystem syntax you can help design spells and stuff. The spell framework has already been finished, so now it's just a case of writing the spell-code, and then plugging it into the rest of the system (I kept it as simple as possible so I wouldn't forget how it works) :grin:

Oh, and you using M&B and/or Warband?

Just a suggestion, you could change the starting options to the different D&D classes. :smile:

Arcanesaint said:
Good news mate, you don't really need to know Python. M&b has it's own semi-language, ModuleSystem. It does require Python for the compiling etc, so you will have to install it. I believe you need v 2.7, not 3.x, unless there was another update (I'm using 2.7.2 btw).

The next release will come out this weekend, Saturday evening probably. I only need to do a "long" test, which involves me actually playing for some in-game weeks without debug-mode etc. to do a last test for bugs.After that,  I believe I got some stuff you could help with (like troop balancing and equipment), and once you get a bit used to ModuleSystem syntax you can help design spells and stuff. The spell framework has already been finished, so now it's just a case of writing the spell-code, and then plugging it into the rest of the system (I kept it as simple as possible so I wouldn't forget how it works) :grin:

Oh, i know the M&B game had it's own semi-code, i was just stating i have -SOME- experience, but yes. I would be delighted to you help with troop balances and equips, I also use 2.7. And yes, i'm sure i'll get use to it within a week!
And i can use both.

Arcanesaint said:

Mount and blade not warband

Berpol said:
Just a suggestion, you could change the starting options to the different D&D classes. :smile:

That's exactly what I'm planning to do. I already have a starting option where you're born as the son of "a veteran adventurer" (ie: a dungeon-crawler), giving you some sword-fighting and leadership skills. Later on I'm gonna nerf the powerful wizard starting option so it isn't as unbalanced as it is now, and all other starting options will also be changed.

Release v0.3

Here it is at last, Mount&Stick V0.3
Fixes
The no-spellbook needed for casting spells
some typos

Adds
A new magic system, more D&D like (more details below)
An easter egg easily recognizable by those who visit Giantitp.com
In-game instructions for the magic system.
Some miscellaneous stuff.

Magic 2.0
The new Magic System works very different from the previous one. Instead of just buying spells and then throwing them around in combat like a lowly sorceror, you will now prepare your spells and control the tide of battle armed with your brains and your meatshields, like a true wizard.
It works like this:
  • One) Make sure you have a spellbook and some spells (don't buy scrolls, they don't work yet)
  • Two) Go to camp menu and select "access spellbook" -> "manage spell slots"
  • Three) Here you can assign all your current spell slots. The amount of slots you get is determined by this formula:
Code:
X=either your Arcane skill or Divine skill, depending which is highest*
(Spell slots for level)=1+X-(selected level)
So if your Arcane level is 5 that means you get: 5 level I slots, 4 level II slots, 3 level III slots, 2 level IV slots and 1 level V slot.
  • Four) After assigning spells you will not be able to reassign them until midnight (or dawn/late afternoon depending on the starting time of the new game). When you can change them again the game will notify you with a message "Your magical energies have been refreshed"
  • Five) casting a spell can be done from the camp menu (for enchantments) or in battle by pressing "v" to bring up the selector, and "g" to cast. The game will be paused while accessing the selector.
  • Six) when your slots are refreshed your enchantments will also be deactivated. No permanent boosting for you.

Also: please report all bugs you encounter. I will fix the mas soon as possible.

*This is because the cost/reward ratio isn't good enough to warrant a separate spell slot list for Divine and Arcane spells. Once there are more spells in both categories this will change, and a holy symbol will become required for Divine casting.

Hotfix 0.3.1 released now

My apologies guys, apparently I missed one line of bad code that caused the game to crash whenever you started a battle. But the code seemed legit enough to pass through the compiler unscrutinized. It's fixed now.

@idied23: I'd be very happy to have you on the team, I can send you the files now or if you would wait a day or so I could add a small tutorial (via in-code comments) on how to mod units, it's your choice. Sorry for the late response, but I wanted to catch important bugs (like the now-fixed one) before starting on the next release.

Edit: Also, 0.3.2 was released, fixing some typos in the spell purchase window.

This mod is not dead
It may seem to be, with a recent lack of updates. Rest assured however, that work on this project has not been cancelled, but merely postponed until after exams. Once they are over I will get back to work, though if anyone were to create some M&B face keys for the NPCs and send them over, it would certainly speed up the next release.

~~ArcaneSaint, who should really go to bed now to face tomorrows classes.

Okay, exams are over. Grades are good, work on this mod will continue after Christmas (so about tomorrow/the day after tomorrow). With luck, I'll be able to release the new version of this mod somewhere around New Year, perhaps even sooner.

And perhaps now might be a good time to ask if there's anyone able to create custom hair styles. The standard selection of hair/beard-styles in the character creator is limited, and for example, hair like Belkar's, is quite difficult to recreate using the vanilla hair options.

@Lilly112: Are you sure you have the money required to purchase spells, and have a spellbook in your inventory? (also, my apologies for the late response.)

Hmm, could you send me your character and/or save file? Also, the wizards will only offer spells for sale you don't know yet, so if you have selected the wizard beginning you can't buy any spells at all (as you already know them all), other than that I have not been able to replicate this bug, perhaps your copy was corrupted either during "installation" or during download. Do you still have the bug when using a "fresh install" of the mod? And do you experience the bug every new game, or is it limited to one single character? It might be a weird glitch in initialization. Does it only happen in one town, with one specific wizard, or in every town?

Sorry if this seems like a lot of questions, but when hunting bugs like these details are very important, because it's often one line of code giving unexpected results in certain circumstances. Often these bugs are caused by seemingly irrelevant events, which makes them so difficult to trace. That's why a save file, or at least the character "export" file can be useful for fixing.

I love the Kingdom of Where! but could you place they location at what suppose to be Swadia in Native mod please?
Also I have change they give them new equipment and change some troops.
The troop tree of Kingdom of Where I change as this
Recruit > Soldier > Pikeman
                          > Swordsman > Horseman > Knight

> Archer

I hope this mod is still active it would be way too horrible an idea for this mod to die.
Also because of this mod i have read up to the strip 935 before this i didn't know it existed so thank you Arcane Saint.
As a thank you have an internet.

Back
Top Bottom