Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucan said:
I got a question on my own, did search for it, but find no aswer.
Its about the shopping list and the faction relations report. both of them are to big to fit in the screen, i am not able to see some parts of them, is there a way to fix it?

not yet.
It's a problem of too many factions for that presentation the way it was originally laid out.

The problem won't get less in .8 as more factions are made, unless the presentation is re-written.
There's a shortage of coders able to do that at the moment.  Its really too much for one person to fight without help,
but when I complained ... well, here I am outside the fishbowl as a citizen.  Michadr still likes me, and I think he's cool too, but Perisno really needed to have 2-3 coders working bugs, not dump it all on one person.  Anyway, its old news.

If anyone wants to fight dragons (they seem more like hydras at times) -- and they can code, Silber has a job opening for them.  You get to wear a crown of thorns and carry a cloak of many colors; if you leave like I did, they can draw lots for your garments.  Pity I wasnt the right guy in the suit... Perisno still has bugs, but a few less than before.

The presentation for so many kingdoms -- never had time for that one.  nope.

you may use my factions relation report from Empire III if you want gsanders as you are the only one allowed with my source it will have to be you

Your code is a big help.

I havent had time to digest it. Actually I am still at work trying to get a big server up to return to the customer in the morning, but so far limited success.  Havent given your code a look over yet.  It does have some powerful capabilities.

If all goes well tomorrow I can save much at work, which helps me to be able to code again as before.  So I guess its all or nothing for me :smile:

Thanks for the offer, it may save the day!

- GS

======
Karma must be huge, because 2 minutes after Lor Dric offered to assist provided I cut the one presentation from the other code he has -- my server at work came back and the hospital can resume taking X-rays and CT scans by lunch time tomorrow.  I lost last week's patient data but its floating around on CDs and much of it is cached elsewhere.  All in all good news and I can sleep before the long drive.

Thanks again Lor Dric.

SO I have 7.2 is there a way i can go from 7.2 to 7.3 without redownloading the mod, i have really limited bandwidth atm and wont be able to get the new version otherwise!

Pamper_Me said:
SO I have 7.2 is there a way i can go from 7.2 to 7.3 without redownloading the mod, i have really limited bandwidth atm and wont be able to get the new version otherwise!
Negative! - The uploaded patch on ModDB only provides updating from 0.732,3,4 to 0.73 (final).
Please download 0.73(final) or continue on your playthrough.

Question: When you encounter villagers and there is an option to ask them to join you, what do you need to do to get them to agree? Is there some level of relations with their village or their faction you need to reach?

howloon said:
Question: When you encounter villagers and there is an option to ask them to join you, what do you need to do to get them to agree? Is there some level of relations with their village or their faction you need to reach?
I think it is based on renown, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll ask.

Looking at some of the bug fixes on Nexus and having played long enough to see Princess Bridgit... I just have to ask the silly, stupid things!

Can you actually marry her as a female player, or is the game set-up to still have it so she's a "lord" but is female so only a male can marry her? I know it's a silly question. But gotta ask.

Edit: Moved here. Please use the Q&A thread instead of making new topics if it belongs there.

krisslanza said:
Looking at some of the bug fixes on Nexus and having played long enough to see Princess Bridgit... I just have to ask the silly, stupid things!

Can you actually marry her as a female player, or is the game set-up to still have it so she's a "lord" but is female so only a male can marry her? I know it's a silly question. But gotta ask.

Edit: Moved here. Please use the Q&A thread instead of making new topics if it belongs there.

Diplomacy made great pains to allow same sex marriage and I generally didn't change this.

flow chart:
[
  You should try to build a relationship of at least 5,

next comes personality which is random each game
    materialistic wants 350 renown
    honorable    wants  20 honor

all want a positive romantic chemistry result
        which takes into account your charisma and persuasion

next there is a check to see if all her available suitors slots are full
    but its possible this check is flawed at the moment as I keep clearing it and it often fails, especially after early game

she will agree to marry you once all the above pass AND you have 20+ relation

Next comes the cutscene test or forced elope:
  As she has a father assigned (unlike Princess Linthradil) you would miss the test to see if the woman was an "orphan"
    so would not be forced to elope instead of the cutscene.
]

And that's how it was when I last touched it.  I sort of doubt it's changed in the last week...

