[OLD THREAD] European Native League: Submission Deadline Passed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
spainer said:
I want ramdom maps & factions!!!

I hate play always with rhodok+closed map or veaguir+open map. Also erase a Swadia of competition...
Yeah, give us Khergits ! And don't say that they are OP. Also Vaegirs are OP on open maps, Rhodoks in defence, Nords in close combat etc etc It really doesn't matter.  :wink:

What is the name of your clan?: Team Rush Rush [RRush]
Are you one of the teams invited to participate in the European Native League?: Yes
Where is your clan based?: Turkey / Europe
Are you willing to fight, only on French and/or German servers?: Yes (RRush_EU_Battle)
Is your clan capable of fielding a 10 man team, once a week? (please provide some screenshots and preferably some evidence that you have recently played scrims of this size or larger): Yes, http://www.rr-gaming.org/inc/images/clanwars/99_1.jpg, http://rr-gaming.org/inc/images/clanwars/91_1.jpg, http://www.rr-gaming.org/inc/images/clanwars/73_3.jpg
Approximately, how many active members does your clan have?: 30
Please provide contact details of 3 active representatives for your clan: Mia, Araf, Joy
When was your clan formed?: June 07, 2010
Do you agree, on behalf of your clan, to abide by the rules of the competition?: Yes

captain lust said:
In most games this would be considered kind of a joke, like a street fighter tourney that randomizes character selection so that players can't get "too good" with their mains.
The only other game I've played semi-competitively (although I was a hopeless failure) is Gears of War. That used random maps and it seemed sensible.

The example you've given of Street Fighter isn't really appropriate, since there are so many characters and most of the skill is dependent on a perfection of style, specific to a certain character or certain characters.

I've just spoken to a friend on steam, who knows a lot more about this than I do. He watches lans and plays games competitively (recently won the socom 4 beta tournament with 32 teams) and he's just told me that there's never map selection, for any major shooter. The maps are prepicked, although not randomised. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to prepick them, due to the nature of Warband's competitive play, randomising works fine but I think it's poor show that you've called not selecting maps a "joke" when clearly, that isn't the case

captain lust said:
It just adds slightly more depth to the metagame of something like this if you know that your opponent's shown a lot of strength with a certain faction on certain map in the past so you have to try and beat it, but maybe they'll pull something else out you had no idea they'd trained. Allowing each clan to be masters at something rather than forcing them to be decent with everything seems more interesting to me and inspires better competition.
Then we are of different opinions.

Apparently I'm in the minority thinking map and faction choice are a valuable part of the game from the people I talked to about it too. You guys all suck and I hope you get sarranids on snowy village every round nc style!

I'm happy to go along with that rule if it's what people want but idk if IG wants to join this yet anyway.

captain lust said:
captain lust said:
In most games this would be considered kind of a joke, like a street fighter tourney that randomizes character selection so that players can't get "too good" with their mains.
The only other game I've played semi-competitively (although I was a hopeless failure) is Gears of War. That used random maps and it seemed sensible.

The example you've given of Street Fighter isn't really appropriate, since there are so many characters and most of the skill is dependent on a perfection of style, specific to a certain character or certain characters.

I've just spoken to a friend on steam, who knows a lot more about this than I do. He watches lans and plays games competitively (recently won the socom 4 beta tournament with 32 teams) and he's just told me that there's never map selection, for any major shooter. The maps are prepicked, although not randomised. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to prepick them, due to the nature of Warband's competitive play, randomising works fune but I think it's poor show that you've called not selecting maps a "joke" when clearly, that isn't the case

captain lust said:
It just adds slightly more depth to the metagame of something like this if you know that your opponent's shown a lot of strength with a certain faction on certain map in the past so you have to try and beat it, but maybe they'll pull something else out you had no idea they'd trained. Allowing each clan to be masters at something rather than forcing them to be decent with everything seems more interesting to me and inspires better competition.
Then we are of different opinions.

Stop talking to yourself =o

captain lust said:
he's just told me that there's never map selection, for any major shooter. The maps are prepicked, although not randomised. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to prepick them, due to the nature of Warband's competitive play, randomising works fune but I think it's poor show that you've called not selecting maps a "joke" when clearly, that isn't the case

For Battlefield 2 in CAL and TWL, a league would always consist of a predetermined selection of maps.

So one would play map 1 in round 1, then map 2 in round 2 and so on.

It did provide a nice and level playing field.

Zheka said:
What about to start after Summer?
I understand it's not the best season for gaming but I think most clans will be able to make it. I'm also planning on making this a repeating event, so any clans that did not make it in this time will be able to enter the next league. Although.. they will start from the bottom.

Úlfheðinn said:
captain lust said:
he's just told me that there's never map selection, for any major shooter. The maps are prepicked, although not randomised. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to prepick them, due to the nature of Warband's competitive play, randomising works fune but I think it's poor show that you've called not selecting maps a "joke" when clearly, that isn't the case
For Battlefield 2 in CAL and TWL, a league would always consist of a predetermined selection of maps.

So one would play map 1 in round 1, then map 2 in round 2 and so on.

It did provide a nice and level playing field.
Yeah I can see how that would work for Battlefield. I am considering putting the maps on rotation, rather than assigning them randomly.

What is the name of your clan?: 3 Ok Akıncıları
Are you one of the teams invited to participate in the European Native League?: No.
Where is your clan based?: Turkey
Are you willing to fight, only on French and/or German servers?: Yes.
Is your clan capable of fielding a 10 man team, once a week? (please provide some screenshots and preferably some evidence that you have recently played scrims of this size or larger): Yes SS 1 & SS 2
Approximately, how many active members does your clan have?: 25
Please provide contact details of 3 active representatives for your clan: M.ArdA Bambama Mawi
When was your clan formed?: December 2009
Do you agree, on behalf of your clan, to abide by the rules of the competition?: Yes.

What is the name of your clan?: Wolves
Are you one of the teams invited to participate in the European Native League?: Yes
Where is your clan based?: Poland
Are you willing to fight, only on French and/or German servers?: Not sure
Is your clan capable of fielding a 10 man team, once a week? (please provide some screenshots and preferably some evidence that you have recently played scrims of this size or larger): Yes.
Approximately, how many active members does your clan have?: 20
Please provide contact details of 3 active representatives for your clan: New_One_FTW, Okocha, LoR
When was your clan formed?: 2010/05/12
Do you agree, on behalf of your clan, to abide by the rules of the competition?: Yes

What is the name of your clan?: Anatolian Guards
Are you one of the teams invited to participate in the European Native League?: Yes.
Where is your clan based?: Turkey.
Is your clan capable of fielding a 10 man team, once a week? (please provide some screenshots and preferably some evidence that you have recently played scrims of this size or larger): Yes. First & Second
Approximately, how many active members does your clan have?: 25
Please provide contact details of 3 active representatives for your clan: SeRiMoLi, Xaiei, Ezop
When was your clan formed?: 2010, December 11
Do you agree, on behalf of your clan, to abide by the rules of the competition?: Yes.

What is the name of your clan?: Order Of The Red God ( oRG )
Are you one of the teams invited to participate in the European Native League?: No.
Where is your clan based?: All over Europe, we have swedes, brits, as well as dutch and belgian members.
Is your clan capable of fielding a 10 man team, once a week? (please provide some screenshots and preferably some evidence that you have recently played scrims of this size or larger): Yes: Pics will come soon.
Approximately, how many active members does your clan have?: 15-18
Please provide contact details of 3 active representatives for your clan: On Steam: le_roux666 , zchnullmund , Olov666
When was your clan formed?: Almost 5 months ago.

What is the name of your clan?: Refesesesesferes [REF]
Where is your clan based?: Poland
Are you willing to fight, only on French and/or German servers?: Yes if both teams will have the same ping, in other case better solution should be find.
Is your clan capable of fielding a 10 man team, once a week? (please provide some screenshots and preferably some evidence that you have recently played scrims of this size or larger): Yes, but you have to believe it our word for it. We never show screens from unofficial scrims.
Approximately, how many active members does your clan have?: About 25
Please provide contact details of 3 active representatives for your clan:
When was your clan formed?: 01.05.2010

We will be glad to see a poll for using Khergits in league.

On the NC, my team had Snowy Village in every match, exept 2 times against NA teams. So where is your variety?
What do you think about this: Give a pool of factions and maps that clans can use during the tournament. For example, 2x Nord Town, 2x Village etc...  :wink:. It would be nice compromise.

What about the game admins?

In the rules it says "The event admins will have the final say. If a dispute does not fall in your favour or you are unhappy with a decision, you must accept it."

Who are these game admins?
Who chooses them?
What criteria do they have to fulfil?
Is there a council of admins or is there a hierarchy?
Are they impartial, ie. forbidden to participate in the tournament themselves?

You should totally be Admin, as should be Corsair.

Maybe you could be Main Admin and CoRsair your second?

We have enough teams, let's STAAAART this instead of being administrative turtles.
The 8-10 teams we have already seem to be all preparated and motivated so let's not wait for the slowpoke clans and start this.
There will still be time to arrange a second league for late joiners later.

arsenic_vengeur said:
We have enough teams, let's STAAAART this instead of being administrative turtles.
The 8-10 teams we have already seem to be all preparated and motivated so let's not wait for the slowpoke clans and start this.
There will still be time to arrange a second league for late joiners later.

So make a dead-line for 01/06/2011 and then start before it? Good thing you're not one of those administrative turtles! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom