Wargame: AirLand Battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Vermillion_Hawk

Butthurt Bushmaster
Baron
Anyone else play here? I recently bought it and so far it's been a lot more fun in multiplayer than the previous game. Planes are a great addition, but I don't know who had the smart idea of giving iron bombs a 3500m range.

wargame_airland_battle-uk06.jpg

wargame_airland_battle-uk02.jpg

wargame_airland_battle-fr01.jpg

wargame_airland_battle-de06-1200x675.jpg

I just purchased it from green man gaming, which has no beta codes apparently. I am very frustrated, looking forward to playing, but ridiculously frustrated...

It's not that big of a deal to wait, the balance is undergoing some heavy tweaks as of now so it's probably for the best not to play so as to not get used to units which might get nerfed, changed, etc.

Perhaps, but I have quite a few friends playing it a lot and I feel like I'm missing out.

Well it's only 5 days. And trust me, do they have some balance issues to work out. It's not very fun when garrisoned infantry are nearly invulnerable and unapproachable, and when all the routes in a map are covered by them, the artillery and counter-artillery game which follows is anything but fun.

So I'm really interested in buying this game and I just wanted to know. Is it worth the 40$ ?
I don't have the money now so I can't buy it but if it's not worth 40$ would it be worth 20-30$ ? Either way I'll probably wait for the Steam Summer Sale.

I have to admit. This game just seems sooooo ****ing great. Reminds me a bit of Arma.

I would say yes, it's definitely worth the $40. It's pretty damn good, and while there are balance issues and bugs that need to be ironed out, it's incredibly fun and easily one of my favourite RTS games.

tialexandre said:
I have a question. Do you need use infantry a lot in this game or it's mainly vehicules?

The first game was like that, but nowadays infantry can be incredibly devastating, but they're not for holding the frontline in most cases. You need to set up ambushes, flank the enemy and garrison them in buildings for them to be truly effective.

Or just put the FAGOT (pun not intended) guys into every bush you can find.

Just had game where L-39 Albatros claimed three Abramses, three Starships and one M797, whatever that is.

Four days, still pissed that GMG didn't have the beta... kind of put off from buying anything from them again.

Yeah infantry are awesome in the woods, I used a force of Royal Marines to hunt down the Tunguskas hiding in the woods so my friend could send in the airstrikes.

Back
Top Bottom