Wargame: AirLand Battle

Users who are viewing this thread

They're also apparently invincible to cluster munitions, even out in the open. I dropped 4 500 kg cluster bombs on 4 infantry squads directly out in the open and they lost maybe 3 men total. They really need to work on that.

Artillery just murders them though, I have to scramble them away from the location whenever I finish a fight since there's usually an artillery strike heading right for them. If I'm lucky there's a clearing nearby and I can slip in some rescue choppers.

Pre 1975 Czechoslovak deck. **** yeah! I have more airplanes than average enemy has anti-air systems.

8x Mig21BiS
16x L-39 Albatros
8x Mig23

As for AAA:

44x Tatra with twin 23mm cannon
22 KUBs

Backed by one lolstack of 29x T-55As, 22x T62cz and tons of infantry (I mean...tons!).

Honestly, these stacking modifiers are bat**** crazy.

Are people able to do compstomps in Multiplayer? Me and my friend like to toy around with some bots prior to actually playing against other people in any new game we get.

Kevlar said:
So, not worth buying at the moment?

Yes, it's worth buying, definitely. I never did say that, it's just I suppose I expected a few more tune-ups with the official release date, but those will come eventually regardless. I'm just adverse to the update drip is all.

Windbusche said:
Are people able to do compstomps in Multiplayer? Me and my friend like to toy around with some bots prior to actually playing against other people in any new game we get.

Yes, you can play multiplayer against the AI. You can also do co-op campaigns against the AI (not yet though, should be out in a few days or something last I heard) in a Total War-style campaign map.

I must also mention that the AI in this game is pretty damn good. It'll give you a run for your money. It's not perfect, of course, but it's one of the better strategy game AIs I've played against.

Guess I will check it out more when I get home then. Just saw it for $22 online. Not to big into rts games so that is why I am hesitant of buying, only rts game I have enjoyed was forged alliance.

Kevlar said:
Guess I will check it out more when I get home then. Just saw it for $22 online. Not to big into rts games so that is why I am hesitant of buying, only rts game I have enjoyed was forged alliance.
If you liked ARMA, and you liked Supreme Commander, you'll probably love this.

Rallix said:
If you liked ARMA, and you liked Supreme Commander, you'll probably love this.

I do like both those games. Also watching a video of some guy playing as Canada forces now, not sure why you would want to play as Canada though.

Back
Top Bottom