Zooming out without minus key

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

I have this serious, very serious issue. I play multiplayer in a regular basis and I need, literally need to zoom out in order to play and see better, is there another way that doesnt needs a minus key? No, I wont get another keyboard, there must be an alternative way or a way to change the key. Thanks in advance.

I had to sort this out when I got a keyboard with no numpad a few years ago. Most key rebinding programs don't work with how warband receives input but I have something that works somewhere, I'll find and upload for you later today ?

I had to plug my keyboard into Error's PC during the LAN so that he could bind it to sth else, perhaps you can just buy some cheap 2€ keyboard only to do that. However, I'd rather you wait for M to post some magical programs.

If your mouse has some extra buttons I suggest you open your screen keyboard and bind the minus key onto one of those buttons. Later you can use this button to zoom out.

A neat trick I found was use Microsoft's on screen keyboard. Since the application is still always in front of other full screen applications, you can use it, when you press the minus key it will tab you out but it will zoom you out, close the on screen keyboard, tab back in then Bob's your uncle.

Thank you all for the answers. Here were I live I don't have a computer of my own that can actually allow me to play MP, so I go to a ciber (they're very popular here lmao) and some keyboards, that are really good keyboards don't have numpad, I'll try the mouse binding thing when I go, keyboard on screen doesn't works, (also I can't take a keyboard with myself everytime I go that would be so weird lmaoo) if you end up finding that program I will be very grateful M, again ty.
PD: I'm very used to play with the zoom out and I ended up losing yesterday's clan war, F

Shemaforash said:
Perhaps the on-screen keyboard could help you?

Didn't get that to work, thought I tried that in the past.
lmao this does work :facepalm:

You need to click Options, turn on numpad, minus works on there

? M said:
Shemaforash said:
Perhaps the on-screen keyboard could help you?

Didn't get that to work, thought I tried that in the past.
lmao this does work :facepalm:

You need to click Options, turn on numpad, minus works on there
lmaooo thank you

hey guys dont know if you will read this 4 years later but i got it working,

enable numb pad on the on-screen kb
when the game is running not paused, hold alt tab, tab to kb, let go of tab but keep holding alt, and use your mouse to tap minus on numbpad.

thats how i did it sorry for the confusing instructions

hope you guys have an awesome one!

Back
Top Bottom