- GS

gsanders said:
krisslanza said:

Diplomacy made great pains to allow same sex marriage and I generally didn't change this.

flow chart:
[
  You should try to build a relationship of at least 5,

next comes personality which is random each game
    materialistic wants 350 renown
    honorable    wants  20 honor

all want a positive romantic chemistry result
        which takes into account your charisma and persuasion

next there is a check to see if all her available suitors slots are full
    but its possible this check is flawed at the moment as I keep clearing it and it often fails, especially after early game

she will agree to marry you once all the above pass AND you have 20+ relation

Next comes the cutscene test or forced elope:
  As she has a father assigned (unlike Princess Linthradil) you would miss the test to see if the woman was an "orphan"
    so would not be forced to elope instead of the cutscene.
]

And that's how it was when I last touched it.  I sort of doubt it's changed in the last week...

- GS

I was never even aware Diplomacy had done that at all! Though not too many mods actually add in female lords to the game, now that I think about it. So seems the only possible hang-up is the "suitor slots" being full even when they shouldn't? I've never actually gone and ever dabbled with the romantic side of M&B. Still, seems I'll have to try and figure it out now!

I've never actually gone and ever dabbled with the romantic side of M&B. Still, seems I'll have to try and figure it out now!

I'm sure it has plenty of benefits, but I'll share the two reasons that I do it. 

1.  Getting married to one of those "noble" ladies, gives you a bunch of Right to Rule.
2.  When you do start your own kingdom, you can place your wife as advisor/minister (whatever that first role is), instead of one of your companions. If you place your wife or a companion in that role, it offers more options than if you hire a local person.  Anyways, so by placing your wife in that role, it frees up a companion for other work.

sidhos said:
I've never actually gone and ever dabbled with the romantic side of M&B. Still, seems I'll have to try and figure it out now!

I'm sure it has plenty of benefits, but I'll share the two reasons that I do it. 

1.  Getting married to one of those "noble" ladies, gives you a bunch of Right to Rule.
2.  When you do start your own kingdom, you can place your wife as advisor/minister (whatever that first role is), instead of one of your companions. If you place your wife or a companion in that role, it offers more options than if you hire a local person.  Anyways, so by placing your wife in that role, it frees up a companion for other work.

That's some good benefits I've always missed out on. Giving up a companion was... well, not always a hard choice so much as a bothersome one I guess. Having to find one, give him (I always tend to keep the female companions) the right skills then get rid of him. But it is certainly tedious.

Also maybe some of my difficulties are because I got the game off Nexus - which only has 0.6! I was out of date!

Can a faction be taken over, internally?  For example, as a vassal, say I become associated with one of the families, and get a bunch of lords to really like me,  then can I oust the king?

sidhos said:
  Can a faction be taken over, internally?  For example, as a vassal, say I become associated with one of the families, and get a bunch of lords to really like me,  then can I oust the king?
Hmm... I think the only way to do that is find the clamient and do it that way.

I'm having the Runtime Error crash when I clicked Play Perisno. I've tried all the things suggested on Runtime Error Fix except for threaded optimization off because I don't have an Nvidia card and I don't see any options for my AMD ATI Radeon to do that. It literally crashed the instant I click Play Perisno. Is there anything else I can try?

Kiri Kaneko said:
I'm having the Runtime Error crash when I clicked Play Perisno. I've tried all the things suggested on Runtime Error Fix except for threaded optimization off because I don't have an Nvidia card and I don't see any options for my AMD ATI Radeon to do that. It literally crashed the instant I click Play Perisno. Is there anything else I can try?

load textures on demand is checked?
there was another laptop user that I made screen shots for today look down and check those.

--
  Also I've started a text file for inheritences.

Its rather long as I don't think its possible to do it shorter.  I've put 3 hours into this and frankly I don't have time for another hour.  Its late and my family needs to sleep.
  I don't follow native so none of the native starting applies.
and its not something as trivial as you might guess.  Not sure how many printed pages that is.  A few at least.
you'll excuse me if I stop interpreting in the last 1/3rd.  By that point you should see how it was working and guess with high certainty what it means

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgENGFWNUVYV2dqMGc/view?usp=sharing

I really like the mod but i have several problems.

1. How can i get velvet? I need it to move my capital and i didn't see it anywhere.
2. I have almost 2500 renown, 130 honour and 99 right to rule and no faction agrees to any agreement with me, why?
3. I offer towns to persuade lords to join my faction and send my offer by person with 6 or 5 persuaaion and they hardly ever agree, though they have no fiefs, they like me and my spy tells they can be persuaded. Is it normal?

P.S. The Zann invasion is not perfect, in my case they had no fiefs though i had an announcement that they have taken 2 castles, and their first siege was interrupted and quickly generals abandoned their Mandate of Heaven. Sadly, the great invasion ended almost as it started, with not a single success.

Sorry for mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom