[Outdated] Warband MapManager [v0.9] = OLD/DEPRECATED/IGNORE

Users who are viewing this thread

I've tried running as an administrator. It gets the same errors.

I can use the map editor, but the copy files back to warband mod doesn't seem to work. And if I add a mod, then it goes back to having the same problem as yesterday where I couldn't do anything, not even close the program.

You should try programming in 3.5 which is what windows 7 has installed by default. Maybe .net framework 3.0 just isn't compatible on windows 7 no matter what.

Might be good practice seeing as xp isn't as widely used any more.

I got the exact same errors for some reason.

13exa said:
kebumikan said:
13exa said:
Ikaguia said:
have you set the correct path to the editor?
Yes sir
are you have a MnB 1.011? if have, have you set the correct path to 1.011 Mod Folder?
Yes, Sure. I had download it Six Month Ago
hmm.. i heard you can't launch thorgim map editor. if still can't be opened with Lumos tool, try to report the error to thorgim map editor thread  :mrgreen:

You should be able to open it with version .2, but the latest version if running on windows 7 will not work. Thats my experience at least. Hey Lumos, could you also have a download link for the old version too?

I'm also getting an exception involving the sql file, the program still opens but I think it is buggy because of the missing parts from the exception. I unzipped it into a folder and ran the program, I've also redownloaded and unzipped, anything I could be doing wrong?

I've been discussing this with Lumos and we've tried many things and it just appears that the program isn't compatible with windows 7 at the time. The program may open, but the functions do not work. You can open a mod and run the map editor, but it will not save the files from what I noticed.

sounds good, I'm using XP and still getting the error though. also my net framework is updated well past 3.0
I'm sure the text file based one will work for me though.

I'm sure you can do it Lumos. If you were able to program it with sql I'm guessing you can do it for the text just as easily.

Thanks for the support!
I am now proud to present you the Warband MapManager version 0.9!
I re-wrote it (twice) from scratch, but it was well worth it. The new one has some more stuff - most notably a new window for faster multi-mod adding.
And it should be flawless (and bugless... :lol:) for all OSes.

Well, I need testers! Go on and try it and tell me how it works. And has anyone found out what is the program's icon yet? :wink: (Hint: I understood that Win7 has a very handy feature which lets you zoom in/out the appilcation icons)

Tester Lindsay up, up and away!!!

I'll add some notes after I've done my testing.

Notes: Initial Test Run

compatible-with-windows-7-large.png

Be sure to run the program in administrator mode otherwise you will get access denied, that is if you installed the map editor and/or games to the Programs Files folder. If you installed to a folder outside of those folders then you should not get this error.

Notes: Map Editor

Ok, so it appears everything is working. There is one thing that I don't understand though. I added a village in the map editor, then saved it all. I had it set to auto transfer files. So I loaded up the mod to see if the village would appear, and when I click start new game I get a runtime error on the loading screen. Is this something that I need to change on my part somehow or is this a hiccup in the program? The game closes of course, so I can never start up my test mod. I'm also using the steam version, if that could be the cause.

Ok, so steam is not the problem. Hm...

Back
Top Bottom