New idea for mod: early Rome

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gothic Knight said:
Tsubodai said:
Gothic Knight said:
You have to enter the name of the files into the module ini.

yh i've done that.
It should work then, because I downloaded the OSP pack last week and got it to work with openbrf by using a copied native folder.

I'll try download again. Openbrf just said that it can't find texture

Tsubodai said:
shadowarcher said:
It's not just porting, it's also making the scenes, models, textures, dialogues etc which takes ages depending on the scale of how epic you want your mod to be, and plus i think Ealabor is the only person working on it so progress is going to be slow.

One his own? Ouch, thats gonna take a while. I've seen the size of the project. Do u know if he needs help?

Well he is working on the scenes atm, if you are a decent scene maker i suggest you pay him a visit.

shadowarcher said:
Tsubodai said:
shadowarcher said:
It's not just porting, it's also making the scenes, models, textures, dialogues etc which takes ages depending on the scale of how epic you want your mod to be, and plus i think Ealabor is the only person working on it so progress is going to be slow.

One his own? Ouch, thats gonna take a while. I've seen the size of the project. Do u know if he needs help?

Well he is working on the scenes atm, if you are a decent scene maker i suggest you pay him a visit.

Ah, i'm not much of a scene maker.

Tsubodai said:
shadowarcher said:
Tsubodai said:
shadowarcher said:

Ah, i'm not much of a scene maker.

Fair enough, im a weapons modeller myself but i'm not that good at it(I can make a decent sword but nothing as epic as other peoples creation).

Anyway back on topic.

Does anyone either know if there is a map of just Italy I could use or is there anyone who knows how to do those kind of things who might want to make one? Thats the main thing I need (will worry about scenes later).

Thanks to Llew I have some awesome Roman & Gallic items and thanks to Gothic Knight I have some awesome Italian & Greek items so this 'idea' might turn into something yet.

Well, Llew's Roman items might be out of date, unless he has some Montefortinos and Etruscan-Corinthians in there. The Gallic chainmail he made is pretty much golden for this mod though.

yh the Roman items are a later period than the one i'm interested in but they are very good and so for now i will use them

having really frustrating new problem with all the new items. they seem to vanish at the end of each day in the game (one or two at a time)

It is against the forum rules to double post even if you did create the topic, only double post when the topic has been left for 3-5 days and you have something important to say, i'm only saying this to prevent yet another member from being muted or banned.

Tsubodai said:
yh the Roman items are a later period than the one i'm interested in but they are very good and so for now i will use them

having really frustrating new problem with all the new items. they seem to vanish at the end of each day in the game (one or two at a time)

No problem, beats having vanilla items for the Romans. Here's a link to Faradon's items because he has a Kopis made in there and that can be used by Romans and Italians.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,85220.0.html

Tsubodai said:

Yep, sadly, no one has really made these helms, except Hegemony probably. Here's a picture of Italian/Roman helms from EBII, who have done the helm modeling rather well.
30689175.jpg
20587774.jpg
Boeotian helm- used by Roman Equites.
ah-6118t.jpg

Gothic Knight said:
Tsubodai said:

No problem, beats having vanilla items for the Romans. Here's a link to Faradon's items because he has a Kopis made in there and that can be used by Romans and Italians.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,85220.0.html

ah, just noticed the downlad link no longer works, does he have a new one?

& those pics from ur next post look nice. I'm not sure how to make helmets though. is there a item creator or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom